Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Is it the Samsung Beauty Filter?

Hmm. I don't know. Here is a screen shot. I click on the factory-installed regular ol' camera app that the phone came with, and it has some kind of beautifier.

At the top of my camera screen, there's an icon for it that looks just like that icon of a woman's face that you can see in the lower left corner of the photo I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180408-083657_crop_531x605.jpg
    Screenshot_20180408-083657_crop_531x605.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 113
@YvetteWithJoy and @silverlotus your twist outs are sooo beautiful!

For how long can you make your twist out last?

I gently retwist at night (3 twists on each half of the head). Sometimes I then band. Then I cover my head with a loc sock -looking thingy from Walmart. If frizzy, I apply a little moisture before retwisting at night.

I've done this for 5 days straight easily and I'm sure could easily get more days out of it.

Hmm. I don't know. Here is a screen shot. I click on the factory-installed regular ol' camera app that the phone came with, and it has some kind of beautifier.

At the top of my camera screen, there's an icon for it that looks just like that icon of a woman's face that you can see in the lower left corner of the photo I attached.

The camera app on the Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy Note lines has a "Beauty Face" mode. It activates by default if you use the front-facing camera. In effect, it airbrushes your face and gives you options to make your face look slimmer and your eyes look bigger...The feature is activated by default. It takes a little fiddling to turn off: You have to hit the "Mode" button from the camera screen, then "smart mode," and then "beauty face."

http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/samsung-phones-default-beauty-mode-camera-airbrush-2016-6

I love it!
It's not an app. It's Samsung's default camera setting.

The camera app on the Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy Note lines has a "Beauty Face" mode. It activates by default if you use the front-facing camera. In effect, it airbrushes your face and gives you options to make your face look slimmer and your eyes look bigger...The feature is activated by default. It takes a little fiddling to turn off: You have to hit the "Mode" button from the camera screen, then "smart mode," and then "beauty face."

http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/samsung-phones-default-beauty-mode-camera-airbrush-2016-6

I love it!
It's not an app. It's Samsung's default camera setting.

Ahhhhhh!

Thanks.

You are welcome. I remember seeing you had written you weren't sure how to activate or de-activate it. If you ever de-activate it by accident, now you know how to put it back on again.

Lol. Many thanks. :smile:

Yes, so . . . on the one hand it's good: Seeing my skin so polished has me so inspired to improve my skin. And I've been on it! My husband has told me TWICE to my face, pleasantly surprised, "Wow! You look young!"

On the other hand, I'm starting to get used to it. *sniffle* I never used anything like it before I got this phone, but now I kind of expect my under eye area to look good.

ETA: I just turned it off and on. Thanks! :smile:

I gently retwist at night (3 twists on each half of the head). Sometimes I then band. Then I cover my head with a loc sock -looking thingy from Walmart. If frizzy, I apply a little moisture before retwisting at night.

I've done this for 5 days straight easily and I'm sure could easily get more days out of it.

Thank you Yvette! For some reason my twist outs always lasted less than 6 hours despite all the gel. I should locate and try the bronner bros one.

Thank you Yvette! For some reason my twist outs always lasted less than 6 hours despite all the gel. I should locate and try the bronner bros one.

Someone here tried it based on my recommendation, and it wasn't great on her hair. But I feel that for $6.99 or whatever, it's worth a try. It definitely has different ingredients than most gels I see, so it's worth trying to see if it gives the different results sought, IMO. This morning I tugged and tugged and tugged on my hair to reshape it. No loss of definition. No new frizz. Amazing.

Someone here says that the Trepadora Papaya Slip has a serious strong hold after being very slippery on the hair. I want it!!! It's in your neck of the woods, though, and shipping to the US is around $15. :nono: :cry4:

Someone here tried it based on my recommendation, and it wasn't great on her hair. But I feel that for $6.99 or whatever, it's worth a try. It definitely has different ingredients than most gels I see, so it's worth trying to see if it gives the different results sought, IMO. This morning I tugged and tugged and tugged on my hair to reshape it. No loss of definition. No new frizz. Amazing.

Someone here says that the Trepadora Papaya Slip has a serious strong hold after being very slippery on the hair. I want it!!! It's in your neck of the woods, though, and shipping to the US is around $15. :nono: :cry4:
I agree with you, with the cheap price point, it's definitely worth a trial. I hope it comes to Europe soon.
This is the first time I have heard of Trepadora. I will search for review on this product.
BTW did you manage to get your dryer?

I agree with you, with the cheap price point, it's definitely worth a trial. I hope it comes to Europe soon.
This is the first time I have heard of Trepadora. I will search for review on this product.
BTW did you manage to get your dryer?

I have waffled back and forth on that thing. I am DEFINITELY going to get it. I found a lady who owns one, and she answered all of my questions. I'm afraid that the very few that are available in the US will get snapped up. I plan to get it with my next paycheck: I have vowed not to go into savings or to spend credit on these types of things this year.

One of the reasons I waited: I mainly wanted it to dry my wash and go's and I'm hardly wng-ing anymore, in pursuit of growth goals. (Minimizing SSKs and tangles and what not.) I'm able to dry my twist outs under my little HairFlair attachment to my hand held dryer.

I have waffled back and forth on that thing. I am DEFINITELY going to get it. I found a lady who owns one, and she answered all of my questions. I'm afraid that the very few that are available in the US will get snapped up. I plan to get it with my next paycheck: I have vowed not to go into savings or to spend credit on these types of things this year.

One of the reasons I waited: I mainly wanted it to dry my wash and go's and I'm hardly wng-ing anymore, in pursuit of growth goals. (Minimizing SSKs and tangles and what not.) I'm able to dry my twist outs under my little HairFlair attachment to my hand held dryer.
I'm glad that you found some in the US. It seemed like a very convenient appliance, much more convenient than a diffuser.

How I pinned it after done moisturizing ...greasy neck lol.

This is not a style. Afer an hour the moisture soaks completely in.

Will stay soft and hydrated all week (7 days straight).

Attachments

• 20180408_161121.jpg
    20180408_161121.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180408_161051.jpg
    20180408_161051.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180408_161435.jpg
    20180408_161435.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
It looks longer than a fro. You are starting to get some significant length. The thickness and the curls combine to create some gorgeous hair.

Thank you! That’s very encouraging. :cloud9:

Thanks! This is my first time doing a successful one, so not sure. Nothing ever lasts more than 3-4 days on my hair, though. I’m planning to wash it out on day 4.

Twist out
12 twists
Bronner Brothers Firm Hold Curling Gel over nothing

Feels amazing. A little undefined at the roots. A little snow on take down, but none since.

View attachment 428189 View attachment 428191
Attempt at a twist out. I like that from the front, it looks like the beginnings of a fro instead of the shrunken twa I usually have.

View attachment 428203 View attachment 428205
:2inlove: ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! :infatuated:

Hey, so I rinsed the twistout out the morning of day 3. It was feeling dry & attempts at moisturizing created frizz. So this is a 2-3 day style for me. Hopefully when my hair gets longer & I figure out how to keep it moist, it’ll last longer. The only style that doesn’t make my hair dry-feeling is a wash & go.

Hey, so I rinsed the twistout out the morning of day 3. It was feeling dry & attempts at moisturizing created frizz. So this is a 2-3 day style for me. Hopefully when my hair gets longer & I figure out how to keep it moist, it’ll last longer. The only style that doesn’t make my hair dry-feeling is a wash & go.

Cool! When mine gets to that point, I ponytail or bun to hide the frizz and get another 2 days or so of low manipulation.

Back