Fall/Winter's approaching, so what are you gonna do to protect your hair?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I think I will start using products and putting my hair in certain styles based on the seasons. I am going to minimalize my use of puffs, braidouts and twistouts for the cold months and keep my hair up in my upside down buns. I am also going to opt for applying heavier cremes and grease to my hairstrands to give them extra protection.

Keep it up up up in my regular old protective stylin.:lol: I am getting it blowdried for Christmas and I cant wait bc that will be the first blowdried or heat anything in like 6 months. Then I will trim if need be and start another keep hair protected or hidden or whatever till next summer. Its easier for me to maintain my blowdried hair in the winter(NO HUMIDITY:D )No curls sneakin up on me. I love ur hair by the way!!!

quick questionf for you do u do of wash and goes. And when u do do have to wash your hair that same day bc of TANGLES:eek: . Sometimes I want to let my hair down but am afraid of getting home and untangling the mess.

For the Fall, I plan to get some boxbraids and cornrows, and wear a wig. I will be wearing protective styles all winter.

BTW Bublnbrnsugar, your hair is lovely. I was all up in your fotki lurking. I see that you like Carol's daughter products. I may have to try it soon.

airdried buns! thats about it man, slicked back to the side, the top the lower neck...i will have the hair nearest my ears out by the sides of my face to give it a classy look...also hair sticks :)

I plan on keeping my Hair in Cornrows and using a Heavy Cream Moisturizer for the winter, I will shampoo & deep condition weekly and braid my hair weekly or every 2 weeks and just keep it hidden until my one year anniversary or Spring Break!

BrownSkin2 said:
For the Fall, I plan to get some boxbraids and cornrows, and wear a wig. I will be wearing protective styles all winter.

BTW Bublnbrnsugar, your hair is lovely. I was all up in your fotki lurking. I see that you like Carol's daughter products. I may have to try it soon.

Well dear, I don't use Carols Daughter anymore. I mainly use blended-beauty products. Check them out!

I will be rocking my FAV protective style, the high bun! I will keep my scalp MTG'ed, and the length and ends saturated with a heavy cream moisturizer. Wash and deep-condition once a week, touch-up every 8 weeks, and Aphogee every 9 weeks!

Yup.... it's aaaaall about the BUNS this Fall/Winter. CHIA!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

I was thinking the samething, I have NEVER worn a BUN but I am going to try it this winter , I love the look of chignons too.

Last edited:
My hairs not long enough to bun it yet, and I suspect I'll get sick of the twists, and I think I look funny with cornrows - but I might get cornrows and rock a wig - that would be fun (and warm). Or, I might get some braids put in..... obviously, I have no clue what I'mma do with my hair!

nappywomyn said:
My hairs not long enough to bun it yet, and I suspect I'll get sick of the twists, and I think I look funny with cornrows - but I might get cornrows and rock a wig - that would be fun (and warm). Or, I might get some braids put in..... obviously, I have no clue what I'mma do with my hair!

Cornrows with a wig will be fun! :)

I have re-discovered my love for Profectiv Mega Moisturizer - the thick, pink liquid, esp since I have 5 bottles left:lol: It's be great for slicking my hair back for my phony or french twist. When it's too cold to be bothered I'll grab my wig - it never has a bad hair day:grin:

I would love to do buns this season, but I just have to find a way to keep my ends constantly moisturized while wearing the sock bun w/ hairtie or "opened bobby pins" without them looking all frizzy and scraggly when I take it down. I don't want my ends to get too stressed out either.

Now see, bubblin's hair is distracting me! I came in here once to post, but wondered off to her fotki and myspace and forgot why I was here!

Anyway, I will be bunning all over the place. I'll wear it out if it's humid out , mainly for church. If I get un-lazy, I may braid it. I also plan ot get one fo those fancy phony ponies.

I'll be wearing my hair in a bun throughout the winter. Yup, it gets boring sometimes but it really protects my hair. :)

My protective style will be and is Treebraids. I got them done on Saturday. I hope to keep braids (tree braids and or regular individuals) in until late Feb or March.

I hope that will work, or at least help my hair while I make working out a priority.

My goodness but ponytails and buns are BORING. You women that can do that day in and day out amaze me. I don't have the patience for it, plus ponytails give me headaches. I haven't a clue what I'll be doing with my hair.

Various phony ponies with the baggie method works for me. Actually, that's what I do with it year-'round. I have a serious case of Hermit Crab hair: out of one ponytail and into the next!!! :Blush2: :lachen:

Buns/phony pony's/ french rolls and in 2 weeks I'll be getting braids so I'll keep those in till around Thanksgiving.

I made my appointment two months in advance to get my braids done in October. My theme for the Fall/Winter is to Protect and Moisturize with Minimum Maintenance. The braids come first, then I'll be rocking cornrows done in the Sade Adu style, perhaps with a wig somedays to keep my head warm.

I'm gonna up my moisturizing to twice a day. And I'm giving the ouchless elastics a rest, instead I've started creating updo's and buns with hairpins (not the most attractive thing, but it does the trick!)

I'm also gonna strat deep conditioning twice a week instead of once.

Keep in my twist until november, moisturize my situation with my water and glycerine spritz, DC weekly with my condish mixup. In november, do a DEEP DEEP condish after taking out the twists, then HENNA and indigo, and *thinking* about getting some more individuals done or another set of twists. MCH (moisture, conditioner, henna) until next may.

Back