*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
ladee oz do you mind sharing the sassy water recipe? I need to lose 10 pounds and I hope this will help me do so. TIA!

Mona,

R U excercising and drinking adequate amounts of water?

I am, 1 hour on the treadmil, Walk away the lbs. (walk strong dvd), and the mini trampoline 10 minutes 6 days per week. I also drink 64 oz. water 6 days per week (32 oz. 2 hours after my shake and 32 oz. throughout the day).

Glad to hear your still up on it. I went to the salon and had my hair flatironed, and i must say, my hair looked more "lush" it is bsl-again-but not as thick as i'd like, but i'm thankful, i'm on a rebound from alopecia AND transitioning, so....it's just a matter of time, and woo hoo, glamarama here i am!

Sounds like you'll be back in no time. Be thankful for the density you have and you'll open up the door for even thicker hair. Trust!

This is my third day of the shake, and I've had no intestinal problems yet :grin:, that was my main fear. My experiment will last until the end of the month.

I just made a smoothie with strawberries, pineapples, orange juice, soy milk, wheat germ and an egg..it was delish!

I can't wait until my book arrives and read about all the other natural stuff inside..I keep checking the mail like a fiend. Thanks again!

Oh, I'll try your recipe and go from there! Sounds awesome.:lick:

OK, I just tried it in my magic bullet as a test run. It was the most tastiest thing ever!:spinning: I used skim milk, pineapple, 1 egg, and wheat germ.:lick: I did not taste or smell the egg! Yes, I am in on this challenge. No more ignoring it!:yep: Next time I will add an apple...or is that overkill?:rolleyes:

Hi y'all! I was lurking before, but now I want to join with y'all. I drank my first shake today. It wasn't bad at all. I used vanilla soy milk with strawberries. I couldn't find the wheat germ oil (they were sold out), so I only used the wheat germ with the raw egg. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't even taste the egg at all!!! It wasn't a bad drink and I feel full right now (I have an hour to go). I am hoping for the skin glow and hair improvement... I will let y'all know how I'm doing after about a month or so, but before then if I notice any difference sooner...
Welcome, Hon~ Please keep up posted, and do get the wheat germ oil, you will absolutely L-O-V-E the benefits!

I have lots and lots of energy nrg level is improving big time
I have absolutely no appetite (I eat raw fruit/veggies for dinner)Ooooh, i wish i could do this!
My skin is so clear yep, yep
Dark circles under eyes are going away yep
I'm looking quite younger "you mean you need to check my id, m'am?" yep
My hair is growing extremely fast and getting thicker!!! yep, i did a length check this week, i cut 2 inches, i grew em back...
My tummy is getting flat we're still workin' on this...:perplexed
My waistline is getting smaller and this, too:perplexed:ohwell:
DH says my skin feels like satin yep, can't keep his hands off me, either.....it's true, I don't use body lotion anymore

My 6 month results will be in May---I'll post some pics then.

Daggone, girl, you sound like an advertisement...I ahve noticed all of the above, only I gained some weight - 6lbs, so i eliminated whole milk and went to soy...as a result of diching the milk, i lost 4 lbs working on next 2, i'm sure they'll be gone this week...

Ladies... There's something about this shake. My skin feels like velvet - soft to the touch. Its milky and creamy. I found myself rubbing my face in the middle of the night.exactly

The dark spots that I had on my face are naturally lightening up. Even the dark spots on my back are fading.mine too

Is this for real or am I just seeing things? I'm not even wearing foundation the way that I used to.no, girl, these results are so for real!
My hair feels cottony soft. Its twisted under my wig, so I really can't monitor growth yet. my hair is so soft, not coarse in any way....it's thick in there, though...

No weight loss to report. Not sure if I have to eat the salad mixture or if the shake brings those benefits as well.
gotcha, wanna do the diet, but haven't gotten around to it..

Song of Praise for the Egg Cocktail. The one and only downfall for me is I gained 10 pounds! i gained 6 :perplexed I refuse to give up the drink so I will start a process of elimination to see what's causing my weight gain.
i eliminated the whole/2% milk and went to soy...i've dropped 4 so far....

OK, I just tried it in my magic bullet as a test run. It was the most tastiest thing ever!:spinning: I used skim milk, pineapple, 1 egg, and wheat germ.:lick: I did not taste or smell the egg! Yes, I am in on this challenge. No more ignoring it!:yep: Next time I will add an apple...or is that overkill?:rolleyes:
girl, do you. sounds good to me...

I am assuming that those including pinapples and apples have JUICERS? Am I right? Pardon my slowness as I have been at work all day and can not concentrate any further:lachen::lachen:I need a juicer for Christmas!

This sounds delicious! I will try it out tomorrow. I need something new with my shake!

I did my shake today with OJ instead and it was much better, so OJ it is. I may try adding some fruit to it later. It's not that filling to me with soy powder and juice so I'll eat breakfast with it and see how I feel. The milk was more filling but nastier.

I am assuming that those including pinapples and apples have JUICERS? Am I right? Pardon my slowness as I have been at work all day and can not concentrate any further:lachen::lachen:I need a juicer for Christmas!

I'm thinking they are talking about fresh or frozen fruit..I may be wrong tho. thats what I do, add frozen fruit..even if I had a juicer I'd be to lazy to use it plus the blender.

:yep: Yup, protein powder for me. I have not been able to find the wheat germ, but I have the wheat germ oil. The shake isnt too bad with the protein powder and I'm definitely seeing my face clear up. No hair growth to report yet as I only been on the shake for 7 days now :ohwell:.

Some of us use protein powder instead of raw eggs. I do raw eggs half of the time.

I want one of these soooo bad. I would definitely get creative with my morning shakes.

OK girls, help me with this one. I have been thinking about making the shake minus the raw egg.( Just can't do the egg, because of the high cholesterol content, and I'm on high blood pressure meds).:ohwell: I've been studying the nutritional content of the raw egg, and it appears that sulfur is the most abundant ingredient in the egg yolk. So as a replacement for the raw egg, should I use lecithin, whey powder, egg protein powder, or how about using egg beaters with whites and yolk? The egg beaters have no cholesterol, and its pasturized. I can handle everything else in the shake, I just need help with the egg part. Thanks ladies!! I've been watching (lurking) this thread since you all started. I want to join, cause I like what I'm reading so far! You ladies are awesome!!!!!!!

ETA: I will be using hemp milk as the base of the drink to ensure I'm getting my amino acids. Hoping this won't conflict with the rest of the shake ingredients.

Last edited:
Mona,

R U excercising and drinking adequate amounts of water?

I am, 1 hour on the treadmil, Walk away the lbs. (walk strong dvd), and the mini trampoline 10 minutes 6 days per week. I also drink 64 oz. water 6 days per week (32 oz. 2 hours after my shake and 32 oz. throughout the day).

What the mini trampoline? What do you do on it? Sorry I know it isnt rocket science:yawn:

OK girls, help me with this one. I have been thinking about making the shake minus the raw egg.( Just can't do the egg, because of the high cholesterol content, and I'm on high blood pressure meds).:ohwell: I've been studying the nutritional content of the raw egg, and it appears that sulfur is the most abundant ingredient in the egg yolk. So as a replacement for the raw egg, should I use lecithin, whey powder, egg protein powder, or how about using egg beaters with whites and yolk? The egg beaters have no cholesterol, and its pasturized. I can handle everything else in the shake, I just need help with the egg part. Thanks ladies!! I've been watching (lurking) this thread since you all started. I want to join, cause I like what I'm reading so far! You ladies are awesome!!!!!!!

ETA: I will be using hemp milk as the base of the drink to ensure I'm getting my amino acids. Hoping this won't conflict with the rest of the shake ingredients.

I am impressed by your determination! And Hemp! There is no wrong in Hemp, I think I may try that next. There are at least 2 Ladies that use powdered egg so I say go for it.

Welcome to the Egglet Club!

OK girls, help me with this one. I have been thinking about making the shake minus the raw egg.( Just can't do the egg, because of the high cholesterol content, and I'm on high blood pressure meds).:ohwell: I've been studying the nutritional content of the raw egg, and it appears that sulfur is the most abundant ingredient in the egg yolk. So as a replacement for the raw egg, should I use lecithin, whey powder, egg protein powder, or how about using egg beaters with whites and yolk? The egg beaters have no cholesterol, and its pasturized. I can handle everything else in the shake, I just need help with the egg part. Thanks ladies!! I've been watching (lurking) this thread since you all started. I want to join, cause I like what I'm reading so far! You ladies are awesome!!!!!!!I think your egg beaters with whites and yolks are a great compromise! i know you'll see great results. we've got a great bunch of posters, here, and i must say, i think we have the most positive thread going on lhcf, so welcome and reap the benefits of the cocktail with us. The more, the merrier!

I think this will blend in well. If you don't like it, you can always try another option...some of us are doing soy, almond, etc...

I think this will blend in well. If you don't like it, you can always try another option...some of us are doing soy, almond, etc...

Thanks, Br*nze! I'll try the egg beaters, and we'll see how it goes! You're right about the hemp milk, if It doesn't blend well, I'll switch over to rice milk, almond, or soy. I love all 3! Appreciate your fast reply!

Okay, so I'm in. I just got home from the grocery store with some organic brown eggs, wheatgerm oil and flaxseed meal. I already make a morning smoothie consisting of the below ingredients, but now I'm going to up it with the wheatgerm oil, flaxseed meal and eggs.

This is my smoothie consists of:

frozen mixed berries, wheat germ powder, brewer's yeast, lecithin, a big scoop or 2 of vanilla egg white protein powder, almond milk, agave nectar, liquid multivitamin, fresh romain lettuce. delish!

Bronze--gave me good advice (thank you again) suggesting that I decrease the protein powder, which is already egg white, since I'm going to be adding in the raw egg. I'm a bit nervous about the raw egg, but I really want to see a major improvement in my skin. You ladies are really inspiring me with this, so I'm excited to blend all of this tomorrow!

Since I'm doing the powder with OJ I'm wondering how it will taste with raw wheat germ? If it's nasty I'll gulp it down that one time and never do it again and just my alternative of soy milk and raw wheat germ as a seperate shake. Maybe for the night time. So that will make a total of 3 shakes for the day: ensure, soy powder and OJ, and sow milk and raw wheat germ.

I've been using whey protein powder in my shake for the last 2 weeks. Suddenly I've been feeling a little heavier. Wonder if the protein powder is adding more muscle or bulk.

Dang!!

Loved the taste and that it made my shake thicker.

Does anyone use a non protein powder in their shake?

Yall I'm psyched that my skin is glowing.

Is anyone eating the other beneficial foods like bean, and onions? I went to an Indian restaurant a couple of weeks ago and they had raw onions siting out the the hot food. I took a few knowing the benefits and surprisingly is was very good with my food.

Yes Yodie that whey is making you gain weight. It's not muscle, unless you're exercising. I gained alot of weight in the two weeks I used it. I'm trying to lose it and that was since about 5 weeks ago.

Beautiful skin and extra weight. Ladies we got to figure this out b/c I'm not giving up my drink! NEVER! If I got to break it down to milk egg and fruit for my shake I will.

I will first try removing the raw wheat germ. I know its not the soy b/c I've been drinking it for years nor the eggs. My experiment starts tomorrow and I will try this for 1 week.

Beautiful skin and extra weight. Ladies we got to figure this out b/c I'm not giving up my drink! NEVER! If I got to break it down to milk egg and fruit for my shake I will.

I will first try removing the raw wheat germ. I know its not the soy b/c I've been drinking it for years nor the eggs. My experiment starts tomorrow and I will try this for 1 week.

Try excercising for 1 hour, 6 days a week, for 2 weeks and see if that makes a difference.

What do you have to lose but weight?:grin:

Normally I am all for exercise but right now I’m just not in the mood for all that jumping around. My weight gain is from what I’m eating so I will focus on that for right now.

If I continue to eat they way I’m eating and exercise for 2 week I’m sure I will lose a few pounds but as soon as I stop they will come right back. But if I focus on my intake and maintain it until I’m ready to exercise I will come out a lot better.

Thanks LadyofVirtue!

Back