Email from Sabino Block

Coffee

I emailed Diane yesterday, here is her response:

We are using a temporary bottle and sent a notice with the bottle telling that it was temporary until our new reveal (see attachment). We have had women ask for a long time..."why would I want to block moisture?" and after asking many of our loyal customers in a focus group, we determined it was time for a name change to say what the product really does. The product "locks in essential moisture and blocks out excess moisture (humidity) so...we are calling it LOK and BLOK. If you notice on the right hand side of the picture, there is a plug in the pump. That is a built in travel plug to prevent leakage.

We are a small company and continually strive to understand our customers and make sure that we get our message across. Our name has never been right and we've always known it. We are excited about the change. It's a little bit scary but the most important thing is what's inside the bottle-right?

We hope you like it.

Blessings to you,

Diane Sabino
Sabino Hair Solutions
9689 N. Hayden Suite 36
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 905-1515 office
(888) 305-4247 toll-free
(480) 905-1887 fax
[email protected]
www.sabinohair.com

URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2772331540036511612ntPdDu]
2772331540036511612S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL]

Cute bottle. I guess sales haven't been so great, so need to repackage. I hope this doesn't come with an ingredient change? Isn't that look similar to Chi heat protectants?

I've emailed Diane before with questions and she has always responded timely and professionally. I just ordered my bottle a few days ago. I guess I'll get the temporary bottle this time. Thanks for the heads up.

That's admirable that they've made an effort to have the product name make sense.

That being said, the umlauts and "k"s? I'm always amused by marketing...

Cute bottle. I guess sales haven't been so great, so need to repackage. I hope this doesn't come with an ingredient change? Isn't that look similar to Chi heat protectants?

There IS indeed an ingredient change, they added two more cones. Honestly, IC Fantasia's heat protectant already has these four (along with a few others)....so I hope it's still a superior product. :(

I emailed her also, and this is what she said about my concerns:

Silicones can have the same name but can be of a different quality believe it or not. We have tested this at length and it is sublime:)
Please let us know what you think!!!

Diane Sabino
Sabino Hair Solutions
9689 N. Hayden Suite 36
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 905-1515 office
(888) 305-4247 toll-free
(480) 905-1887 fax
[email protected]
www.sabinohair.com

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: Sabino Moisture Block

No, not yet...it just seemed like your previous formula was almost magic. I actually liked that it gave my hair more weight. And I have other products that have those four ingredients already in them and I'm not a big fan of them...but hopefully your product is even better now... :)

I emailed her also, and this is what she said about my concerns:

Silicones can have the same name but can be of a different quality believe it or not. We have tested this at length and it is sublime:)
Please let us know what you think!!!

Diane Sabino
Sabino Hair Solutions
9689 N. Hayden Suite 36
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 905-1515 office
(888) 305-4247 toll-free
(480) 905-1887 fax
[email protected]
www.sabinohair.com

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: Sabino Moisture Block

No, not yet...it just seemed like your previous formula was almost magic. I actually liked that it gave my hair more weight. And I have other products that have those four ingredients already in them and I'm not a big fan of them...but hopefully your product is even better now... :)

I liked the first version too. She didn't really respond to the concern of whether or not the new formulation will still be like magic. Prayerfully, they have not watered down a great product to save money. I just hope DD's hair will not revert if I ever press it again...

Thanks for writing her!!

cj

If anyone still wants the original formula I got it on ebay from mysalonstopcom. 2 3oz bottles for $20.45 total. Not sure how long they will have it for, but I just got mine in today...my gut told me to stock up and get 4...now I understand why :)

Maybe the new version will work better for me. I don't know if I was using it wrong but it never really worked for me. My hair still reverted, but I am natural so I don't expect miracles, I only expect it to last atleast a day:ohwell:

I love the new look. Makes it look more sophisticated and luxurious:look:

ETA-I would like to know why they changed the formula though!

Last edited:
I wonder if they changed the product to help it "spread". When you are putting a waterproof product in damp hair it's hard to make sure all the strands are covered eventually distributed with product; at least that's what I notice with the orginal Sabino.

Where's the best place to order or buy this item? I can't find it in some of the beauty supply stores in Los Angeles, so I'm thinking about ordering it from Amazon.com.

Back