Fermodyl 619

nikki1971 said:
I also really like the 619 regular. I am holding on to my last vial for dear life girl! The reason why I wanted to try the 07 was because I just had a relaxer and my hair is strong and moisturized but a little limp. I really did not want to use anything with too much protein in it because I did have a strong protein treatment a week before my hair was relaxed.

Was there anything specific about the results with the 07 formula you did not like?

Honestly, the smell of it. :lol: It does not stink, but it reminds me of a salon that Grandmother used to go to back in the day. She used to take me and the place use to smell like what the 07 smells like to me. I hated waiting for her to get her hair done.

Other than that I think it does a decent job. I actually like it better than 619 extra strength. I got a dozen sized box from ebay for 10 once so I used those up just to take advantage of the deal. I try to stick with 619 though. I have mixed the 619 and 619 extra strength after a touchup.

I cannot remember which of the other formulas have protein. Anybody have any of the others they can check for protein?

Last edited:
I just bought the 619 after all the wonderful reviews I am gonna try it out later and come back with my review :) I am crossing my fingers :)

StephyPoo said:
I just bought the 619 after all the wonderful reviews I am gonna try it out later and come back with my review :) I am crossing my fingers :)

WOW WOW WOW, HoneyDew this stuff is GREAT!! I am sooo glad I bought ALL 11 vials that the BSS had and they where ONLY $1.99 :), after I washed my hair I put the 619 on then I put in my African Pride leave in...detangling was a breeze and I did NOT loose many hairs at all, I put my hair in fat twists, they look so cute and JET BLACK!! thanks to the BIGEN :)

THANKS EVERYONE for your reviews they encouraged me to go ahead and buy and give it a try, you guys are GREAT!! ((hugs)):)

HoneyDew said:
Honestly, the smell of it. :lol: It does not stink, but it reminds me of a salon that Grandmother used to go to back in the day. She used to take me and the place use to smell like what the 07 smells like to me. I hated waiting for her to get her hair done.

Other than that I think it does a decent job. I actually like it better than 619 extra strength. I got a dozen sized box from ebay for 10 once so I used those up just to take advantage of the deal. I try to stick with 619 though. I have mixed the 619 and 619 extra strength after a touchup.

I cannot remember which of the other formulas have protein. Anybody have any of the others they can check for protein?

I just tried the 07 formula yesterday. I like this one also. It does smell different than the 619 :look: I think that I will alternate the 07 and 619 formulas.

StephyPoo said:
WOW WOW WOW, HoneyDew this stuff is GREAT!! I am sooo glad I bought ALL 11 vials that the BSS had and they where ONLY $1.99 :), after I washed my hair I put the 619 on then I put in my African Pride leave in...detangling was a breeze and I did NOT loose many hairs at all, I put my hair in fat twists, they look so cute and JET BLACK!! thanks to the BIGEN :)

THANKS EVERYONE for your reviews they encouraged me to go ahead and buy and give it a try, you guys are GREAT!! ((hugs)):)

Wow you found them at a really great price! I am glad to hear that you like them. Between Porosity Control and Fermodyl, I really think ROUX makes great products.

nikki1971 said:
I just tried the 07 formula yesterday. I like this one also. It does smell different than the 619 :look: I think that I will alternate the 07 and 619 formulas.

That's a good idea. I found a bunch of the 07 on ebay for a CHEAP price once and alternating helped me cut down on costs.

I bought the yellowish vials, so is this fermodyl 619 regular? Because i notice both had EXTRA STRENGHT at the bottom, but it seemed as if the clear vials had it more in bold type. Did i buy the right one? I wanted regular not extra strenght.

wheezy807 said:
I bought the yellowish vials, so is this fermodyl 619 regular? Because i notice both had EXTRA STRENGHT at the bottom, but it seemed as if the clear vials had it more in bold type. Did i buy the right one? I wanted regular not extra strenght.

I just saw your post. I have the 619 regular.

Prietess...thanks for the instore coupon info. I have to take a few products back to sally's anyway. just in time to get a few other items.;)

Letitia said:
I just saw your post. I have the 619 regular.

Prietess...thanks for the instore coupon info. I have to take a few products back to sally's anyway. just in time to get a few other items.;)

Your welcome Tee. I think they also had Porosity Control, free poo with the condish too as a special. What's a few more hair products among pj friends? :eyebrows2

Priestess said:
Your welcome Tee. I think they also had Porosity Control, free poo with the condish too as a special. What's a few more hair products among pj friends? :eyebrows2

Man, you all are killin' me with the coupon info!!! I love the Fermodyl 619 and Porosity Control is my ish. Now I have to leave early for work to stop at Sally's. Oh, well. The sacrifices we make...
Thanks for the info ;) !

I was talking to a friend yesterday at church. We got to talking about hair and she mentioned Fermodyl too. She has beautiful, think long, BSL hair. (I told her about LHCF. I expect her to join soon.)

So, of course, I consulted the board for confirmation and I knew I had seen something on it.

Now I am going to pick some up.

Thanks for the confirmation, ladies.

Finally used my fermodyl 619 regular today. I must say that i was very disappointed. It just sat on my hair and i could have sworn my hair was laughing @ us (me and fermodyl)! I will be 13 weeks post on saturday, so does that play a factor into it? So needless to say i just saturated infusium 23 leave in on top of it and processed to detangle. I guess maybe i was looking for some "out of this world" slip or something.:perplexed But i have 2vials left so i'm not giving up yet. Maybe it will work with less wks post hair?

wheezy807 said:
Finally used my fermodyl 619 regular today. I must say that i was very disappointed. It just sat on my hair and i could have sworn my hair was laughing @ us (me and fermodyl)! I will be 13 weeks post on saturday, so does that play a factor into it? So needless to say i just saturated infusium 23 leave in on top of it and processed to detangle. I guess maybe i was looking for some "out of this world" slip or something.:perplexed But i have 2vials left so i'm not giving up yet. Maybe it will work with less wks post hair?

I use it with a creamy leave in.... I felt the same way the first time. It wasn't until my hair was dry did I appreciate it. There is a vast difference in my hair when I don't use it.

MissVee said:
I use it with a creamy leave in.... I felt the same way the first time. It wasn't until my hair was dry did I appreciate it. There is a vast difference in my hair when I don't use it.

after the fermodyl and infusium, i used NTM Silk touch leave-in cream. My hair is still a lil bit damp this morning, i dunno. I don't think there's any difference.

wheezy807 said:
after the fermodyl and infusium, i used NTM Silk touch leave-in cream. My hair is still a lil bit damp this morning, i dunno. I don't think there's any difference.

That is too bad... next time use the 619 and the NTM... see what happens.

MissVee said:

This is kinda how I realized my hair liked it. The first time I used it I was not convinced. It was not until after my next wash and I DID NOT use it and airdried that I realized that I need to use it.

I forgot to use it this morning and applied my leave in. I noticed a difference and was starting to panic until i saw the fermodyl staring right at me. I applied it on top of the leave in but it was too late :(

sunbasque said:
I forgot to use it this morning and applied my leave in. I noticed a difference and was starting to panic until i saw the fermodyl staring right at me. I applied it on top of the leave in but it was too late :(

:lol: :lol:

I cannot tell you how many times I have done that!! I want to kick myself. I will be in such a hurry and forget to use it.

Bump...For those of us who don't know what Fermodyl is. (Me) The 3-pack is on sale this month at Sallys. 2 for $10.

Daisimae said:
Bump...For those of us who don't know what Fermodyl is. (Me) The 3-pack is on sale this month at Sallys. 2 for $10.

:driver: :driver:

I hope they don't have a limit on how many you can buy. I will wipe out ALL OF THE 619's they have!!

Back