EK 6 MONTHS PROGRESS SINCE HAIRCUT END DECEMBER (MINI UPDATE WITH PICS)

ekomba

Hey guys it s been a while. i ve been extremely busy. i'm 4 months post relaxer and went to the hairdresser today but let me tell you all my new growth reverted the minute i step outside the salon.

As some of you know my great progress was hindered by some scissor happy stylist that decided to give me a haircut without my permission and cut all my hair:wallbash:

thank God it grows back.

so here s a mini update. MY 6 MONTH HAIR PROGRESS
DECEMBER 25 HAIR PROGRESS. STARTING POINT.
With a brief pix of the before:
dec 25 texlaxed:
a close shot first

the whole length

that was my 2 year progress as a natural down the drain (yeah i know i should be wayyyyyyyyyyy past brastrap by now if it was not for this heifer quickly grabbing some scissors out of nowhere and chopping while i m screaming no even though she had already cut a big chunk in the back. i learned that after me she did the same thing to a friend of mine longhaired she chopped it shorter than earlength she was past brastrap!!!!!! gasp now i know it s HATERADE go figure. she knew i wanted to be waistlength and she knew i was nearing brastrap!) but oh well it s 2 years of sacrifice waisted but now out with the old in with the new

DECEMBER 28 SETBACK-THE HAIRCUT
so here the infamous cut 3 days later in paris

my hair in the front was chin length so all those layers you see in the front and very short tidbits were never there. the stylist did them and cut many very short and what not. u can tell it still emotionally painful to be so far and those vits popped i just want to shoot her ahaha now let s calm down

so we measuring now the progress since then so those 6 months

another shot of dec 28 ( i just give u the perspective so it s easier to measure progress cause i was so discouraged i dont count inches no more but just compare pics from my starting point)

2MONTHS LATER...WITH VITS, HEART AND DEDICATION HEHE...

COMPARISON SHOT

MARCH 3 UPDATES (TOUCH UP WITH MIZANI)

AND NOW LADIES WITHOUT FURTHER DUE the JULY 8 UPDATES ( 4 MONTH LATER) I'm 4 months post so forgive me for my roots lol very visible and i m happy it s growing. i just hope u are encouraged if u suffered any setback, yes it will regrow screw the haters :grin::lachen::rolleyes: lolllllll mind u the new growth has not been straightened so i ll post more pics next week after the perm to see the length.

july8 updates ( for more pics view my fotki) link in siggy: 6 months of progress since haircut:

ok more on my fotki, they could not do the roots so we left them for next week perm. i m happy of the progress for the past 6 months and i m glad i find a dominican hairdresser longhaired that i will diligently see once a week and that really cares about my scalp condition, uses all the products yall rave about, is knowledgeable and will help me attain my goal of waistlength hair. hihi i m happy camper.

sorry for being so long for a mini update hihihi:lachen::grin::yep:but u know i love u ladies and i dont get to be here often but the love is there have a great day!!!!!
EK

ETA: JULY 18 UPDATE: OK LADIES AS PROMISED I PERMED MY HAIR AFTER 4 MONTHS OF NEW GROWTH NEVER AGAIN!!!GRR MY HAIR WAS SO TANGLED now only 2 months before i perm. i m so happy its been about 6months since my haircut just above my neck. i'm elated lets keep growing hehe here s some pics. I permed my hair with Mizani- more pics in my fotki:
JULY 18 PERM UPDATES

lets see what the next 6months will bring but i m keep the same simple routine, every 2 months perm with mizani and every 2 weeks rollerset deep cond blowout and pop my vits. i have to get back to them lol to get the maximum growth i m not that far from that bra i'll see the light soon haha

Last edited:
Wow EK your hair grows really fast! Congrats on your progress...you'll be wayyyyy past your goal in no time :yep:. Keep up the good work.

Wow EK your hair grows really fast! Congrats on your progress...you'll be wayyyyy past your goal in no time :yep:. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Aprilj by the way your hair looks great. even though i use heat all the time at the domenicans. i decided to do weekly but mostly rollerset trust me now i m glad i found a scissor-free environment hihi:yep: so i m back on the bandwagon and focus on growing hair i dont set a timetable anymore but i wont lie i was surprised to see that much hair today as i mostly hide my hair.

but now that i m back to the salon i'll wear my hair mostly out or up and wrap at night with satin scarf but no pin.

AWESOME PROGRESS!!! I love the way it's documented too. Your hair is really healthy and thick. You'll reach your goal in no time!

wonderful progress, i had a setback too in May and Im slowly working to try and gain back what i had before that

Great progress Ekomba!!!! :clapping: I am so happy to see your post, I miss you around here!! :hug2: I look forward to your updates. :yep:

congrats, I've been a fan of yours even when you were natural...your hair looks soooo healthy and it's thriving....thanks for posting your experience
gen

Girl, your hair looks good!!! Great pictures!

What vitamins have you been using? And did you use any growth aids?

That's good growth for 6 months. By December you should be at or past APL.

Way to grow girl!!!!

Hey guys it s been a while. i ve been extremely busy. i'm 4 months post relaxer and went to the hairdresser today but let me tell you all my new growth reverted the minute i step outside the salon.

As some of you know my great progress was hindered by some scissor happy stylist that decided to give me a haircut without my permission and cut all my hair:wallbash:

thank God it grows back.

so here s a mini update. MY 6 MONTH HAIR PROGRESS
DECEMBER 25 HAIR PROGRESS. STARTING POINT.
With a brief pix of the before:
dec 25 texlaxed:
a close shot first

the whole length

that was my 2 year progress as a natural down the drain (yeah i know i should be wayyyyyyyyyyy past brastrap by now if it was not for this heifer quickly grabbing some scissors out of nowhere and chopping while i m screaming no even though she had already cut a big chunk in the back. i learned that after me she did the same thing to a friend of mine longhaired she chopped it shorter than earlength she was past brastrap!!!!!! gasp now i know it s HATERADE go figure. she knew i wanted to be waistlength and she knew i was nearing brastrap!) but oh well it s 2 years of sacrifice waisted but now out with the old in with the new

DECEMBER 28 SETBACK-THE HAIRCUT
so here the infamous cut 3 days later in paris

my hair in the front was chin length so all those layers you see in the front and very short tidbits were never there. the stylist did them and cut many very short and what not. u can tell it still emotionally painful to be so far and those vits popped i just want to shoot her ahaha now let s calm down

so we measuring now the progress since then so those 6 months

another shot of dec 28 ( i just give u the perspective so it s easier to measure progress cause i was so discouraged i dont count inches no more but just compare pics from my starting point)

2MONTHS LATER...WITH VITS, HEART AND DEDICATION HEHE...

COMPARISON SHOT

MARCH 3 UPDATES (TOUCH UP WITH MIZANI)

AND NOW LADIES WITHOUT FURTHER DUE the JULY 8 UPDATES ( 4 MONTH LATER) I'm 4 months post so forgive me for my roots lol very visible and i m happy it s growing. i just hope u are encouraged if u suffered any setback, yes it will regrow screw the haters :grin::lachen::rolleyes: lolllllll mind u the new growth has not been straightened so i ll post more pics next week after the perm to see the length.

july8 updates ( for more pics view my fotki) link in siggy: 6 months of progress since haircut:

ok more on my fotki, they could not do the roots so we left them for next week perm. i m happy of the progress for the past 6 months and i m glad i find a dominican hairdresser longhaired that i will diligently see once a week and that really cares about my scalp condition, uses all the products yall rave about, is knowledgeable and will help me attain my goal of waistlength hair. hihi i m happy camper.

sorry for being so long for a mini update hihihi:lachen::grin::yep:but u know i love u ladies and i dont get to be here often but the love is there have a great day!!!!!
EK

Hey its Black Rose from Fotki, i been missing your updates...this is amazing progress...i am going to have to check out that Fotki again and note what you use...WOW :grin::grin:

Geat progress! :yep:
I too had a scissor happy stylist cut my hair off and called it a trim. But it sure made me pay attention and be more vocal. I'm ALMOST a ***** when I go to salons now, but they do what I tell 'em!

awww thank you ladies for the encouraging words! i just came from work and saw the posts and i would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate!

Than you Ediesse, Plastic, Irresistible, Mrs Puffy Brown, EmJazzzy (hey how u been sweetie sorry i been mia for a while but with my mishap hair was the last thing on my mind i had to divorce it hihi till i got that urge to grow it back :lachen::grin:), Genesis thank you so much girl. Thanks Centered Girl, Danigurl1, Winnetag!

Thank you Blackrose how you been sweetheart???? sorry for the updates i know it s the first time i go 4months without updating but now that i m really on my regimen and found what works for me and that s really easy to maintain i'll post all progress pics in a timely manner.

You know what ladies though i find it weird that even though i use heat it stay really thick relaxed. my hair was never that thick relaxed and mind u mine is bone straigth if i wet it (of course without the new growth hihi) everything becomes flat and straight but as soon as let it dry with the serum my dominican hairdresser MG uses the hair becomes the fluffiest, thickest, softest thing ever. amazing!

Girl, your hair looks good!!! Great pictures!

What vitamins have you been using? And did you use any growth aids?

That's good growth for 6 months. By December you should be at or past APL.

Way to grow girl!!!!

AWW THANKS THE SAVVY SISTAH!

After trying a lot of stuff and jumping on a lot of bandwagons i finally found what works for me and guarantee me results and fast growth. i 'm also elated i found a hairstylist i can trust i do not do any trims whatsoever so i try to focus on retaining any inch i ever grow and limit breakage.

i had breakage in march but my stylist use a deep cond that stopped my breakage and shedding dead in its tracks she put me under the dryer with a plastic cap and my hair thrived on that treatment. My hair stays soft. i did not see the deep cond i will ask her next saturday but i saw the serum it was the UNA ligne it seemed italian i think.

For the vits i currently use: these past 6 months only a multi chewables centrum, Vitol hair skin nails time release and Nature Made super b complex, and 2 pills of Puritan Pride biotin.

sometimes i dont even take pills regularly or forget to take them; i did not for the past 2 months. just got lazy. But the regimen that never fails, i used to go every 2 weeks to the domenican salon for a wash set blow. every 2 months its the scheduled time for touch up. My stylist swears by Mizani.

To thicken the hair i would suggest to get into the habit of a consistent simple routine. it used to work for our foremothers and ancestors and they used to have tons of hair. I dont use grease lately. just the serum daily a little nutshell mind u i had that serum now for 4 months it lasted me a long time and still not finished hehe

at the same time of the perm i do get a blue black rinse. i m excited i m due for a perm next week i ll post the pictures!

These past 6 months i havent used any growth aids. i have my mtg bottles still sitting dormant in my closet. Now i try to eat more like the spanish and bresilien eat. lot of rice and beans, fish, i havent had a protein shake in a long time and get my protein, sulfur, and what i need mostly either from my food or my vits. they are perfect for me.

i now know how to retain thickness even though permed bone straight and you have to make sure your stylist dont overlap and i m contemplating changing the frequency i go to the salon. i d like to go weekly. my hairsalon is Elia on Amsterdam Avenue the ladies are very knowledgeable and always educate me about my hair and my scalp and at each visit make me fill out a questionnaire on the status of my hair and what treatment i want to receive and they know i want to be waistlength and devise a plan for me to reach it.

I ll post pics saturday when they do my perm:yep:

ETA: i keep my routine simple, dont use scrunchies anything i wrap with satin scarf at night et voila nothing more

Last edited:
Thank you ladies!!!

Great progress and great hair! Are you still using the Praital Silk worm rinse and cond?

Thanks Gorgeoushair hey how have you been? u know what the Praital has been a life saver. i dont use it at the salon but as my in between for all my cowashes (the only rinse i can and did use daily) as well as the creme of nature green label shampoo. i cant live without these two but specially the praital. that s how i survived the 4 months but now that i m going back to my drastic simple regimen i plan to not use it but only as an emergencee rinse if i m away from home and cant go to my stylist. i dont know for what reason my hair mostly thrives with my salon's products. i still dont know what they been using on me grrr. i just know that on perm day they use the mizani line, i saw her the entire line. but i could not say which products.

so i ll keep my Praital for days stranded or going on a trip overseas or a island i ll just pack the rinse but from now on every week i let the domenicans do my hair. it helps that my stylist has hair way down her back hehe now i will never ever let somebody with busted hair do my hair that should have been my hint last time lol u live and learn hehe.

Hey ekomba! I was wondering about you. I love your hair! Great progress!

I'm trying to be like you. I started a new diet, hopefully I can results like you.

thank you ladies! thank you locabouthair long time my buddy hihi

Great progress. You have some pretty and fast growing hair.:yep:

thanks AngelDoll!!! but look at you talk about fast growing hair DAYUMMMMMMMMM your hair is soooooooo beautiful and your progress is out of this world way to go or shall i say way to grow:grin: thank you ladies you all have beautiful hair and keep me inspired when i m discouraged and want to give up. yall rock hehe:yep::grin: i scheduled my touch up for next saturday i cant wait to see my true length. i m 4 month post i will post here the pics when i come out of the salon. i dont like my hair color so i m gonna get a blue black rinse as i love jet jet black hair lol

BUMP!!!! AS PROMISED LADIES I updated those july 8 wash and set pics with my perm update photos taken today july18. (CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR THE PICS )wow i was 4month post!!!!! damn never will i wait so long to get a touch up. my new growth was so tangled it took a good 30mns to detangle everything and hurt so bad. but i m happy of the progress lets grow more!!!!

happy hair growing ladies!!!! my next perm touch up is Sept 19 and thank you all for the kind words and encouragements now that i see results i m keep on oh and i forgot to mention i did do a black color right after she rinsed the perm:rolleyes:hihi

ETA: I REPOSTED THE JULY 18 UPDATES PICS HERE SO IT S EASIER
I permed my hair with Mizani- more pics in my fotki:
JULY 18 PERM UPDATES

lets see what the next 6months will bring but i m keep the same simple routine, every 2 months perm with mizani and every 2 weeks rollerset deep cond blowout and pop my vits. i have to get back to them lol to get the maximum growth i m not that far from that bra i'll see the light soon haha

Last edited:
Girl that's alot of progress for 6 mths. Your hair is thriving nicely.

I too did a six mth stretch so i'm waiting till later this month when i finally relax to see what my 6mths stretch has brought me.

Ekomba, your hair looks fabulous girl! It grew so fast and its good to know that you still use your beloved Praitel:grin:

Keep up the great work...it's looking very good!

N&W

Thanks Nice and Wavy i was beyond shocked when i saw my hair for the first time after the perm yesterday but i cant believe it was just above my neck dec 28 it seems like yesterday hehe its great to see that when u just focus on doing what s right, caring for the hair and retaining and do not check so much and religiously follow your regimen the growth will be out of this world. it has encouraged me to take now my vits daily and stick to the domenicans every 2 weeks and mizani that s my fave relaxer it keeps the volume whereas affirm my hair had no volume at all. so now i m try to double that up for end of december hopefully!

Girl that's alot of progress for 6 mths. Your hair is thriving nicely.

I too did a six mth stretch so i'm waiting till later this month when i finally relax to see what my 6mths stretch has brought me.

Thanks Sunshine Baby yeah i feel like the 4months stretch did help retain the length for the 6 months but never again lol so much new growth hihi wowww 6months stretch! you go girl yeah cant wait to see your progress!!! girl i m not checking again until my next perm sept 19 hehe no more updates for me for a while.

yeah u right i know that my next update will be end of december at the one year mark since haircut and first year permed. Good luck with the stretching sweetheart NO MORE UPDATES TILL END OF DECEMBER for me. i will though post a few pics after my perm sept 19 but after that thats about it the reveal of our DEN1/EK CHALLENGE then no more updates ladies. december i m done.

Back