"Easily Accessible and Affordable Hair Care" Review list

What Hair Care line/product do you love that is cheap n' chic?

• Total voters
THESE CHOICES ARE UNDER $5 and I SWEAR BY THEM!!!

HONEY - I use it for everything... my hair, facials, WHATEVER!!!

EVOO - I use Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. LOVES IT!!! I use it for EVERYTHING!!!
Its like magic.

ACV- I use organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I'll never buy shampoo again.

MANE N TAIL CONDITIONER: Use for co-washes. AMAZING and you can add EVOO, and Honey and make a deep conditioner.

Suave Humectant & Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner... I use these for Co-washes too... LOVES IT!!!

AtOne with Nature poo $2.99 AtOne Cond. $3.50 works like a charm, has natural botanicals, smells nice and mositurizes like a dream.
get @ any bbs (beauty supply store)

ACV
Cholesterol - searching for a preferred brand
Creme of Nature Shampoo
EVOO
Motions Conditioner
ORS Hair Lotion
Wal Mart Hair Skin & Nails Vitamins

This is an Awesome Thread! I was thinking of this the other day, because I know I am on a Budget so I stick to what works but it would be nice to just pick up something out of the BSS or Wal-mart etc.

Yes, good quality products at reasonable prices always catches my eye. I believe in stretching a dollar. Here are some of the ones I use:

Shampoos: Trader Joe’s Castile Soap, Cream of Nature, Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap, Suave Professional Shampoos

Conditioners: Silk Elements, Motions Moisture Plus, Suave Humectant/Biolage, Mane N Tail, VO 5 Smoothies, Suave Milk and Honey and Coconut

Leave In Treatment: Infusium 23

Pomade: Softee Indian Hemp, TCB Naturals, Africa’s Best, Wondergro Shea Butter Pomade, Vaseline mixed with oils and butters

Oils: Hairobics, Africa’s Best Herbal Oil, Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, and health food oils

Africa’s Best Herbal Oil is the greatest cheapie oil IMO..gives my 4b hair softness and a nice sheen/shine..like $2 at Wal-Mart!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: And I know some people say don't use oil to flatrion :look: ( I use just a taddd bit) but this stuff is even more AMAZING with some heat:grin::grin:

ACV
Cholesterol - searching for a preferred brand
Creme of Nature Shampoo
EVOO
Motions Conditioner
ORS Hair Lotion
Wal Mart Hair Skin & Nails Vitamins

This is one of my favorite cheapies! For $2.99 or less a tub, I get such a treat for my hair. I love to apply the Lustrasilk Shea Butter one the then top it off with the Olive Oil one. WONDERFUL and so cheap!

I voted *other* I have to give the nod to Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine!!! :up:

ETA: I really like Garnier Fructis Length and Strength also. :yep:

Last edited:
Shampoo: CON (green label)

Conditioner: ORS Mayo, Pantene Moisture Mask -- Protein/Moisture

Moisturizer:Elasta QP H2O, Dove Moisture Mist

The best cheapies Ive used.

Id like to add Tresseme Moisture Rich Conditioner

Love this stuff LOL

at the most a large bottle is 4.99

Being the PJ that I am I know of tons of great, affordable products.
I'll start with several brands I'm familiar with;

Elasta
1. Creme conditioning shampoo
2. DPR-11
3. Mango butter
4. Recovery Oil moisturizing lotion

ORS
1. Uplifting scalp shampoo
2. Clarifying/neutralizing shampoo
3. Mayonnaisse
4. Carrot oil

APL (always Perfect hair)
1. Hair Mayonnaise

Dark and Lovely
Instant Conditioner
Cholesterol

Proclaim
1. Neutralizing shampoo
2. Gel
3. Hair polishing Serum

Hask Placenta---THis so Taboo
1. Henna and Placenta
2. Deep treatment mask packets
3. Leave-in treatment

before i started using keracare or design, i was using pantene. the con made my hair so thick . i used to use this and cholesterol ( i think it was queen helenes) i knew nothing of "protein conditioner " lol . this was when i was younger and my hair was thick and long. then i discovered a curling iron lol. i also used to use motions shampoo and i used to wash my hair with the neutralizing shampoo and it was just fine.

This thread is really helpful, because I'm going to start doing my own hair again. I heard Pantene is really good too.Has anyone ever tried it?

This thread is really helpful, because I'm going to start doing my own hair again. I heard Pantene is really good too.Has anyone ever tried it?

yeh , i had jus wrote about it ^^^lmao it works good. the only thing was that the shampoo can strip your hair but the conditionr makes up for it

Also need to add:

Honey
Black strap molasses
Henna
Amla
Shikakai
Rhassoul clay
Glycerin
ACV
Trader Joe's Castile soap, Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap, Dr, Woods Castile soap
Aussie conditions- 3 min deep, Moist
Saloncare Shampoo and Conditioner(Sally's BSS)

I think the best cheapo products comes from mother nature herself (a.k.a my kitchen by way of the supermarket!!). Olive oil, avocados, AVC, herb infused rinses, and coconut oil are all great things to have arounf for cooking and for healthy hair as well.

I'd have to vote Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Pin-Straight Conditioner as being my holy grail cheapie conditioner!!!

This is a really good thread!:yep:

My picks so far are
Creme Of Nature Shampoo(Green Label) its very thick so i dilute it and a little goes along way!:drunk: around $3.99

ORS Replenishing PAk :yep: around $1.29 for each
ORS Mayo Conditioner :yep: $7.99- $8.99

Jamaican Castor Oil :yep: $3-$4

I'm still searching for a good moisturizing conditoner with lots of slip that works on my natural hair:ohwell:

I've found that the Clairol Hello Hydration and Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner are great "cheap" products. I stopped using Elucence when I found the Hello Hydration.

I love the L'oreal Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme. I use it as a weekly Deep Conditioner. It's super-moisturizing and smells heavenly. The cost varies on where you go, but I usually find it cheaper at Beauty Supply Stores.

MY CHEAP BUT GOOD PRODUCTS ARE,

PANTENE POO AND BREAKAGE DEFENSE MASK
CON (GREEN LABEL) POO
AFRICA'S BEST LEAVE IN LIQUID MAYO
EMERGENCIA (DOMINCIAN CONDITIONER)
DOO GRO MEDICATED HAIR VITALIZER(GREEN LABEL)

This is a really good thread!:yep:

My picks so far are
Creme Of Nature Shampoo(Green Label) its very thick so i dilute it and a little goes along way!:drunk: around $3.99

ORS Replenishing PAk :yep: around $1.29 for each
ORS Mayo Conditioner :yep: $7.99- $8.99

Jamaican Castor Oil :yep: $3-$4

I'm still searching for a good moisturizing conditoner with lots of slip that works on my natural hair:ohwell:

Motions Moisture Plus (add olive oil or any oil blend) :dance7:

Back