End of Summer '08 Waist Length Challenge!!

After the New Year I plan to keep my hair up in protective styles for the majority of the time. How are you ladies doing with the challenge?

I am about to be 9 weeks post sunday and I have a thicket under my relaxed hair. I can barely feel my scalp when it is not straightened. So far so good though. I haven't had the urge to cut anything so thats great. I cannot wait to get a touchup.

I'm doing good, 11 weeks & post enjoying my hair. I got a wash & set last week to take a break from the bunning. My hair keeps getting stuck in stuff though. It got caught in my zipper earlier today :ohwell:.

When I get out of school on the 21st, I plan to relax ASAP. It seems like we are all tired of stretching.

I'm doing good. I'm 6 months post. My hard C & G challenge is over the same month this challenge is over. I can't Wait to see how long my hair is going to be.

I'm doing good, 11 weeks & post enjoying my hair. I got a wash & set last week to take a break from the bunning. My hair keeps getting stuck in stuff though. It got caught in my zipper earlier today :ohwell:.

When I get out of school on the 21st, I plan to relax ASAP. It seems like we are all tired of stretching.

Ouch! Bet you wasn't expecting that?

I'm doing good. I'm 6 months post. My hard C & G challenge is over the same month this challenge is over. I can't Wait to see how long my hair is going to be.

I can't go a year without enjoying/seeing my hair you're brave for that lady:yep:
i'm in a personal hide hair (see my countdown) myself but only for 6 months and IDK if I'll stay strong:ohwell: til april

I flat ironed my hair yesterday to check the length, I'm an inch past BSL. :grin: I'm also 6 wks post so I have about an inch of NG. I'm very happy about that, I was a little upset that I had to trim.

Hey guys I think I'm going to trim my hair in the shape of a U after this relaxer. What do you guys think? After that no more trims until I reach my goal of waist length.

I've been thinking about trimming, no more like cutting 3 inches. The ends of my hair are so thin. I don't know if I should wait it out or just do it. Im in the hide your hair until christmas now, but when I reveal I'm going to post a picture here so that I can get some advice. No matter what It has to go, but I don't know if I should do a big cut or a gradual trim.

I say wait until the end of the challenge to trim into a U, you might get to waist and want to do something totally different. My hair grows in a natural U/V shape, and I love it! Wait it out!!...............

Hey guys I think I'm going to trim my hair in the shape of a U after this relaxer. What do you guys think? After that no more trims until I reach my goal of waist length.

I think you should just wait and see how your hair looks after your relaxer, then trim if you feel you really have to. At every retouch I assess my ends and decide whether or not I need a trim. I haven't trimmed in a while because I don't think I need to.

Thanks yall. I'm still undecided. I will wait and see what it looks like after I get a relaxer. I might wait for the U shape but I might dust my ends a tiny bit because they don't look happy.

Last edited:

What shape does your hair naturally grow in? You should probably wait if it's not naturally a U cuz it will grow right back. I got a U trim 10 weeks b4 my sig pic and you can clearly see what happened to that.

If your ends look bad, a *slight* dusting would be okay.... just don't go overboard. You know you have a scissor addiction :lol:. Post pics in here before you do anything.

What shape does your hair naturally grow in? You should probably wait if it's not naturally a U cuz it will grow right back. I got a U trim 10 weeks b4 my sig pic and you can clearly see what happened to that.

If your ends look bad, a *slight* dusting would be okay.... just don't go overboard. You know you have a scissor addiction :lol:. Post pics in here before you do anything.

Sometimes my hair in the back on the sides and in the dead center grow the fastest.So If no trim at all I would have like three long tails with slightly shorter hair in between if that makes sense.You couldn't tell if it was all flowing together though.Or maybe it was because I did a crappy job at trimming last time:ohwell:.I will definately post pics before I trim..I mean dust:grin:. I thought I could walk away from the scissors just like that. But they are calling my name:rolleyes:.

Sometimes my hair in the back on the sides and in the dead center grow the fastest.So If no trim at all I would have like three long tails with slightly shorter hair in between if that makes sense.You couldn't tell if it was all flowing together though.Or maybe it was because I did a crappy job at trimming last time:ohwell:.I will definately post pics before I trim..I mean dust:grin:. I thought I could walk away from the scissors just like that. But they are calling my name:rolleyes:.

Are you protective styling? If so it doesn't really matter what your ends look like, as long as they're not split and raggedy. Same for if you wear your hair curly. You never know, the shorter pieces might catch up to the tails, like how Chicoro's hair grows. Throw those scissors away, give them to your hubby, just get them out of your sight :nono:.

Are you protective styling? If so it doesn't really matter what your ends look like, as long as they're not split and raggedy. Same for if you wear your hair curly. You never know, the shorter pieces might catch up to the tails, like how Chicoro's hair grows. Throw those scissors away, give them to your hubby, just get them out of your sight :nono:.

Yeah I have been protective styling. I looked at my ends today they don't look bad now. Is my mind playing tricks on me:look:? He told me that I should wait because they don't look like they need to be trimmed at all.He told me I was looking to hard. So I won't be trimming now. I will still post a pic up post relaxer to let you all see for sure. I might do s&d then but I don't know. So today I feel better. I'm so glad I did not relapse. If I didn't have you guys and my hubby helping me it would have been chop chop. Thanks!

I am going to flat iron whenever my shine spray gets here.I think my ends need to be clipped,though.Hopefully I'm inching towards midback...:crossfingers:

Mariposa,is the chi infusion a serum?

Back