Fermodyl 619

I don't know if any other natural has posted their experience w/ fermodyl so I will. I purchased a couple vials of the 619 at Sally's the other day (they had a sale) and I just got finished using my first one.

OMG :eek:! This stuff works amazingly well. I put it on after washing (and conditioning) my hair and at first my hair didn't feel any different. But I decided to use the whole vial (as instructed). The more of it I put on the better my hair felt. But the real shocker came when I put my regular creamy moisturizer on...I tell you that stuff glided on so smooth :D. I think this stuff even made my curls hang down better! I went into a picture taking frenzy trying to see if my hair looked different. And it did! I could see that my hair was more moisturized. Thank you ladies for another excellent recommendation ;).

SEMO said:
I don't know if any other natural has posted their experience w/ fermodyl so I will. I purchased a couple vials of the 619 at Sally's the other day (they had a sale) and I just got finished using my first one.

OMG :eek:! This stuff works amazingly well. I put it on after washing (and conditioning) my hair and at first my hair didn't feel any different. But I decided to use the whole vial (as instructed). The more of it I put on the better my hair felt. But the real shocker came when I put my regular creamy moisturizer on...I tell you that stuff glided on so smooth :D. I think this stuff even made my curls hang down better! I went into a picture taking frenzy trying to see if my hair looked different. And it did! I could see that my hair was more moisturized. Thank you ladies for another excellent recommendation ;).

This describes my first experience with it, as well. I was like :eek: When I applied my creamy leave it it was amazing! I dunno, it just works better.

Now, you would really see it if you forget to use the fermodyl like I have a few times. You can really tell the difference.

Usually when I air dry, my hair is crunchy with no moisture no matter what I do! Last week I decided to give this air drying thing one more shot.
I washed as usual with ORS creamy aloe and deep cond. with silk worm mixed with ORS replenishing pak, towel dried and put the Fermodyl 619 and then castor oil full strength to my hair. When my hair was 75% dry I added some more castor oil to my hair and ends,with a satin scarf in the middle of the night I took off my scarf and my hair was so smooth and silky:eek: And this is 9 weeks post relaxer I couldn't believe it, this just pushes me to keep stretchin longer. I did this with just the castor oil before but I never had results like that before, hmmm I'm going back to get some more Fermodyl this just might be it.;)

HoneyDew I see how this could become a serious staple :yep:. I am already making plans to obtain more. I just might have to start buying this by the caseload like you do. And I am definitely not a person who normally buys in bulk.

But I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I've used Roux Porosity Control for about 6-7 years and it's the only shampoo and conditioner I've brought by the liter. Roux just makes great products I guess.

I LOVE this stuff! I have used 6 of my last 7 washes and boy, oh boy, this leaves my hair moisturized and smooth. Ever since I started using henna over a year ago, I didn't think anything else could boost my hair up another level, but 619 is like, WOW!

I'm not a product junkie (well, okay, I DO buy different cheapie condishes to satisfy the PJ in me) but I usually don't go running out after every new product rave that hits the board. But I read this thread with interest and THEN I saw some at my local BSS for like $1.79 a tube and I'm like, what the heck, just a couple of bucks.

Well, I use half a tube immediately after washing - squeeze hair dry and apply thru out, then follow with my usual creamy leave-in and oils. I've not change my routine or products, just added this one little step and WOW!

I decided to use for a while to make sure and indeed, the moisture, smoothness and shine of my hair just continues to get better and better. I even deliberately skipped it one wash, just to see -- yep, I noticed the difference -- hair was just not as SMOOTH as when I used it.

I am soooo impressed with this that I checked the pH of this product and it is 4.5 pH, which explained a lot to me. This little baby has a low enough pH to close cuticles (which is why my hair strands are soooo smooth!), restores porosity and return hair back to a more acidic state after washing ('poos, condish, and even water can raise hair pH). Then I paid close attention to the ingredients and it has "lactic acid" which is both a pH balancer and a moisturizer and helps other ingredients penetrate (lactic acid is great for skin when used properly). All the other ingredients are like emolients and fatty alcohols which are excellent moisturizers. Oh, and I looked up one ingredient that I did not recognize: aminomethyl propanol -- never saw this before and I've learned it is a neutralizing agent, which not sure what that means, but sounds like it MAY be neutralizing any residue from 'poo (or condish, or henna, or whatever was used to wash).

This product is totally cone free and protein free! I'm soooo excited and am about to purchase like tons of them from my local BSS. I think $1.79 per tube is a pretty good price and I'm about to clean them out.

I use 619 Regular. Ingredients: Water, Cetearlyl Alcohol, glycol stearate, ceteareth-33, cetalkonium bromide, lactic acid, steric acid, aminomethyl propanol, fragrance, methylparaben, yellow 5, green 5

I LOVE this stuff! I have used 6 of my last 7 washes and boy, oh boy, this leaves my hair moisturized and smooth. Ever since I started using henna over a year ago, I didn't think anything else could boost my hair up another level, but 619 is like, WOW!

I'm not a product junkie (well, okay, I DO buy different cheapie condishes to satisfy the PJ in me) but I usually don't go running out after every new product rave that hits the board. But I read this thread with interest and THEN I saw some at my local BSS for like $1.79 a tube and I'm like, what the heck, just a couple of bucks.

Well, I use half a tube immediately after washing - squeeze hair dry and apply thru out, then follow with my usual creamy leave-in and oils. I've not change my routine or products, just added this one little step and WOW!

I decided to use for a while to make sure and indeed, the moisture, smoothness and shine of my hair just continues to get better and better. I even deliberately skipped it one wash, just to see -- yep, I noticed the difference -- hair was just not as SMOOTH as when I used it.

I am soooo impressed with this that I checked the pH of this product and it is 4.5 pH, which explained a lot to me. This little baby has a low enough pH to close cuticles (which is why my hair strands are soooo smooth!), restores porosity and return hair back to a more acidic state after washing ('poos, condish, and even water can raise hair pH). Then I paid close attention to the ingredients and it has "lactic acid" which is both a pH balancer and a moisturizer and helps other ingredients penetrate (lactic acid is great for skin when used properly). All the other ingredients are like emolients and fatty alcohols which are excellent moisturizers. Oh, and I looked up one ingredient that I did not recognize: aminomethyl propanol -- never saw this before and I've learned it is a neutralizing agent, which not sure what that means, but sounds like it MAY be neutralizing any residue from 'poo (or condish, or henna, or whatever was used to wash).

This product is totally cone free and protein free! I'm soooo excited and am about to purchase like tons of them from my local BSS. I think $1.79 per tube is a pretty good price and I'm about to clean them out.

I use 619 Regular. Ingredients: Water, Cetearlyl Alcohol, glycol stearate, ceteareth-33, cetalkonium bromide, lactic acid, steric acid, aminomethyl propanol, fragrance, methylparaben, yellow 5, green 5

great post!! :grin::grin:

Ladies use the $5 Sally's coupon to get four 3-packs for for about $22. That is the best price for a dozen. Or swipe them off Ebay from the seller that shellatl posted. :)

great post!! :grin::grin:

Ladies use the $5 Sally's coupon to get four 3-packs for for about $22. That is the best price for a dozen. Or swipe them off Ebay from the seller that shellatl posted. :)

HoneyDew, it was your detailed posts and responses in this and other threads in particular that kinda got me thinking it was worth trying. Bunches and Bunches of thanks for this simple, easy and extremely beneficial addition to my routine . . .:yep:

bumping this thread....

any long-term users, here? also, how many of you are natural or transitioning...

i've read that many of you use a creamy leave-in...can you share the products, please...i use salerm 21, but i'm almost out...is lacio lacio a good, creamy leave-in?? i haven't used it before....

TIA

br*nze~~

I'm lmao because i bought it and never got around to using it. I wonder if it's still good, i'm even afraid to look up my post date.:lachen:

I am a longterm user and i am relaxed & i use the 619 the one for moisture its yellow. I love it

I am a longterm user and i am relaxed & i use the 619 the one for moisture its yellow. I love it

well, toy, if i get your results from using it, i'm in for the long run...:drunk::spinning:

do any of you use ayurvedic powders and oils? i do and i wondered about its effectiveness when paired with ayurvedic regimens...

bumping this thread....

any long-term users, here? also, how many of you are natural or transitioning...

i've read that many of you use a creamy leave-in...can you share the products, please...i use salerm 21, but i'm almost out...is lacio lacio a good, creamy leave-in?? i haven't used it before....

TIA

br*nze~~

I am a faithful long-term user of this. I buy it by the dozen box size, because I use one everytime I wash, even when in braids.

LOVE this stuff. It really makes my moisturizer/leave-in work better and just helps my hair maintain moisture better. Makes styling easier for me, as well.

I do think it does not play well with all conditioners. Conditioners that leave a lot of silicone residue after rinsing or some other coating seems to prevent the Fermodyl 619 for doing its job.

I also only use 619 for curly hair (not the extra strength one).

I've been using this since I was a teenager - over 30 YEARS!!! It is great, always gives a great result, whether relaxed or natural. I love it.

Months before I chose to transition, I was talking about the leave-in I was using with my beautician and suggested I use the 233. I did, I can't say it made my hair better, because it was never in bad condition, but I've continued to use it, and I still do as I transition....

Bumping this. I see that Sally sells a pack of 3 vials for $8+, and I see a pack of 12 vials on Ebay for as low as $16. I'm about to get some on Ebay.

I remember my mother used to use this when I was a little girl.

Bumping this. I see that Sally sells a pack of 3 vials for $8+, and I see a pack of 12 vials on Ebay for as low as $16. I'm about to get some on Ebay.

I remember my mother used to use this when I was a little girl.

Thanks AllieCat ! A Big Shout Out to LaidBak and Tiffers :bouncegrewho was discussing this product with me just this week. After reading this Thread I did go on e-bay and Purchased a box (12 vials) for $21.98. So, based on the rave reviews from my LHCF Sisters, I am anxious to try it.

I remember the product being a Salon Favorite Back in the Day, but cannot remember if it had numbers then or Not? Anyway, I look forward to incorporating this into my Regimen.

Last edited:
I wish it was cheaper, I be wantin to just pour tube after tube on my head :lol:

hmmm.. its interesting to find this thread, b/c i made a thread when i first became a member about "hair vitamins", and no one knew wth i was talking about. lolol. when i was regularly going to the dominican salon near me, they would ask me about hair vitamins, which i would usually get. after looking at the vial, i saw that it said fermodyl, and i meant to do research on the brand, and after visiting my now favorite bss, i saw it, with the different numbers, and bought the 619 es. the dominican salon would always apply it as a leave in to my hair prior to roller setting. i'll probably continue to use it as a leave in though.

I used to use this 20 or more yrs ago...I know I'm dating myself...my hair was nice and strong! I used it twice a month. I'm curious to hear what others say...

BTW...your a beautiful young lady!

Yes! My mom would relax us with Revlon Realistic and after the process she would break open a vial and shake it over our heads. I really loved the smell of it. It's one of those smells I won't forget.

I don't know what's in it that's all that great though ingredient wise.:perplexed

Also, how is the Fermodyl Interactives (the one in the squeeze bottle that says 0619) different from the 619 in the vials?

Are you using Fermodyl 619? YES!!

If not #619 which number do you use and why?
I also love the 07 formula, Extra Strength for Fine hair. I will switch up as needed every other week.

How did you use the product?
I add prior to my leave-in mixture. It really does nicely in terms of detangling and I don't get too frustrated.

How often would you think this product is needed?
I think I'm going to switch between 619 and 07 formulas after every wash on my Sunday wash days.

Can this be found in a BSS? I picked up a few from my local BSS. Honestly I found Sally's to be a bit more expensive than other BSS's in my area. The least I paid for it was $2.39. I picked up 4 vials to last me for a month or so. It's well worth the price. Thanks again, HoneyDew! :kiss:

Would you repurchase this item again?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!:)

On a scale from 1-5, what would you give this product?
15!!!:lol:
Totally OT, but I was looking at your siggy, and my aunt was married to the dude sitting to the front left of Maurice White (he has on the bluish green suit, LOL). I actually got to go to a tupperware party that Philip Bailey's wife gave when I was little.

1974 - 1983
Maurice White: Vocals, Kalimba, Drums, Percussion
Verdine White: Bass, Percussion, Vocals
Philip Bailey: Vocals, Conga, Percussion
Roland Bautista (1981-1983): Guitar
Larry Dunn: Keyboards, Synthesizers, "Mini-Moog"
Johnny Graham: Guitar, Percussion
Ralph Johnson: Drums, Percussion, Vocals
Al McKay (1974-1981): Guitar, Percussion, Vocals
Beloyd Taylor (1981): Guitar, Vocals
Fred White (1975-1983): Drums, Percussion
Andrew Woolfolk: Flute, Saxophone, Percussion

Also, how is the Fermodyl Interactives (the one in the squeeze bottle that says 0619) different from the 619 in the vials?

There is a thread about the stuff in the bottle. Its not the same:
www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=2945853

To save time, here is what was explained, quoting HoneyDew:

I have been lurking but had to login for this one! :grin:

That product is different. Totally different ingredients. It even smells differently. Not saying it isn't good, but I did not try it to find out. I owned one of the 0619 bottles.

I know I must be a Fermodyl junkie because one day I got a package in the mail and it had a Fermodyl tank top in it and a nice full color book about Roux products. Don't know how I got that, but the tank was cute.

Anyway, the book talked about the history of the products and there were some company changes and things. Anyway all of that left us with Fermodyl and Fermodyl Interactives. Totally different with the Fermodyl Interactives being more popular in Europe. I think I got that right.

All I know that that the bottle of 0619 Fermodyl Interactives has different ingredients including protein and cones. I like my ROUX 619 because it does not have either of those. That is why I decided not to try it.

I use this stuff regularly. I was just saying that I wish it were cheaper. As much as I distrust ebay I guess I am about to shop there for some Fermodyl. Are we sure this stuff is good? Not expired or bootleg?

I pay $7.50 for it at the BSS I go to (before tax). So I figured if I bought a 12 pack it had to be cheaper than $30 to be worth the hassle, shipping included. I found it at Hello-Gorgeous.net for a total of $29.44. For some reason I just don't trust eBay. Allie if you have a good experience with that seller let me know.

Back