February 2014 Hits & Missess

Hit:
Inphenom Hair Treatment Mist- very impressed. I thought this would be too much, but my hair came out Mira que nice.

Continued Hit:
Chi Silk Infusion

Miss:
Bask Cacao Bark DC- I did not like the way it went on. After sitting under the heating cap for 1 hour and letting it cool for about 40 minutes my hair didn't feel soft at all. It just had good detangling during rinsing and rollersetting. My hair was just not soft after this. Not sure how it's supposed to feel, but I'm not using this again.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Continued hit: DC pumpkin seed conditioner. I paired it with Hairveda's almond glaze. Wow!! Great combination!!

Continued Hits: My Huetiful Nanosmooth treatment. I got snowed on, stupidly applied liquid concealer to my scalp to get a natural part (which got in my hair) then used a wet napkin AT MY ROOTS to get it off, and my leave out is still straight. Costed a pretty penny but it really makes my natural hair so much easier to detangle/wash/flatiron/whatever and I'm not experiencing breakage. I found my HG treatment.

LFW from classic lace wigs is holding up well too, I get tangling in the back, but when I go to detangle I get few shed hairs which is most important to me.

WGO, my hair feels really soft with it, and my bangs are growing in nicely.

Miss: Aunt Jackie's Curl Lala, it sucks and has no hold. Smells bad IMO too.

Aussie Moist, matted my hair, but works nicely on my wigs.

BOOO
Henna Sooq's Sukesh Ayurveda..
I've never had a problem rinsing powders out of my hair! I still have particles and ish falling out. My sink, counter tops, floor, shoulders, my denman COVERED..grrrrr
BUT. my hair feels amazing :perplexed:

More Major hits:
Roux Porosity Control- bought my hair back to life. My hair is retaining moisture/products better.

L.A.C.E. Naturals Brahmi DT- makes my hair super soft!!! I can part my hair without any tangles. This is the best DT I ever used!! :happydance::grin:

Best hit ever for me:

Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner - where have you been all my life!?
Therapy Wrap - i've been using it for three years now. Best non product investment
Nupur 9 Herbs Blend Henna - I've tried the pricey hennas from the online sites but this $2.50 per bag miracle is just as good or better!

Hit:
SD Mocha Silk Infusion - now a staple
Two braid braid out - simple with great results for my mostly fine hair

On the fence - SD Vanilla Silk. I am a bit disappointed after reading how moisturizing it is. It is ok.

More Major hits:
L.A.C.E. Naturals Brahmi DT- makes my hair super soft!!! I can part my hair without any tangles. This is the best DT I ever used!!
:happydance::grin:

MayaNatural

Good to Know!:yep:

On the fence - SD Vanilla Silk. I am a bit disappointed after reading how moisturizing it is. It is ok.

reeko43

I personally prefer Shea What Deux. It may cost a bit more that VS, but I thought it was far more Moisturizing.:yep:

weekly straightening of my hair. not only can I not go to the gym as often but I am seeing my hair texture change (and not for the better). It's just not working. As of Friday I am back to monthly protective styling

CONTINUED HITS:
Liquid Gold's Green Magic
PALTAS Hair Rx
HQS Cleansing Conditioner
Afroveda's Moringa & Ginseng Detangler
Afroveda's Burdock Root Hair Oil

@IronButterfly

What Brand of Goat Milk Conditioner are you using? (A Dominican?)

Afroveda use to have a really nice one, but discontinued it.:ohwell:

@IDareT'sHair
HeartJCreations
https://www.etsy.com/listing/78550597/goats-milk-conditioner-8-oz-custom-scent

Don't look for any sales any time any soon. She talkin' 'bout maybe offering a 10% per $100 for customer appreciation in the future. :look:

I'll stick to small batches cuz shipping is only $2.95 for one (until I can figure out to create my own. Not letting that nasty goat milk go to waste).

I sure hate I was AWOL with AV. Hate her slow shipping, but have really loved all the products I've tried thus far.

IronButterfly

I had her goat milk before. I didn't repurchased it but It was nice. I used mines as a cowash bc it didn't perform that well for me as a DC.

But what I am in love with is her lotion though. The buttercream smells amazingly delicious.

Continued Hit(s)

*Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo. This shampoo never lets me down. It's been about a month since I used shampoo in my hair, and it only took 1 wash to remove old products yet keep my hair moisturized. It smells yummy and it's concentrated so you only need a tiny amount. I want to try the clarifying shampoo from this line for when I do my protein treatments.

*Roller setting. We go together like Ebony & Ivory.

Hits:
It's a 10 Miracle Leave in
It's a 10 Miracle Conditioner
It's a 10 Miracle DC
It's a 10 Miracle Shampoo

I always wondered why people wanted to find one product line that worked for them and stick to it, and now I'm almost upset that I did find these products! I LOVE them. The leave-in is awesome and keeps my roller sets sooo moisturized. I still moisturize and seal with other products because I'm anal about my hair and want to retain all of it's length, but I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary. So of course I had to try the conditioner and the DC. They're amazing. Awesome slip, awesome moisture, pretty mediocre to bad ingredients but I don't care because they WORK! And then I bought the shampoo, and no one loves shampoo, right? Wrong! Clean, soft, moisturized hair that did not tangle or mat my natural hair at all.

I hate how expensive they are. The leave-in should last me a long time and I only bought the 4 oz bottle. The liter of the conditioner should last maybe 6 cowashes? I cowash once a week so that's not terrible. The DC's large bottle isn't very large. I have to go back and see when I first used it because I'm almost out. I'm heavy handed and probably don't need to use as much as I do but I like my hair to be all white and delicious when I apply conditioner. Probably going to order off of AveYou or drugstore.com because they have coupon codes so I can get discounts. The shampoo should last me forever.

And these products are everywhere. My grocery store, CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, and online. I'm so glad they don't have products for wash and go's because I'm determined to master that style this year and I want to try new products. I'm not even tempted to buy a different conditioner/leave in/ DC/ shampoo! :love:

Hits: It's a 10 Miracle Leave in It's a 10 Miracle Conditioner It's a 10 Miracle DC It's a 10 Miracle Shampoo I always wondered why people wanted to find one product line that worked for them and stick to it, and now I'm almost upset that I did find these products! I LOVE them. The leave-in is awesome and keeps my roller sets sooo moisturized. I still moisturize and seal with other products because I'm anal about my hair and want to retain all of it's length, but I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary. So of course I had to try the conditioner and the DC. They're amazing. Awesome slip, awesome moisture, pretty mediocre to bad ingredients but I don't care because they WORK! And then I bought the shampoo, and no one loves shampoo, right? Wrong! Clean, soft, moisturized hair that did not tangle or mat my natural hair at all. I hate how expensive they are. The leave-in should last me a long time and I only bought the 4 oz bottle. The liter of the conditioner should last maybe 6 cowashes? I cowash once a week so that's not terrible. The DC's large bottle isn't very large. I have to go back and see when I first used it because I'm almost out. I'm heavy handed and probably don't need to use as much as I do but I like my hair to be all white and delicious when I apply conditioner. Probably going to order off of AveYou or drugstore.com because they have coupon codes so I can get discounts. The shampoo should last me forever. And these products are everywhere. My grocery store, CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, and online. I'm so glad they don't have products for wash and go's because I'm determined to master that style this year and I want to try new products. I'm not even tempted to buy a different conditioner/leave in/ DC/ shampoo! :love:

I cosign on the it's a 10 leave in as a hit. I purchased it last week to use for a ponytail roller set and loved the results. I already have to purchase another one because I'm almost done with the one I just bought! smh lol but despite the price, I really like the results so it looks like it will be a staple. Another hit would be the hourglass rollers, my hair dried a little less than an hour. It usually takes me 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes to dry. I've actually had these rollers since last year but never used them since I air dried all the time.

Other hits include HV Stirinilla DC and Kreyol Essence Haitian black castor oil, both have been helping to keep my hair hydrated after I wash, I'm 4 months post so I need all the moisture I can get. Miss for me was Organix Macadamia conditioner. It had no slip and made my hair feel like straw.

flyygirlll2 What size leave-in did you purchase? I've used the 4 oz container 6 times in the past 3 weeks and I don't think I've used a quarter of it! I apply three pumps to 8 sections of my hair. I'm usually heavy handed with conditioners but I read not to use a lot and it's working so far.

flyygirlll2 What size leave-in did you purchase? I've used the 4 oz container 6 times in the past 3 weeks and I don't think I've used a quarter of it! I apply three pumps to 8 sections of my hair. I'm usually heavy handed with conditioners but I read not to use a lot and it's working so far.

Yes, that's the one I purchased. It's pretty small given the price, but the results have been too good for me not to repurchase lol. Maybe I'm just heavy handed idk because its almost done. Right now my hair is full of thick new growth since I'm 4 months post, my hair is pretty much soaking everything up lol, even my HV Stirinilla dc is almost done and I haven't had it for that long either smh. I received a 25% coupon from CVS so I will be using that to buy more of the its a 10 leave in. Where did you purchase the its a 10 dc and the rest of the line? Not saying I need anything more, but the pj in me want to know lol.

Hit:
One step prepoo/DC on wash day. From now on this is how i roll. No jumping in and out, back in and back out of the shower. Less manipulation of wet hair = less breakage. The great thing is my hair looks and feels well DC'd before i put in my leave in.
I will use a DC with cone before shampoo, and my natural DCs before cowash.
I started doing this because, it's been too cold for me to be taking 2 showers on wash days (wash nights for me). I think i may continue doing it even in the sumer if i keep getting great results.

Never mind, I'm actually In CVS since I just left work. I see the rest of its a 10 products. Idk why I didn't notice before, I think it's cause I'm tired since I work at night.

ETA- I actually bought the 2 oz not 4 oz smh.. I really need to switch my shift lol.

Last edited:
Continued Hit(s)

*Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo. This shampoo never lets me down. It's been about a month since I used shampoo in my hair, and it only took 1 wash to remove old products yet keep my hair moisturized. It smells yummy and it's concentrated so you only need a tiny amount. I want to try the clarifying shampoo from this line for when I do my protein treatments.

*Roller setting. We go together like Ebony & Ivory.

This and their Clarifying Shampoo are the staples of mine.

Miss:
Red by Kiss Ceramic Edge Straighter, I used it this morning for the first time to straighten my edges and roots after a roller set. Epic fail, back to the store it goes.

Miss:

Wen Sweet Almond....... My hair feels cleaner with V05 Clairfying Conditioner than this expensive mess.

Back