End of Summer '08 Waist Length Challenge!!

Ok ok ok, Im now BSL with 3 months of unstretched new growth, I definitely want in! I'm so excited! Please add me to the list!

Oh and I relaxed today guys I just couldn't wait until this weekend. I will post my results in a little bit so you guys can tell me if my ends look okay.

Here are the results of a fresh relaxer. What do you all think of my ends? Should I trim dust or leave them alone? They aren't split or damaged they just look...skinny. My hair looks all flat because of the touchup. And it looks kinda dull but it IRL it isn't. Maybe I need to upgrade my camera now:ohwell:
newnew001-vi.jpg

with flash(ugh)

newnew002-vi.jpg

without flash. The dull lookin one:ohwell:.

Last edited:
Here are the results of a fresh relaxer. What do you all think of my ends? Should I trim dust or leave them alone? They aren't split or damaged they just look...skinny. My hair looks all flat because of the touchup. And it looks kinda dull but it IRL it isn't. Maybe I need to upgrade my camera now:ohwell:
newnew001-vi.jpg

with flash(ugh)

newnew002-vi.jpg

your ends look good to me:yep:

newnew001-vi.jpg

with flash(ugh)

newnew002-vi.jpg

Wow, finally you posted pics :lol:. I def see the growth from your Oct pics. Your ends look fine to me, especially if there's no breakage or split ends. I'd leave them alone until your next relaxer. If you wanna dust, I'd say no more than 1/4in.

Do you have layers?

newnew001-vi.jpg

with flash(ugh)

newnew002-vi.jpg

I truly don't even see a need for you to dust, unless the picture is hiding ends that can only be seen off camera:perplexed Your post relaxer hair looks good girl! Love the perfectionist approach though, I am the same way but it causes me to be a little too scissor happy. I say leave that beautiful hair alone for now:yep:

I truly don't even see a need for you to dust, unless the picture is hiding ends that can only be seen off camera:perplexed Your post relaxer hair looks good girl! Love the perfectionist approach though, I am the same way but it causes me to be a little too scissor happy. I say leave that beautiful hair alone for now:yep:

I am scissor happy. I've been a good girl though. Thanks. I might do a slight dusting iunno.

Wow, finally you posted pics :lol:. I def see the growth from your Oct pics. Your ends look fine to me, especially if there's no breakage or split ends. I'd leave them alone until your next relaxer. If you wanna dust, I'd say no more than 1/4in.

Do you have layers?

Goodness thats not alot at all. You just don't want me to touch the scissors do you?:lachen:

newnew001-vi.jpg

with flash(ugh)

newnew002-vi.jpg

I can't see any of your pics. I guess I'll try again later.

Well thanks girls! You know I will cut in a mintue. I have to say this is the longest I've been....well three months is the longest I've been without a trim:rolleyes:. I think I'm almost cured!

Ok, so I relaxed yesterday & my ends are thin/uneven :ohwell:. I'm not sweating it too much cuz it seems like that's my growth pattern. It looked the same way 6 months ago, except my hair is 2 inches longer now.

My new tentative plan is to not trim until Sept when the challenge ends. It makes no sense to trim if my ends are gonna be looking the same way after a couple months anyway.

Ok, so I relaxed yesterday & my ends are thin/uneven :ohwell:. I'm not sweating it too much cuz it seems like that's my growth pattern. It looked the same way 6 months ago, except my hair is 2 inches longer now.

My new tentative plan is to not trim until Sept when the challenge ends. It makes no sense to trim if my ends are gonna be looking the same way after a couple months anyway.

This happen to me after my realxer too, but a lot more than 2 inches were thin. I just decided to take it off, but I won't do another big trim anytime soon. I probably won't make my waist length goal now, but I'm not dropping out of this challenge:grin:! hopefully I'll get close. Your hair is Beautiful!!

Is everyone trimming for the looks of the hair or for health? Like will not trimming damage or jeopardize the overall health of the hair? Cause if not, I'm not gonna trim my ends.....I just relaxed and my ends are looking a little sketchy:ohwell: but I wont trim if it doesn't matter. What's up girls?

I trimmed this time too for both health and look. I saw a few split ends, not a lot but I hadn't trimmed in a while so I just went ahead and did it. I was glad I did because I liked the even look after. Trimming always seems to make your hair look fuller too. I guess you just have to decide what's best for your hair at any given time.

Last edited:
Is everyone trimming for the looks of the hair or for health? Like will not trimming damage or jeopardize the overall health of the hair? Cause if not, I'm not gonna trim my ends.....I just relaxed and my ends are looking a little sketchy:ohwell: but I wont trim if it doesn't matter. What's up girls?

I agree with Honey, I did it for both. The look was killing me!! I could hide it well, but I knew what it looked like straight down. As far as health, my hair was not split, but the longer hair was taken a beaten. It was like I was combimg and the few long pieces were tangling on each other causing knots, so I figured it was only time for them to start breaking or splitting. I have NO REGRETS cutting my hair, like HoneyA said you have to do whats right for you!! I DON'T think you will mess up your hair if you wait it out, there are alot of women on this board that are living proof!!

I think there's a dif between bad ends from damage & bad ends from your growth rate. If your ends are split & damaged, then I would say trim. I don't think not trimming hurts if your hair is healthy but uneven.

Chicoro talks about this alot. The ends grow out first & then the rest of the hair catches up. In that case, trimming for looks would be counterproductive, since you'd be cutting all your progress off. You should check out her fotki. :)

I agree with Honey, I did it for both. The look was killing me!! I could hide it well, but I knew what it looked like straight down. As far as health, my hair was not split, but the longer hair was taken a beaten. It was like I was combimg and the few long pieces were tangling on each other causing knots, so I figured it was only time for them to start breaking or splitting. I have NO REGRETS cutting my hair, like HoneyA said you have to do whats right for you!! I DON'T think you will mess up your hair if you wait it out, there are alot of women on this board that are living proof!!

Thanks girls! Gonna wait a little and then search and destroy (dusting) and if the ends are still looking sketchy I'm cutting!..... a little:rolleyes:

I think there's a dif between bad ends from damage & bad ends from your growth rate. If your ends are split & damaged, then I would say trim. I don't think not trimming hurts if your hair is healthy but uneven.

Chicoro talks about this alot. The ends grow out first & then the rest of the hair catches up. In that case, trimming for looks would be counterproductive, since you'd be cutting all your progress off. You should check out her fotki. :)

Thanks Silverlotus! I've been in bootcamp for a year and I don't use direct heat on my ends so I'm pretty confident that there's no damage, just a little raggedy from growth but I'm off to Chicoro's fotki:cowgirl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. My ends are a bit thin too. But there are no splits and damage. I won't be cutting until I reach my goal either. I don't think you have to cut unless it's damaged. Once in a while I do the S&D method to rid of the occasional split end. I did a rollerset this week and wore my hair straight and it looked good and together unlike the other pictures I put up after my relaxer:look:. But my ends aren't perfect. My over all hair seems a little thinner also. Maybe from all the postpartum and seasonal shedding. Its slowed down tremendously though. I never understood why hair gets thicker in the summer and thinner in the winter. It seems like It should be reverse. I believe the hair growth phase thing Chicoro was talking about. It makes alot of sense that hair doesn't grow at the same time. So hold in there girls we can still make it. My ends aren't sooo bad that I can't wear it straight right now so I'm not to concerned about how it looks.But when that time does come it may be buns, curly rollersets, and pony tails for me :grin:.

Back