Female celebrities revealing their real hair

I can't stand that Nicki Minaj picture. Show your face!

Taraji Though!!!! Oh man, will that be my new goal? Crush? Maybe both!!!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Nia Long has forever been my BFF, but Taraji comes in a reeeeeeeally close second! Love that girl and her realness! Oh and her hair!

Maybe Nicki didn't know that it was going to be compiled on a hair-reveal site! Lol

Poor Tyra, that hair need to be air dried to give it some body! Lol

eh. i'm so not impressed. they have all the money in the world, millions of dollars at their disposal and assistants at their beck and call. and their hair still ain't all that.

Hell, if i want to see super impressive, long haired black women i'd just log into LHCF.

eh. i'm so not impressed. they have all the money in the world, millions of dollars at their disposal and assistants at their beck and call. and their hair still ain't all that.

Hell, if i want to see super impressive, long haired black women i'd just log into LHCF.

All the reason that its MORE impressive IMO. Life on the go 24/7, world tours etc. Enough money to by premium weaves from the heads of 9 yr Indian virgins. Through it all they've managed to keep their natural hair pretty decent. If I were in the limelight 24/7 idk if I'd be able to focus on the health of my hair vs. the ease and appeal of wigs/weaves in Hollywood.

I wish more of these celebrities would show the duality of healthy hair and expensive wig/weave protective styling. I have so many girlfriends who only seek out the glamorous aspect at the expense of damaging their real hair and it gets to the point where expensive weaves become a financial necessity. Just paint the whole picture is all I'm saying.

And with my two cents in the bucket, Angela Simmons has some gorgeous hair! Very lovely!

Lets not underestimate how great this is! Im sure a few years ago some of them would hate to show their natural hair!
I see little coloured girls growing up to love their coily/ curly hair!

ITA! It's not like these celebrities have their hair going through all the frying and dying. Plus they can afford the best stylists and the best products. I would expect to see some exceptional heads of hair, like the ones I see on LHCF.

Looking at these celebs and all of the "beauty gurus" on youtube, and many women irl, I think weaves as a protective style has a lot of unwarranted hype :look:. When the vast majority of weave-heads have average or jacked up hair, I don't know how this became a bandwagon to jump on.

I can't stand that Nicki Minaj picture. Show your face!

Taraji Though!!!! Oh man, will that be my new goal? Crush? Maybe both!!!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Nia Long has forever been my BFF, but Taraji comes in a reeeeeeeally close second! Love that girl and her realness! Oh and her hair!

:look: So...am I the only one who doesn't believe that's Taraji's real hair? I saw two different textures on that pic. I'm sure she has real nice hair, but that picture isn't showing it.

:look: So...am I the only one who doesn't believe that's Taraji's real hair? I saw two different textures on that pic. I'm sure she has real nice hair, but that picture isn't showing it.

I have three different textures of hair, four if you include baby hair.

eta- i am impressed- like us one would have to learn healthy hair care practices and once i became knowledgeable in haircare it was on and popping

i don't think anyone has ever really taught blk women about our hair--so everything we do to it-is via trial and era ya know

anyway I'm glad we are embracing our hair--and I'm glad the internet has been a useful tool in that healthy hair journey...

Last edited:
Those pics look just like every woman I used to know IRL at salons

Tyra is bonelaxed to death but has "length".

Some of the other ladies featured lengths that are what we used to consider "long" hair before we knew we could grow to butt length by stretching relaxers, going natural, not using heat, staying away from stylists who don't use healthy hair practices and not letting anyone cutaway our progress.

I am happy these ladies are showing the world that we do have some hair under wigs and weaves etc. I personally am tired of people thinking we are all bald just because we sport a weave sometimes.

It is good for them and good for us because the celebrities are the women most other ladies are watching.

I still love my lhcf sister's hair the best though ;)

Back