February 2005 Hits and Misses

Re: February Hits and Misses

Hits:
Beyond the Zone Tripped out Purifying Aloe Shampoo (great clarifying poo!)
PM Supercharged
PM Revitalizing Conditioner(REVISITED...the BEST for blowdrying with a round brush, keeps hair moisturized yet straight)
Conair CeramicPro 2000 watt hair dryer - this dryer is Niiiice. Super quiet and light. The warm setting doesn't even feel hot on your hands, but it dried my hair with only 3 or 4 passes over each section. And for my folks who do Dom Blowouts at home, this dryer is powerful, gets super HOT when you need it, and comes with an 8mm (aka perfect size) nozzle!
Phyto Phytodefrisant - Have 9 weeks newgrowth - found this sample hiding in my drawer. Be aware that this product does NOT detangle or give slip, but my roots straightened the SECOND I put this on - and the results lasted 3 days!

Misses:
IC Leave In conditioner (I have a big ole bottle of this, and I prefer creamy leave ins. Anybody wanna trade?)
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo(Used it twice. Noooo slip. Had to follow up with another poo. Somebody PLEASE take this one off my hands.)
Wrapping - At 9 weeks, who did I think I was kidding? My hair ran at the sight of the comb. It took a half hour to lay it down. Woke up and found buckwheat in the mirror. :(

LadyChe said:
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo(Used it twice. Noooo slip. Had to follow up with another poo. Somebody PLEASE take this one off my hands.)

Simplycee to the rescue! I sent you a pm!

LadyChe said:
Hits:

Wrapping - At 9 weeks, who did I think I was kidding? My hair ran at the sight of the comb. It took a half hour to lay it down. Woke up and found buckwheat in the mirror. :(

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I can relate.

I've been good :) , no new purchases so far.

Jury Still Out:
Vaseline - I have been bunning (probably a new LHCF word) for the last week or so with the length of my ponytail moisturized & then slathered in vaseline. However, I have been combing & redoing the bun each morning so it's neat for work. I think I'm losing to much hair. You ladies that "vaseline it up", do you comb everyday or do you just leave your bun for several days without combing?

Hit: Daily Defense Tender Apple. Felt like nothing as a CO wash but works fabulously as a leave in.

Hits:
Love, Love, Love Elasta qp DPR-11 :)
Dr. Miracle Stimulating moisturizing oil
Profectiv Shining conditioner spray

Miss:
Profectiv anitbreakage oil

Hits
Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm - very impressed I am
Good Hair Days Hairpins

No misses. I've been curbing the urge to splurge.:lol:

Cowgirl said:
I've been good :) , no new purchases so far.

Jury Still Out:
Vaseline - I have been bunning (probably a new LHCF word) for the last week or so with the length of my ponytail moisturized & then slathered in vaseline. However, I have been combing & redoing the bun each morning so it's neat for work. I think I'm losing to much hair. You ladies that "vaseline it up", do you comb everyday or do you just leave your bun for several days without combing?

When I use vaseline I do not comb! I'll pm you.

HITS:
*Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo---has SLS but is not overly stripping
*Got2b So Smooth Creme straightener and finishing? serum----I used these to straighten my hair for my wedding and it did such a wonderful job. The best part, all my curls came back even though I ended up using more heat than planned.
*GoldNHot ceramic flat iron--cost $20, got really hot but putting a towel in between it before putting it to hair helped a lot. Straightened very easily. This is perfect for someone like me who doesn't straighten often.
*Conair Ceramic hair dryer

MISSES:
None!!!! :D

Hits:
NTM Silk Touch Leave-In Conditioner
ORS olive oil moisturizing lotion
Mink Oil gel (greats for braidouts, keeps my hair wavy without drying it out)
Suave Milk and Honey (so wonderful, and so cheap!)

Undecided:
Porosity Control Shampoo and Conditioner--I didn't notice any difference in the porosity of my hair when I used this. I'll try it again after my next heavy duty protein treatment.

Misses:
Keracare Leave-In Conditioner

IvyMichael said:
Hits:
NTM Silk Touch Leave-In Conditioner
ORS olive oil moisturizing lotion
Mink Oil gel (greats for braidouts, keeps my hair wavy without drying it out)
Suave Milk and Honey (so wonderful, and so cheap!)

Undecided:
Porosity Control Shampoo and Conditioner--I didn't notice any difference in the porosity of my hair when I used this. I'll try it again after my next heavy duty protein treatment.

Misses:
Keracare Leave-In Conditioner

Why didn't you like the leave-in?

Hits: AB Organic's Olive & Clove Oil Therapy
Dove Beautifully Clean 2-n-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Capilo Silk Worm Conditioner :love: :love:
Lacio Lacio--Good product, but I still love my Salerm 21 more.

Miss: Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner

(Edited to add more products to "hit" list.!!! :D )

Last edited:

HIT:
Motions (Oil Moisturizer) Silk Protein Conditioner
Motions (Oil Moisturizer) Hair Lotion
Pure Shea Butter on the Scalp

My hair is always super dry and so far these are the only products that provide long lasting moisture.

MISS:
Toque Magico Emergencia (not enough slip for me)
Alter Ego Shine Serum (not worth the money)
Semi Di Lino Shine Spray (same as above)

Hits (mostly revisits):
Nexxus Humectress (as a leave-in)
Nexxus Therappe
Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm
S-Curl
Na-PCA w/aloe vera
Fantasia IC styling gel w/ sparkle lites
Lacio Lacio

Misses (revisits):
Redken Anti-Snap

Pending:
Capilong
Keraphix
Wild Growth Hair Oil
Profectiv Anti-Breakage Strengthening MegaMoisturizer (The smell is annoying as heck and I am tempted to return it. I might pass this on to my cousins. It feels weird.)
Fantasia IC Hair Strengther treatment

dreemssold said:
Hits: PhytoRelaxer Index 2

Dreems...u tryin to give me an attack, right?? :lol:

Mo is happy to see some Surge Woojee, Pantene Light Detangler and NTM up on the list...helping to keep my products in distribution...;)

Thank goodness I didn't have any misses this month. I 'rediscovered' LUST in my bathroom cabinet. It's really made a difference with my new growth - softer, more defined and shinier.

kedra70 said:
Thank goodness I didn't have any misses this month. I 'rediscovered' LUST in my bathroom cabinet. It's really made a difference with my new growth - softer, more defined and shinier.
It's on sale at Sally Beauty Supply this month. Check out my thread on it. Go stock up. :D

Hits:

PhytoRelaxer
PhytoSpecific Styling Balm
Bath and Body Works Jojoba & Avocado Oil
Bumble & Bumble Do It All Spray (Stylist used this on my hair, didn't actually buy it)

Misses:
None

HITS:
Ion heat protectant Spray

MISSES:

I haven't really bought anything except for that

UNSURES:
CON Conditioner
Ceramic Curling Iron

kombov_dymond said:
HITS:

:up: Pantene Light Spray Conditioner(Detangler). I WILL NEVER comb thru my hair again without using this first! It doesn't just give slip, it gives GLIDE!! I'm LOVING it!! I'm looking for a JUG of this so I won't run out!!

I forgot about this! This stuff is great, especially when you are several weeks post-relaxer.

Hits: Surge (most defs-after 2 weeks of relaxer)
Suave Milk Conditioner (cheap and hit the spot)
Extra Virgin Oil (supermarket)
Infussium (great for strenght)
Phonie Ponies, braids,
African Pride deep condition
**waiting more than 2 months to relax the hair****

Miss: Blow drying....(my hair came out in chunks, like it was mad at me)
towel drying..(hair breaks
Surging right after relaxer (dries your hair)

Back