First Press in 8 years and BSL!

Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful!

I can see how it takes you so much time to do all that hair. Do you feel differently about it now knowing your hair is BSL?

I use Aveda Brilliant Damage Control as my spray on heat protectant before I blow dry; that provides layer one from the heat.

I like it because its water-based and doesn't weigh my hair down. And its a great top quality product. Then I apply my CHI as I press my hair; it has cones so it does provide some protection from the heat and it infuses moisture into your hair strands as the heat hits your hair.
I have 5 hot combs, and the best one for course thick hair is the double press comb. That's the hot comb I use when I want a silky, super straight press. I think the K52 is for medium course texture.

That's right, you're an Aveda woman. thanks. "double press", that sounds finer tooth? I knew a finer tooth comb could get my hair straighter, but I also knew getting that through my hair would be really difficult, so I chose the widest tooth one I could find.

your hair so thick and beautiful. oh my gosh. what is your regimen?

Thank you.
I wish I could answer that, but I don't have a steady regimen. But I usually wash once a week and only comb then.

Hotness! Are you going to be doing this more often?

Thank you. I'm going to try to, but it's a lo of work. At least once a month, I hope.

Congratulations, Chicca! Your hair is to die for! Out of this world beautiful! :love: And that pony of yours *swoons* It's so long I can't stop laughing. :lachen: I am so excited and happy for you! You GROW girl!

thank you, nonie, for all your support. :kiss:

Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful!

I can see how it takes you so much time to do all that hair. Do you feel differently about it now knowing your hair is BSL?

Do you mean do I feel differently about relaxing? It does make me think that I'd have to go a long time to get this hair back if I didn't like relaxing. But it's still some . . . powerful hair. :)

Your hair is ridiculous!! Some of the best hair on the board :yep:

another supporter, i really appreciate it :blush3:

Congratulations! Your hair looks amazing.
I've just decided to transition and you are definately one of my inspirations.

Oh my gosh!!! Look at all that pretty hair. I so need to stalk your album.

With your hair all flowy like that, you remind me of Keesha Sharp, the chick that played Monica on the tv show Girlfriends:yep:

That bra is a serious low rider, so congrats on reaching bsl land:yep::yep::yep:
Just the fact that you grew long AND thick is an inspiration.

Back