First Press in 8 years and BSL!

Your hair is so pretty and thick! :yep:
Did you apply a spray-on heat protectant before blow drying?

I just used the Chi Silk Infusion. I figured since it had cones it could be a heat protectant. What do you use?

btw, I followed your brand advice and got a Kizure. The coarsest one available, I think it is a K52.

I just used the Chi Silk Infusion. I figured since it had cones it could be a heat protectant. What do you use?

btw, I followed your brand advice and got a Kizure. The coarsest one available, I think it is a K52.
I use Aveda Brilliant Damage Control as my spray on heat protectant before I blow dry; that provides layer one from the heat.
I like it because its water-based and doesn't weigh my hair down. And its a great top quality product. Then I apply my CHI as I press my hair; it has cones so it does provide some protection from the heat and it infuses moisture into your hair strands as the heat hits your hair.
I have 5 hot combs, and the best one for course thick hair is the double press comb. That's the hot comb I use when I want a silky, super straight press. I think the K52 is for medium course texture.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Chicca! Your hair is to die for! Out of this world beautiful! :love: And that pony of yours *swoons* It's so long I can't stop laughing. :lachen: I am so excited and happy for you! You GROW girl!

Back