End of Summer 08' Waist Length Challenge Final Reveal!

Well it looks like I need another 2 inches or so...I did cut about an inch off in July so I would had been a tad closer but that's cool. I started at a smidge past shoulder length in Feb 2006 so maybe by my 3 year anniversary, I will be WL. I can deal with that.

Thanks Eclass.

Hmmm, I think it took me about two years. I started out just a little past shoulder length. This is my hair in July 2006 after a 'fresh' haircut.:rolleyes:

I did a BC on October 1, 2005. I had a 2-3 inch twa. So it took 3 years. Q

I think 2006 is when I really started trying to grow my hair. I say about 2 yrs from APL to WL. It prolly would have taken less than that if I didn't cut my hair so much back then:look:. Oh and I'm tall ladies(5'8) so don't be so hard on your long torso and such you can still get there :lachen:.

Thanks for those answers, I really appreciate it. I am going to try and stay patient so one day I can make it there too. I am a little past SL now so I'm tracking every little centimeter! Keep up the good work ladies and thanks for the motivation!!

congrats :)

to everyone who is willing to grow it and maintain it at that length i have great respect. I personally doubt i will let my hair grow out that long again.

Don't make fun this is not the best picture.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Plus my hair looks kind of dry.

Dry? It doesn't look dry at all. :nono: And it looks very Pretty :yep:

Keep doin' what ya doin':yep:

Congrats to all of you...you all have beautiful hair! I used to think my dream of wl was too good to be true, and now i have living proof that it is doable...i'll see you guys in dec of 09! you all are insprining me, my daughter already has wl hair, and she's only 8!!! LOL :spinning:...with a lot of shrinkage to boot!

Thank you mariposa, que, tee, and silverlotus for taking the time out to show us that wl can be acheived even if you are tall, or just growth challenged!!! Thanks further for sharing your time table of growth, it gives us on the boards goals and the belief that "black woman" can indeed grow beautiful wl hair...Thanks a million....Just think where you ladies will be in 2009 and 2010 when others here, including me, are hoping to reach their wl goals!!! Tailbone??? Classic???? Grow ladies!!!!! :drunk:

Well it looks like I need another 2 inches or so...I did cut about an inch off in July so I would had been a tad closer but that's cool. I started at a smidge past shoulder length in Feb 2006 so maybe by my 3 year anniversary, I will be WL. I can deal with that.

Your making great progress. You will be there before you know it
:yep:.

goodness
this thread is wonderful.

i decree that i will be waistlength...TOMORROW.

hahaha. magic?

naaaah.

but i'll be excited when i get there.

congrats again ladies.

Marie you are at your natural waist already. Congrats to you and Tenjoy!!! Q

ten - i love your ends .. i always thought i would want blunt WL hair but .. your hair looks nice with those fairy tale-ish ends

Oh and yall tenjoy doesn't believe in cutting her hair at all.
I really hope that we encourage some of you to realize that we(women of African decent) can have long hair if we want it. In the words of T.I " You can have whatever you like." lol Sorry, Im being silly.

Back