Ex-Husbands are a trip

ThickHair

I have been divorced from my husband for 5 years, as of this coming December. We were together for 12 years, married 7 of those years. We no longer have issues and since we did not have children, we didn't have to speak so a strange relationship evolved about 2 years ago. There was NO sexual contact since 6 months BEFORE we seperated. Nah ladies he is not trying to get back with me, I told him when our dysfunctional nonmarried relationship began that I was not having any of that. We only speak a few times a year anyway.

Homeboy just called me and told me he has a 3 month old and he knows that he messed up. He had 2.5 more years left on child support from his youngest and now he has a new born. I chuckled and then ask, what did he want me to do about it. I ask, why didn't he use a condom and he never responded. I just ask was he going to do anything crazy and he said no, he just needed someone outside of his family to vent too. I told him to talk to the lady and he said, the whole situation is messed up.

What should I tell him or should I just listen to him vent? My snarky comments are done, but I really don't know what to say. I was just thinking what would I tell my brother and I came up blank because my ex is 40 and he should have known better. I suspect that he has other children out there. I was responsible for contraception in our relationship because at times he was very lax and I knew I did not want to get knocked up.

Am I wrong for laughing at him? You are exactly right, he is WAY too old for that mess. Let him be and send him to someone else to vent. Especially since he was trying to get back with you all the while raw dawgin someone else...bleh.

Sex causes babies and babies cost money. I don't see what else there is to say to him.

Sex causes babies and babies cost money. I don't see what else there is to say to him.

Exactly. I dont get why it's so hard for people to understand that (not directed at you OP).

Anyway yes he should have known better. At 40 yrs old you dont know that unprotected sex can cause babies? Please. Like you said OP tell him to speak to the BM.

What a dummy! He is too old and too grown for this kind of foolishness. I know it's mean but I think I would listen to him a few times just to :giggle: at him.

What are you supposed to say? Here's what comes to mind:

-get a part time job
-arse,cash or gas- nobody rides for free (pun intended)
-one moment of pleasure will cost you a lifetime of $$$
-vasectomy?

Let me stop playing, I don't know what you should tell him. Maybe all kids are a gift from God?? *shrugs*

You were nice to listen and take his calls gave him advice and now he need to move on. When will they learn, heck men can make babies in their 70's. Tell him to strap up or go get a vasectomy.

I would let him vent for a little while then in the middle of his "woe is me" monologue, I would cut him off, act like I have a call coming in on the other line, told him he should have used a condom, and hang up before he can protest.

He need to be venting to GOD with all of that mess because as long as you continue to be there for him emotionally, he will continue to call.

Especially since he was trying to get back with you all the while raw dawgin someone else...bleh.
No he was not trying to get back with me. That is how I can be indifferent to him. He could make someone a good husband it just wasn't me.

What a dummy! He is too old and too grown for this kind of foolishness. I know it's mean but I think I would listen to him a few times just to :giggle: at him.
I did giggle on the inside and after I hung up from him. I truly wanted to make sure that he wasn't going off the deep end and when I found out that he wasn't then the giggle fest was on.

Maybe Santa can give him a vasectomy for Christmas?

I'm surprised how many single guys still leave the responsibility for birth control up to the woman.

What are you supposed to say? Here's what comes to mind:

-get a part time job
-arse,cash or gas- nobody rides for free (pun intended)
-one moment of pleasure will cost you a lifetime of $$$
-vasectomy?

Let me stop playing, I don't know what you should tell him. Maybe all kids are a gift from God?? *shrugs*

iCan't with you right now! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Especially the bolded!

Back