End of Summer '08 Waist Length Challenge!!

I plan to be MBL by June 08, but as for the end of summer I'd have to get 1"+ a month to make it by the end of summer, so I don't think I can do this one, but good luck to the ladies on the challenge though! HHG!!:)

I've reached this goal already but I'm REALLY excited to see all the ladies at waist length at the end of the summer! I will be watching this thread and I wish you all HHG! :yep:

Please be safe on your travels to Iraq...

I am at 13 weeks and I cant take it anymore!! I was going for a 20 week stretch but I just dont have the will power to deal with it. Plus I am starting to realize that stretching past a certain point causes me to have too much shedding and breakage. I think I am gonna break down and relax this weekend and do a trim. Hopefully this wont set me back too far.

I can only go to 12 weeks.

Hey ladies,
Just checking in. I'm at 18 weeks post and still hanging in there. I'm trying to pack up all my moisturizing products to take with me to Iraq, so my hair won't dry out and break off. I lost progress there before, so this time I'm prepared. I can't wait until the end of summer when we are all waist length!! HHG!!

yes be safe!
c u and that great hair when u come back :grin:

gosh im so anxious 4 this hair lol!!!!!!
but having a goal is reallllyyyy helping
i am treating my hair soooo well lol!!
i didn't know we post updates in april!
can't wait!

Last edited:
Ok...I've been eyeing this thread since you started it and finally worked up the nerve to join.

So....add me to the list!! And happy hair growing to everyone! :drunk:

I think I might have seen a challenge like this but I'm not sure.The search future thingy isn't working for me.But anyways I'm on a mission to grow my hair to waist length by the end of summer and I really don't want to go at it alone:nono:. I was wondering if there are some chicas who would like to join me. There are no rules ,this is really your own challenge for yourself....just with me:grin:.At the end of summer I would like to see proof that you made it. Meaning I want to see pictures yall.Thats the only requirement. Who is with me?:circle:

***PS:Ladies you can do it. It's scary for me too as long as we got each others back. And please If one of you guys end up getting into a situation where you feel like to you have to do something like pull out the scissors, stop where you are and come consult us first. I think it could really help prevent set backs and keep everyone on track.***

Here is the list of te girls who will be rockin' waist length in summer '08:
Mariposasexygirl------------------Cholet112
jeanne516------------------------queeny20
vivacious1033--------------------marie170
Silvergirl-------------------------dtachi
mscocoface----------------------Divine_Order
den1----------------------------poetist
msbrown76----------------------joib
Silverlotus-----------------------lilamae
Sar-I----------------------------trini_rican
Amber_moon---------------------stargazer613
growingbrown--------------------Te'TahHead
soun-----------------------------jenteel
miss_cherokee--------------------secretdiamond
The_Dreamer---------------------HoneyA
bellezanegra826------------------Islandspyce
qtslim83-------------------------ElleDoll
MizzEsq-------------------------Caramelcutieinva
cocoberry10---------------------zzirvingj
caliber38
Letitia
Meaganita
medina78
NAKISH66
cat_eyes
michelle3147
SweetCaramel1
Zsazsa6275
tsmith
shynessqueen
missvi

I added you zzirvingj. Remember that in April we will be showing our half way progress pics.

How is everyone doing? I went & got my hair rollerset & the roots blown out today. My hair has grown in the past 10 weeks, but I'm not happy with my ends. It could all be in my head, though, cuz I never think my ends are good enough :look:. I guess I'll see for real when I relax in Dec & check in with ya'll before I trim.

Last week I did a rollerset it came out really well. This white chick came up to me and told me she wish she had my hair. She was like ,"Oh my gosh I want your hair! You look so pretty your hair is about a 3rd of it and your face the rest and I will leave your body to your man because I don't go there." I was like okay thank you. I'm mad my hair looked better than my face being that was the first time I wore makeup in like years. I used Salerm 21 and silk elements silk protein setting lotion. I also notice some little half curled broken pieces after rollerseting though.You know I got worried and conditioned the heck out of it and slapped on some Lacio lacio(love that stuff). My hair is doing good though. And it actually did right when I use my vatika oil as an over night prepoo and massage. I was looking at my ends they aren't as bad as I thought. The are even but the scissor addict in me wants to cut them to make them nice and clean looking. I know I have issues.

Last week I did a rollerset it came out really well. This white chick came up to me and told me she wish she had my hair. She was like ,"Oh my gosh I want your hair! You look so pretty your hair is about a 3rd of it and your face the rest and I will leave your body to your man because I don't go there." I was like okay thank you. I'm mad my hair looked better than my face being that was the first time I wore makeup in like years. I used Salerm 21 and silk elements silk protein setting lotion. I also notice some little half curled broken pieces after rollerseting though.You know I got worried and conditioned the heck out of it and slapped on some Lacio lacio(love that stuff). My hair is doing good though. And it actually did right when I use my vatika oil as an over night prepoo and massage. I was looking at my ends they aren't as bad as I thought. They are even but the scissor addict in me wants to cut them to make them nice and clean looking. I know I have issues.

You sound like me! Just remember you gotta check in with us before scissors even come near your hair. ;)

I must confess....I trimmed!!!:wallbash:

it's wasn't a huge trim, but I couldn't take the breakage anymore. I think I took off 1" overall so I didn't notice much of a length difference. Plus, I have about an inch of NG and I'm 4 wks post. I'm still in!:yep:

Hi ladies
I've been paying more attention to my ends at night.I've been using mizani night time treatment on my trouble spots where I get breakage and baggying my ends.I haven't flat ironed b/c I'll want to trim.

I keep trying to picture that waist length hair:spinning:

:look:
perhaps I should join this challenge...

I am currently right below BSL, but I still have 1" of thin ends after trimming 1.5" of crappy ends 2 weeks ago.

The trim that is coming up may put me at right at BSL.

What do we consider end of summer? July? August? or September?

In any case, I would like to join, and I promise to keep through with it and baby those ends. I promise!
So, if my hair grows at the regular rate of .5" per month, I should have 4.5" of hair by the end of August. That would put me at 3.5" below BSL. Not quite waistlength, but that's fine. Now...if I use a growth aid...:grin:

ADD ME PLEASE!:yep:

I think I might have seen a challenge like this but I'm not sure.The search future thingy isn't working for me.But anyways I'm on a mission to grow my hair to waist length by the end of summer and I really don't want to go at it alone:nono:. I was wondering if there are some chicas who would like to join me. There are no rules ,this is really your own challenge for yourself....just with me:grin:.At the end of summer I would like to see proof that you made it. Meaning I want to see pictures yall.Thats the only requirement. Who is with me?:circle:

***PS:Ladies you can do it. It's scary for me too as long as we got each others back. And please If one of you guys end up getting into a situation where you feel like to you have to do something like pull out the scissors, stop where you are and come consult us first. I think it could really help prevent set backs and keep everyone on track.***

caliber38------------------------CarLiTa
Letitia
Meaganita
medina78
NAKISH66
cat_eyes
michelle3147
SweetCaramel1
Zsazsa6275
tsmith
shynessqueen
missvi

I added you Carlita. I have a cousin named Carita reminded me of her...anyways...we are revealing in the mid week of April and then again at the dead line in Sept. HHG!

I must confess....I trimmed!!!:wallbash:

it's wasn't a huge trim, but I couldn't take the breakage anymore. I think I took off 1" overall so I didn't notice much of a length difference. Plus, I have about an inch of NG and I'm 4 wks post. I'm still in!:yep:

Did your breakage stop at least? You should still be able to make WSL by the end of the challenge. :yep:

Carlita, the challenge ends around Sept. 23rd, I believe. Whatever date the official end of summer is.

caliber38------------------------CarLiTa
Letitia---------------------------Doll
Meaganita------------------------so_so_chic
medina78
NAKISH66
cat_eyes
michelle3147
SweetCaramel1
Zsazsa6275
tsmith
shynessqueen
missvi

So far 52 people are going for wl! HHG TO ALL!

Did your breakage stop at least? You should still be able to make WSL by the end of the challenge. :yep:

Carlita, the challenge ends around Sept. 23rd, I believe. Whatever date the official end of summer is.

Yes:grin:. I still get some small hairs though. A part of me still wants to trim some more, I think I may have to hide my shears!

Back