Fear of Being Alone

neenzmj

Fear can be paralyzing, and the fear of being alone sometimes keeps us in relationships and situations that we KNOW aren't good for us.'

Friday night used to be the worst for me. It felt like the loneliest day of the week because it seemed like EVERYBODY had someone or something to do but me. I hated that feeling and I dealt with a lot of creepsters in order to avoid that loneliness.

Anyone else struggling with that fear?

I realized that I was suffering from this as well which was causing me to continue to keep some very stressful people in my life. Not intimate relationships, but friendships. There were several men that I kept around, knowing they were interested where as I was not. The bad part was that they were not even compatible for friendship. My fear of having no one to do anything with was what kept me answering the phones and accepting invites.

I finally realized my mistakes, swept the caustic people away, and within a matter of weeks I began to attract people that I matched with! I have been out so much in the past few weeks, I have run myself into the ground, went and caught a cold! But every weekend my phone has been ringing, compared to the last few years when I though I might be turning into a recluse.

I have met some really great guys too, and I know that Mr. Right, :grin:, will be showing up any time now too!

I know someone who is going through that... Fear of being alone. I think it's in the combination of relationships and friendships department. I "understand" it and I would hope that it's something that anyone overcame because from the looks of it, it looks hard, lonely and sad. Little do people know it's a REAL struggle that people face.

Back