February 2005 Hits and Misses

Re: February Hits and Misses

To Nice,

The Keracare leave-in left my hair kind of hard and glassy feeling, as if I didn't just condition it. I also had a harder time detangling with it compared to NTM silk touch or even Surge used as a Leave-In conditioner. The results just weren't good enough to justify the price. I like Keracare Silken Seal a lot and I really want to try Humecto. How do you feel about the leave-in?

IvyMichael said:
To Nice,

The Keracare leave-in left my hair kind of hard and glassy feeling, as if I didn't just condition it. I also had a harder time detangling with it compared to NTM silk touch or even Surge used as a Leave-In conditioner. The results just weren't good enough to justify the price. I like Keracare Silken Seal a lot and I really want to try Humecto. How do you feel about the leave-in?

The Keracare Leave-in always leave my hair detangled and moisturized :ohwell: . I have been using it for years until this past month...I discovered Elucence MB conditioner.

HITS
L'oreal's unfrizz smoothing treatment (LUST)
L'oreal's taming creme
*both are a part of the Natures Therapy line

MISSES
Phytospecific shampoos and conditioners (no slip, hair felt like it was coated and once dry my hair felt kind of hard)

HITS
NEXXUS VITATRESS Biotin Creme
BED HEAD TIGI Dumb Blonde Reconstructor
LeKair Cholesterol Plus - Revisit
JILBERE Shower Comb----I love it!!!

FOREVER MISSES
----Anything MOTIONS
----Anything ISOPLUS

Last edited:

HIT
NTM everything
Jojoba oil
overnight conditioning

Miss
Loreal Nature therapy botanical oil treatment
Head n shoulders shampoo
joico moisturizing shampoo
protective styling

sylver2 said:
HIT
NTM everything
Jojoba oil
overnight conditioning

Miss
Loreal Nature therapy botanical oil treatment
Head n shoulders shampoo
joico moisturizing shampoo
protective styling

Sylver2 do you conditioner wash your hair everynight?

mrslee said:
Sylver2 do you conditioner wash your hair everynight?

I never conditioner wash my hair.
I deep condition by putting conditioner on hair after I wash w/ shampoo. Then I put foil cap on and bonnet and go to sleep. I wake up next morning rinse out and dry. I do this at least 3 times a month.

sylver2 said:
I never conditioner wash my hair.
I deep condition by putting conditioner on hair after I wash w/ shampoo. Then I put foil cap on and bonnet and go to sleep. I wake up next morning rinse out and dry. I do this at least 3 times a month.

Thanks! :)

Hits:
TIGI Bedhead Dumb Blonde Reconstuctor and Dumb Blonde Shampoo

Hits:
Optimum Care spray leave-in conditioner -- this is a very light leave-in conditioner with no build-up

Keracare Humecto - I use this in combination with ORS Hair Mayo for a deep conditioner

Misses:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner -- just sat on my hair and did nothing

Robin41 said:
Hits:
Optimum Care spray leave-in conditioner -- this is a very light leave-in conditioner with no build-up

Keracare Humecto - I use this in combination with ORS Hair Mayo for a deep conditioner

Misses:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner -- just sat on my hair and did nothing

:eek:
*Mo falls out of chair*
*help...*

Hits:
Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Hair Conditioner
Capilo Milk & Honey Hair Conditioner
Avocado Deep conditioner(got this on ebay-freshlymadecosmetics.biz is the maker)
Organic Hair Butter(got this on ebay- freshlymadecosmetics.biz is the maker)

No misses

the conditioners i got from sickbay.biz- i love the way they smell, make my hair feel and how my hair looked afterwards.

Avocado Deep conditioner and Organic hair butter are great- really condition/moisturize my hair, make it shiny and more manageable.

mrslee said:
CTFU!! Mona you are crazy!!!!

Although I gasped too as I read it!

I ran to the bathroom and held my NTM close...
I'm gonna pull a sylver2 tonight...

poo...then leave the NTM on all night and rinse out tomorrow morning.

I'm so sorry that it didn't work for you Robin41....

*Mo looks at MrsLee, Sylver....that means...she probably ain't gonna wanna keep it...*cough*:look:

Ya'll can get up off the floor now!!

Seriously, NTM did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't like it at all. I like a deep conditioner that really gets into the hair shaft and conditions from the inside and this stuff just sat there until I rinsed it out.

MonaLisa said:
*Mo looks at MrsLee, Sylver....that means...she probably ain't gonna wanna keep it...*cough*:look:

Nope. First taker can have it. PM me and it's yours.

Hits:
Kemi-Oyl
Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol
Fantasia IC HAir Polisher Serum (and Straightening Serum)
Cantu Shea Soft Break Cure Creme
CON Shampoo

Misses:
S-Curl
Dudley's PCA
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner
Motions Blow Dry Cream
Anything with really hard strong protein - my hair can not take it!

Robin41 said:
Ya'll can get up off the floor now!!

Seriously, NTM did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't like it at all. I like a deep conditioner that really gets into the hair shaft and conditions from the inside and this stuff just sat there until I rinsed it out.

I can't believe this!!!
NTM would never pull a performance like that. Did you argue with NTM before you put her on?, She made have had an attitude with u.

Seriously though, is it the daily deep conditioner that u used. Did you put it on and massage it through.? Did u comb it/ How long did u leave it on. This is the only conditioner that does to my hair what u said it didn't do for u. Gets into Hair shaft and conditions from inside.

sylver2 said:
I can't believe this!!! NTM would never pull a performance like that. Did you argue with NTM before you put her on?, She made have had an attitude with u.

LMBO! haaaaaaaa...:lachen:

sylver2 said:
I can't believe this!!!
NTM would never pull a performance like that. Did you argue with NTM before you put her on?, She made have had an attitude with u.

Seriously though, is it the daily deep conditioner that u used. Did you put it on and massage it through.? Did u comb it/ How long did u leave it on. This is the only conditioner that does to my hair what u said it didn't do for u. Gets into Hair shaft and conditions from inside.

It was the hair mask. And no, I didn't argue with her. I was so nice, I swear!

I used it like I use any other deep conditioner: I massaged a good amount through my hair and sat under a warm dryer with a plastic cap on for about a half-hour. I tried it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't working and it's just not for me. Now I'm looking for products that specifically say "penetrating" on the label.

Robin41 said:

I used it like I use any other deep conditioner: I massaged a good amount through my hair and sat under a warm dryer with a plastic cap on for about a half-hour. I tried it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't working and it's just not for me. Now I'm looking for products that specifically say "penetrating" on the label.

Okaay..now I'm waiting for Sylver to swoop down with her NTM cape on...and say.."Nooooooooooo, not the mask! Use the the Daily Deep Conditioner...not the mask!!!!!"

:look:

Robin41 said:

exactly what mona said,,,NOOOOOOO!! not the mask..lol
The mask is ok..its like any other basic conditioner to me, although it works well for others. It comes no where close to the wonders of the NTM Daily Deep Conditioner which is what I use.

Hits:
Sta Sof Fro gel lotion in the tube (moisturizes new growth)
Mane n Tail conditioner (left it in while rollersetting)
Mane n Tail detangling spray
Daily Defense Tender Apple conditioner (prevents tangles, might leave it in next time)

Misses:
none

sylver2 said:
exactly what mona said,,,NOOOOOOO!! not the mask..lol
The mask is ok..its like any other basic conditioner to me, although it works well for others. It comes no where close to the wonders of the NTM Daily Deep Conditioner which is what I use.

Cosigning. When I feel the need for a really deep condition (like after an emergencee treatement or something), I will use the mask I mix it with the Daily deep conditioner & a little coconut oil. Works wonders. Try it like that before you give up on it.

........tiptoeing out of thread....... before Mo & Sylver realize they may not get the NTM :p

I tried shea butter yet again

and again my hair had a fit and tangled on me.

I do not know why shea butter does not work for my natural hair. So its a complete miss.

Cowgirl said:
Cosigning. When I feel the need for a really deep condition (like after an emergencee treatement or something), I will use the mask I mix it with the Daily deep conditioner & a little coconut oil. Works wonders. Try it like that before you give up on it.

........tiptoeing out of thread....... before Mo & Sylver realize they may not get the NTM :p

LOL@ Cowgirl! I'm gonna mix up the last of my mask with my DDC and give my hair a treat....

and I just bought another tube and still have a scoop left over in the old tube...so I'm straight for right now...that stays in stock in the stash.

mrslee may do a swoop down though...:look:

HIT:
NTM Cream Lather Shampoo

Miss:
Nexxus Therappe.. it just doesn't work for me anymore *shrug*

Back