End of Summer '08 Waist Length Challenge 1st Reveal!!!

Hi ladies, it looks as if everyone is making wonderful progress!! Silverlotus and Tenjoy, I think you're both WL!! Congrats on the success girls! Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to post my pics yet. I'll be flat ironing today or tomorrow, so my pics should be posted by then.

Nope, I have 3 inches.......

Here are mine. I hope I'm doing this right. I really need to work on thickening my hair up. Im praying I get some super growth within the next 8 months. I'm pregnant too, so that might help.
MarchApril2008Hair019-vi.jpg
MarchApril2008Hair003-vi.jpg

Congrats on the baby poetist. I always got serious growth when I was pregnant. So I am sure you will def meet your goal. Q

I hope y'all don't mind me lurking in this thread. I'm not part of the challenge (I wish) but y'all's hair is so inspirational! :notworthy

Thanks ladies! My v is just about there but I'm still in this challenge cuz I want blunt WSL. :grin:

YAYYY you made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance7::clap::clap:

Are you experiencing hairnorexia yet?

I don't think there was a time when I wasn't hairnorexic :lachen:. I STILL don't think my hair is long enough :nono:.

Okay so I had dh take a pic but the first one is up close and doesn't show the top of my head to prove I am not leaning back. Plus I think my arms were folded. The second one shows the top but not all of the bottom and I relaxed my arms. It appears I am a 9-9.5 on the progress in inches shirt so I gained about an inch since I took my FOTM pics in late January early February. I have 12 weeks until my anniversary to step it up and get some good growth. I think I will with the weather being warmer. Q

Queeny, your hair looks long, wow. 7 inches seems like a lot to get to WSL, are you tall?

your waist is the smallest part of you back )( .

ok now I get it....I just went and looked at the chart again...wow that is inspirational even though I plan on cutting an inch off when I make there but that is cool.....thanks everybody

You ladies have done a tremendous job.. I am so proud of all of you. Do you know how inspirational this thread is?? Your progress gives all of us non-wl ladies a lot of hope...Great job!!

Queeny, your hair looks long, wow. 7 inches seems like a lot to get to WSL, are you tall?
Yes I am 5'9". Q
I agree...7 inches seems a bit much...maybe she is going by what I thought was WSL...

I guess so. Because when I think waist I think down where my belt is. Right now my length is past brastrap so I guess we can figure it out from there. So do yall think the 11 on the shirt would be waistlength then? Q

Thanks ladies! My v is just about there but I'm still in this challenge cuz I want blunt WSL. :grin:

I don't think there was a time when I wasn't hairnorexic :lachen:. I STILL don't think my hair is long enough :nono:.

:blush: (pinches Silverlotus) you are not dreaming girl your hair is really long and pretty. You making me want to do better with my hair.:yep:

Yes I am 5'9". Q

I guess so. Because when I think waist I think down where my belt is. Right now my length is past brastrap so I guess we can figure it out from there. So do yall think the 11 on the shirt would be waistlength then? Q
Alot of people assume wl is where the belt is but thats not the case. Do you know how old people wear their pants on their real waist? Well people today hardly do that anymore(except the high waist pants style thats in:look:). So I could see how peeps get throwed off by that. My pants come a little above my hips. So I think most of the chicks who are claiming WL down there are actually REALLY close to HL if not there. You can feel your hip bone if you don't believe me:lachen:. My mom is a seamstress/nurse and I always remember her measuring the smallest part of my torso for my waist.

Yes I am 5'9". Q

I think your MBL

Alot of people assume wl is where the belt is but thats not the case. Do you know how old people wear their pants on their real waist? Well people today hardly do that anymore(except the high waist pants style thats in:look:). So I could see how peeps get throwed off by that. My pants come a little above my hips. So I think most of the chicks who are claiming WL down there are actually REALLY close to HL if not there. You can feel your hip bone if you don't believe me:lachen:. My mom is a seamstress/nurse and I always remember her measuring the smallest part of my torso for my waist.

What's weird is I know about the correct waist measurement from working out. I guess my mind is just focused differently when it comes to my hair. :crazy: I will measure it later and let yall know. Q

You ladies have done a tremendous job.. I am so proud of all of you. Do you know how inspirational this thread is?? Your progress gives all of us non-wl ladies a lot of hope...Great job!!

Awwthanks! And yes I'm glad this thread is inspirational. Helping people see that they can achieve it just may give them that boost that they need to do what they have to do to get. So thats a good thing:yep:. I believe all the woman on here can have WL hair if thats what they wanted ,no doubt. It ain't nothing but a thang.

Back