February 2014 Hits & Missess

Pull out a slippery DC. Sometimes I'll even dampen hair with a tea first, but I like it better on dry or oiled hair.

Golden75

Thanks for the additional tip. :kiss:

I have the perfect Oil I need to try to finish up.:look:

So, I'll apply to dry hair and then apply DC'er and Steam.

I'll alternate both methods = Dry & Dry w/Oil:yep:

HIT HIT HIT :)

Aphogee Curlific Texture Wash. OMGosh this stuff is AWESOME. It is soft and very rich. It lathers, but I actually combed through my hair like I had the slipperiest conditioner in it. It was I was not expecting that. And I did not detangle prior to shampooing, as I usually do. It was amazing.

Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment. This is a very thick mask. I am heavy handed with masks, and I did not use alot at all. It is like when it first hit my hair, it absorbed. I could barely see it on my hair (mostly just around my edges) It is also very moisturizing. As I rinsed, I could feel the silkiness of it both on my hair, and my skin. The smell is a little more noticeably than the shampoo, but nothing to strong for me (smells can trigger migraines for me).

Continued hit:

Purabody Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk - The shine this gives my hair is amazing! I'm on the lookout for more from this line.

New hits:

Devacurl No Poo- It is so gentle yet so effective. This is a definite staple for me.

Finally receiving my Hana Professional Flat Iron - This is finally a flat iron I feel comfortable using on my hair, ceramic that won't chip or crack, easy to read heat settings and most importantly the ability to go as low as I need it to go so I can get the "kinky-straight" look I like while minimizing my chances of heat damage.

Air-drying with nothing but oil. My hair dries quickly and defined yet soft. This shaves hours off my drying time and therefore my wash and style regimen.

Miss:

Saying no to Valentine's day sales, I am not buying anything until I finish more products. I can't keep buying stuff while I am on a no buy.:nono:

Not being able to get just yet the matching Hana Air blow dryer to my new Hana Professional flat iron.(It is $184.00) It would have made such a cute set and I hear nothing but great things about that blow dryer.

Hit:

-Seeing all these delicious sales and saying....."NAHHHHHHH I'M GOOD!". :yay: I've been waiting to be this way for a while.

-Dwindling down my stash. I got rid of several "past due items".

MISS:

Using the last of the IPN Basil and Lemongrass Conditioning Creme. That stuff is AMAZING! It would be a Holy Grail if it was still available. I may try to make my own :look:

HITS
Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi oil Rinse Out conditioner. Yup. Me likes

Putting my nape hair in a single cornrow across the back of my neck to protect it. My hair there is much looser and softer. Has a natural shine. Responds well to all my oroducts and whatnot. But I think ive relied on its strength too much and caused a few split ends (im a scarf fanatic). Thats what I get for neglecting it

Hit:

-Seeing all these delicious sales and saying....."NAHHHHHHH I'M GOOD!". :yay: I've been waiting to be this way for a while.

-Dwindling down my stash. I got rid of several "past due items".

MISS:

Using the last of the IPN Basil and Lemongrass Conditioning Creme. That stuff is AMAZING! It would be a Holy Grail if it was still available. I may try to make my own :look:

'Cause thanks ain't enough! This is how I should look at it! :grin:

Hit: -Seeing all these delicious sales and saying....."NAHHHHHHH I'M GOOD!". :yay: I've been waiting to be this way for a while. -Dwindling down my stash. I got rid of several "past due items". MISS: Using the last of the IPN Basil and Lemongrass Conditioning Creme. That stuff is AMAZING! It would be a Holy Grail if it was still available. I may try to make my own :look:

I'm still on a search for a moisturizer (I'm surviving but this stuff doesn't really "work") so I had to catch one sale. Hopefully, one of these will work.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

cutenss
Thanks for the review. :grin: I just placed a order from Sally's and used coupon code 555421 for BOGO according to the email, you can only use the code once.. However, :happydance: it took off 3 items for free. I can't wait to try both products.

Continued hit:
Hairveda's Whipped Gelly - Leaves my hair smooth with no hardness
Naturelle Grow's Conditioning Cleansers and Dc's
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
MD Argan oil

Hit:
Resisting the urge to purchase more products. Trying to get my PJ under control

Continued hit: Darcy's Pumpkin Seed. This stuff is very thick, creamy, a little goes a long way, great slip, and I am loving it!! Great refreshing on wet or dry hair! Awesome styler and gives amazing moisture. Y'all I have been an Oyin's Girl since day one (almost 3 years), right. I look at my hair dew and pick up the pumpkin seed

Continued hit: Darcy's Pumpkin Seed. This stuff is very thick, creamy, a little goes a long way, great slip, and I am loving it!! Great refreshing on wet or dry hair! Awesome styler and gives amazing moisture. Y'all I have been an Oyin's Girl since day one (almost 3 years), right. I look at my hair dew and pick up the pumpkin seed

I can't wait to use this stuff again!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hit:
Just for Me! Leave In Detangler

Miss:
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Sulfate-free Shampoo
L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
Pantene Pro V Moisture Mist

Miss: My experience visiting Healthy Hair Dimensions Hair Care and Body shop here in Atlanta (well, Tucker, Ga., about 20-25 minutes away)

The whole experience was something else. They had a lot of good lines, but they were priced higher than the regular venders prices. The lady told me this was to make up for the shipping costs. So like, a 16 ounce Hair Dew which is normally $20.99 was like $25.99.

Add tax and the cost of gas to get there (I'd say burned one gallon going to and from), and it took me 45-50 minutes to get there and I'd be better off purchasing online with a sale, even if the sale absorbs the shipping.

I had a much better experience going to Darcy's shop and it was also 45 minutes away.

I really do try to support black owned businesses but this was too much. Man I miss Sage because her prices were fair. I miss being able to go in there to purchase.

Plus, I asked her what scents were the Soultanicals Loc, Roll, and Twist butters and she pointed to the back and said if it has mango butter in it it smells like mango. :look: Who knows what they are telling other people about products in their store.

See what acquiring knowledge does for you? :ohwell: It's a gift and a curse at the same time. Not going to fool me.

Last edited:
Miss: My experience visiting Healthy Hair Dimensions Hair Care and Body shop here in Atlanta (well, Tucker, Ga., about 20-25 minutes away)

The whole experience was something else. They had a lot of good lines, but they were priced higher than the regular venders prices. The lady told me this was to make up for the shipping costs. So like, a 16 ounce Hair Dew which is normally $20.99 was like $25.99.

Add tax and the cost of gas to get there (I'd say burned one gallon going to and from), and it took me 45-50 minutes to get there and I'd be better off purchasing online with a sale, even if the sale absorbs the shipping.

I had a much better experience going to Darcy's shop and it was also 45 minutes away.

I really do try to support black owned businesses but this was too much. Man I miss Sage because her prices were fair. I miss being able to go in there to purchase.

Plus, I asked her what scents were the Soultanicals Loc, Roll, and Twist butters and she pointed to the back and said if it has mango butter in it it smells like mango. :look: Who knows what they are telling other people about products in their store.

See what acquiring knowledge does for you? :ohwell: It's a gift and a curse at the same time. Not going to fool me.

Yeah I purchased some unrefined mango butter and it didn't smell anything like mango...just skin butter. -_-

Edit spelling

Last edited:
I believe so, i threw it out though...
Made my hair feel coated and gross

Really? Threw it out? There are ways to salvage a product. For a leave in spray that gives greasy coating, you could apply less, only use it on wash day and only on your roots or ends. You could water it down, or use it as a detangling pre-poo.

NaturallyATLPCH,

The older I get, the more I demand of people when it comes to customer service. The other day at Michaels craft store, the young woman at the register didn't greet meet, didn't ask if I found everything that I was looking for, didn't ask how I wanted to pay for my purchase, and didn't even look me in the eye.

I was patient the entire time, but when the transaction action was completed, I told her in a calm voice, "You didn't say anything to me. At the very least you need to greet your customer, and thank them for their purchase. ". She apologized profusely, but I think that it important to let people and companies know that consumers always have alternatives.

Pennefeather, you should like me. As I have gotten older the customer service is important to me also. I want to be treated with respect since I am making a choice to support a particular store or vendor. There are too many options and choices and I will go elsewhere. I always address these types of issues just as you did. My son who is 23 always gets embarrassed when I do this but he and I are at a different places in life and he does not understand where I am coming from. I have much more life and experience under my belt.

Hit: fenugreek mixed in my DC, I'm loving the slip and the strength I'm getting from it. I'm hoping for increased moisture over a period of time.

Miss: nexxus luxxtress leave-in, it doesn't provide enough moisture and I'm constantly having to spray it. I think it dries out my hair plus it contains dimethicone which I missed whilst quickly checking the ingredients list on a spontaneous purchase. That will teach me!

HIT
Stretching my hair with 2 buns, one on each side of my head. Allows me to put my ends away and keep the tangles to a minimum

Megastatic HIT:
Carols daughter anti frizz cupuacu smoothing system. I used the whole line from shampoo to blow dry cream to straighten my hair on Friday, and I am in love. I loved every single item

Shampoo: non stripping and very moisturizing for a poo. Most sulfate free shampoo are a fail for me, and leave my hair rough and unmanageable.

Conditioner: very smoothing. I did not attempt to detangle but I could have. And keep in mind I used a clarifying poo to start with.

The mask: I was pressed for time and only had 3 hours to do my hair. So I only left it on for 20 mns with my heat therapy wrap. The comb just glided through my hair. Rinse off was a breeze, and I could feel the smoothness without my hair feeling coated.

The blow dry cream: this is my favorite because I have yet to find a blow dry cream, spray or whatever to make my hair smooth and soft. This is the bomb I tell you. My blow out was soft, and my hair flat iron straight with one pass. I did use a serum before the flat iron, but I give all the credit to the smoothing line.

And as I saiid, I was in a rush. 3 hours from prepoo to styling my hair. Flat ironing took a little less than an hour.
I went out Friday and Saturday night, got caught in the snow shower, danced my behind off in the club and my hair puffed up just enough to give me more volume. But the ends are still smooth. I put in some flexi rods today for tonight outing.
I will be using the system again to roller set my hair in the future, and if it continues to work, staple status for sure.
If you gonna get just one thing please get the blow out cream.

Major Hit
Diluting Darcy's Transitioning Cream and spraying my new growth with it. I think this will be my go to spray from now on.

- 2 parts Cream/Moisturizer
- 1 part Water

Back