Expensive Hair products.

NitaChantell

I swore I would never pay over 10$ for a product, my V05 & Aphogee are just fine.But, for some reason I decided to purchase Nexxus Humectress yesterday...WOW:grin: My hair was soooooo soft. I Deep Conditioned for about 45 minutes without heat. My hair was the softest it's ever been after conditioning! I used about a dime sized amount to baggy with over night, and I woke up with super sof hair. Looooooooooove it:yep:

Lesson learned.It's not about the price of the product or the brand name, but what works for YOU. Don't be afraid to splurge on the salon products, some of them are worth every penny!!!

Has anyone else had similar experiences?? Please share, you may help someone out:yep:

Yes, I have found that Phytospecific relaxers, WEN hair care and Qhemet moisturizers work best for me. None of them are inexpensive, but they are SO worth it.

I feel the same way about my Aveda products. Especially the damage remedy shampoo.

OT: OP I love your hair color and cut!! It's is really cute on you!!!

Some products are just WORTH it.
I would never put V05 on my hair......But Alterna, Qhemet, FHI, and the like, would hit my head :yep:

Some products are just WORTH it.
I would never put V05 on my hair......But Alterna, Qhemet, FHI, and the like, would hit my head :yep:

Now I don't really flinch at product prices; once I've done my research on an item and the reviews are all good I'll simply buy it if I'm feeling that way inclined. However I saw the prices of the Alterna range and I nearly fainted! I would hope their stuff is good at that price! :eek:

my mom owns a salon and shes constantly pushing "expensive" products at me. not to buy of course lol but to try. and what she doesnt use up/and her samples goes to me. im truly amazed that i have managed not to become a pj in all this time. but if i happen to find a rare gem that works for me and it happens to be $40 or whatever i have no problem paying that.

I would like to try KeraCare, Elucence, Mizani, and Kenra, but I need to stop cheating :takecover: on my Verifen Complex product line. Just using one expensive product line is enough for me, and Verifen Complex is no joke. :nono:

I Have an Affinity for Expensive Products.:blush: Perhaps I am a Product "Snob" So to speak, but I Do So Enjoy Expensive Products.:look:

just bought keracare deep conditioner and a hair dress creme. My hair no longer responds to sunsilk leave in and I loved it so... I know use Keracare and Redkens. My only cheapy is VO5 oil treatments

Uhhh, this is why I'm trying to steer clear of the expensive stuff. I keep telling myself that my hair is fine without it, but I'm really afraid I might like it too much.

I have too many other things to spend money on. I like clothing and bags and shoes. I don't want to add hair to that list.

I'm trying here, I'm trying.

I would like to try KeraCare, Elucence, Mizani, and Kenra, but I need to stop cheating :takecover: on my Verifen Complex product line. Just using one expensive product line is enough for me, and Verifen Complex is no joke. :nono:

Me too. I love the Moisture Emphasize Conditioner. Do you use the Conditioning spray. I'm natural and it seemed to make my hair hard.

India:bdance:

When you see the results, and know that a product is working for you, you don't mind paying a little extra for it!:yep:

Before trying Phyto relaxer...I would have never spent $60 on a box relaxer. But I've tried so many and Phyto works best for my hair...so spending that $60 is worth it imo.

Also when I was going to the salon I would spend $60 plus and I was not quite satisfied with the results.

I have to admit I have always since I started really doing my own hair in my 20s assumed that drugstore hair products are not made for ethnic hair, and the products that are in the drugstore are not the best quality. I've used Nexxus, Brocato, Mizani brands for my shampoo and conditioner over the years and they all worked great. They also reduce the amount of different products required for your hair. Sometimes when I see how many different products some ladies use on their hair I wonder if they could spend the amount on fewer, better quality products and get the same if not better result.

Yes I am a product junkie snob, there I said it I confess. I feel better now. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for & in many cases the expensive hair products are expensive for a reason.

Prices does not matter for me. I don't go to the salon anymore since I became natural so the money that I usually would use going to the salon I use on hair products.

I only buy products with the best/natural ingredients and those ingredients can be expensive at times.

Back