*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
It states in the book to take your wheat germ and add 1/2 c of milk to it and eat it like a cereal in the morning,You can take some WG with you in a ziploc.

Last edited:
O.K., my hair & nails are growing, the weight is dropping and I'm luvin this drink.
But, my eyelashes are still thin.

How do I get these little critters to grow long, lush and thick?

Also, family and I are flying into D.C. for Thanksgiving. I can't take my drink products with me. How do I improvise for the 3 days that I'll be gone away from home?

I don't want to get into trouble for trying to sneak raw eggs onto the plane. And if security tells me that I can't bring my WGO and all that other hair stuff with me, they're gonna have to hand-cuff me, beat me down, arrest me and drag me by my silky, curly pony-tail as I scream out forl Br*nzeBombshell to come to my rescue!

You can travel with pretty much all of your ingredients except the eggs. I would transfer some WG to a ziploc and the WGO to a mini spice jar. I would buy a 1/2 carton of eggs in DC. Assuming you are staying with relatives or at a hotel with a refridgerator, you shouldn't have a problem.

O.K., my hair & nails are growing, the weight is dropping and I'm luvin this drink.
But, my eyelashes are still thin.

Also, family and I are flying into D.C. for Thanksgiving. I can't take my drink products with me. How do I improvise for the 3 days that I'll be gone away from home?

I don't want to get into trouble for trying to sneak raw eggs onto the plane. And if security tells me that I can't bring my WGO and all that other hair stuff with me, they're gonna have to hand-cuff me, beat me down, arrest me and drag me by my silky, curly pony-tail as I scream out forl Br*nzeBombshell to come to my rescue!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hey Ladies! In his book Dale explains its takes a man 3 months to see an improvement (b/c of the short hair) and a woman 6 months (b/c of the long hair). I was looking at the current HYH (hide your hair) thread and thought maybe we should do a 6 month reveal.

Anyone interested? I took a pic after my first week of the egg cocktail and I'm right at the 1 month timeframe. So my reveal would be in April.

How goes it, Sistas?

All goes well here. I am stagnant on the reading because my professor loaded me down with homework this week....statistics.

I planned to read some tonight. I have 4 chapters left. I am not going to read the part about hair replacements...it doesn't apply here.

It goes well! But has anyone found the lemon powder or orange powder listed in the salad recipe?

I was planning on getting these ingredients for the salad this weekend. I don't know where to get it. I am going to call Whole Foods tomorrow. (they are closed right now)

Something else to try are the world market; or those asian and indian food markets. They may have it too.

I'm herrrrrrrrrrrrrre:look::grin:...what's crackin' people...what else i gotta do to get to WL,i already got my hair growth oil poppin',why not add something else:drunk:

You are definately on your way. I read somewhere that you can stand on your head everyday to get the blood flowing to your head. Havent tried it yet.

I've been following this thread and trying to keep up with all the posts.

You can do it!

Also ladies I have been digesting Dale's book and found a few tips to share with you all.

• Onion, oinion and more onion are key to great hair
  • Carrots are very good for the hair (but we already knew that one!)
  • Iced drinks are a no go for the hair. The interfere with the circulation. A large meal may do the same.
  • Other no goes are coffee, alcohol and tea.
  • Chew your food thoroughly. Food should be well mixed with saliva.
All points above can be found in chapter 8 of Dale Alexander's book.

HTH!

Great information. Also to add that if you are working on your shape while on this plan that Crenshaw states to stop drinking beverages that are carbonated or have bubbles. I had to give up my carbonated water:blush:...which I love. I haven't had one in a month, but I can tell a difference.

Thanks for posting that. That was really good information.

Last edited:
I think I'm only at 2 or 2.5 weeks with this shake, BUT, I absolutely love it. It makes me want to be healthier throughout the day.

I add lecithin granules and my liqui multi to my shake, in addition to wheat germ and the egg. YUMMy!!! I could really drink this several times a day. It's that good.

Any of you ladies drink the shake at night or must you drink it first thing in the morning?

I'm on it! how often? how long?
Okay, love, we'll do an official challenge thread, so how about 6 months...it'll go by so fast and you'll love the results on your hair skin and nails...
Hello there I've been on this thread like white on rice since the first day it started but I haven't bought any of the books yet. Shoutout to all those ladies who posted the recipes may God bless your fingers. It was a real big help to a former lurker. So I tried the recipe minus the wheatgerm stuff, just egg and milk, and it was NOT a good experience I was getting chills right after drinking it and my tummy was telling me that I did a bad thing. I did this for about 4 days then went online to research side effects of drinking raw egg and found a site that mentioned the chills and salmonella. I was shocked that I get the damn chills that were being mentioned. Now I know in my heart that this is a nutritious recipe but I didn't like the chills and the fear of salmonella drove me away from it too because I have no health insurance and I'm a broke college student. I ain't trying to have any bills. I've read the research that ladies in this challenge have done about salmonella but I am not risking it.

Fastforward to today. I normally drink whey protein powder and soymilk everyday. I discovered that I have Viobin wheatgerm oil from along time ago in my bathroom so I threw in a tablespoon and drank it with my vitamins first thing in the morning. Now the only thing different I did was the wheatgerm oil and lemme tell you I threw up something fierce. :nono::barf: I WILL NOT EVER TRY THAT PARTICULAR MIX AGAIN. Or maybe it was cuz I had it a long time. :ohwell:

So with that being said thankyou Bronze for your recipe. I'm glad I learned something new. I know it is very healthy but my body says it's a no no for me. However goodluck to you and the ladies benefitting from it. :yep:Thanks, babe, actually, blending the drink and adding fruit would be better, be careful with oil and vitamins, it's a bad mix..you will upchuck ever-time..yes i meant to say ever-time....i'm sorry yo had that bad episode, that would run me away, too...but i sense you'll be back and trying another version of the mix...but that rancid oil and vitamins...girl, my stomach would still be tremblin' :spinning::drunk::nono:

But, my eyelashes are still thin.i've been rubbin straight mt on my lashes and they are getting thicker...how's that, either the mt or the cocktail, bcs my lashes look artificial, now...i lost them years ago to alopecia and they are back...they just need to thicken up now...YAAAAYYYY! I love lashes and was about to get the extensions, too....not now!

I don't want to get into trouble for trying to sneak raw eggs onto the plane. And if security tells me that I can't bring my WGO and all that other hair stuff with me, they're gonna have to hand-cuff me, beat me down, arrest me and drag me by my silky, curly pony-tail as I scream out for Br*nzeBombshell to come to my rescue!

Girl, you know you got me :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: crackin' up!!!

Lady of Virtue, GIrl, :roadrunner:I will be by your side,:charge: I'll :superman:whip you out of their custody with these muscles:boxing: i've gotten thanks to the cocktail, and I'd be all like "whoosh whoosh, :boxing:bam, bam, :hammer::boxing:whoosh, bam" :hammer: And you'll be free to go on holiday and drink your cocktail in peace...:auto::sunshine:

i had to go all out on that, one....in other words, Br*nze has definitely got your back!

I think I'm only at 2 or 2.5 weeks with this shake, BUT, I absolutely love it. It makes me want to be healthier throughout the day.

I add lecithin granules and my liqui multi to my shake, in addition to wheat germ and the egg. YUMMy!!! I could really drink this several times a day. It's that good.

Any of you ladies drink the shake at night or must you drink it first thing in the morning?
I knew you would...I drink my cocktail first thing in the am....tried it at night, but morning is best for me...i want lecithin granules too, no fair...but i gotta use up all this liquid one first...dang.

I took it at night for a couple of weeks. It was okay (dependent upon how late I drank it). The downside was it felt heavy (to me); and it made me go to the bathroom. (At the wrong time in the day):giggle:

He states that for special occassions ie...when you dont want to wait 2hrs you can use the oil and milk cocktail (see ingredients from previous post) you can take whatever hour you arise, just so it is taken about a half an hour before the first meal and at least half an hour after after any water intake. It can be taken just before going to sleep, at least four hours after any intake. If necessary it can be taken just before leaving for work, providing it has been four hours since eating and at least half an hour before any new food is to be eaten.

This is not the hair cocktail diet but the alternative one that we posted last week.

Here is some more important information from the Alexander book:
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

one chapter left for Alexander.
From the chapter which he talks about why do you have to wait 2 hours before eating.

as stated

"Why eath nothing with it? So that there will be less separating for the stomach to do, and so that the digestive process in the intestine will be easier. Also, the presence of fat in the stomach slows its emptying time; if other foods are present with these fats, the former will not get out of the stomach as fast and may make you feel uncomfortably heavy. "

You could try the dry egg powder. They are pasturized so there is no fear of catching salmonella. Just putting it out there. Im not trying to disrespect your decision.

I used the raw egg for the first couple of weeks. Since I only go to Whole Foods about once a month, I did not feel the need to drive half way across town every other week.

I opted for powdered. I LOVE it. It is working. It is a real raw egg that has been dried in its raw state. When water is added it turns to what is technically a beated egg. It taste like egg; even though I wont be tasting it like that again, but I just had to be sure that it was pure egg and sure enough it is.

It is noted that powdered egg is used greatly by restaurants, bakeries and other eateries. So it is most likely that the cookies, cakes, and any type of foodstuff made from egg at many restaraunts come from powdered egg.

"Except for McDonalds Breakfast!"

Good luck to ya!

Hello there I've been on this thread like white on rice since the first day it started but I haven't bought any of the books yet. Shoutout to all those ladies who posted the recipes may God bless your fingers. It was a real big help to a former lurker. So I tried the recipe minus the wheatgerm stuff, just egg and milk, and it was NOT a good experience I was getting chills right after drinking it and my tummy was telling me that I did a bad thing. I did this for about 4 days then went online to research side effects of drinking raw egg and found a site that mentioned the chills and salmonella. I was shocked that I get the damn chills that were being mentioned. Now I know in my heart that this is a nutritious recipe but I didn't like the chills and the fear of salmonella drove me away from it too because I have no health insurance and I'm a broke college student. I ain't trying to have any bills. I've read the research that ladies in this challenge have done about salmonella but I am not risking it.

Fastforward to today. I normally drink whey protein powder and soymilk everyday. I discovered that I have Viobin wheatgerm oil from along time ago in my bathroom so I threw in a tablespoon and drank it with my vitamins first thing in the morning. Now the only thing different I did was the wheatgerm oil and lemme tell you I threw up something fierce. :nono::barf: I WILL NOT EVER TRY THAT PARTICULAR MIX AGAIN. Or maybe it was cuz I had it a long time. :ohwell:

So with that being said thankyou Bronze for your recipe. I'm glad I learned something new. I know it is very healthy but my body says it's a no no for me. However goodluck to you and the ladies benefitting from it. :yep:

Here is some more important information from the Alexander book:
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

one chapter left for Alexander.
From the chapter which he talks about why do you have to wait 2 hours before eating.

as stated

"Why eath nothing with it? So that there will be less separating for the stomach to do, and so that the digestive process in the intestine will be easier. Also, the presence of fat in the stomach slows its emptying time; if other foods are present with these fats, the former will not get out of the stomach as fast and may make you feel uncomfortably heavy. "

That is exactly how I feel when I drink my protein shake with a meal. I feel the difference when I drink it alone.

It's cool Puffy, I appreciate the suggestion. I was thinking about the powdered eggs. I may try it after my soy protein.

I have to really get back on the horse. There was a two week period when I was eating my 3 meals a day along with fruits and green leafy veges, taking all my vits, and drinking my ensure, protein shake, and 8 glasses of water a day:fat:, and my skin was great by the beginning of the second week. It was glowing and my scars were fading faster than with the lemon juice I was using alone. My body felt great, I felt less stressed, and I slept better. It sounds like alot but it was real easy to do. Then I went on a trip and when I came home I fell off. I am so getting back on that. I figured if I ate my 3 full meals a day that everything else would go to my hair and skin cuz I swear I popped out close to an inch in that 2 weeks:band2:, pinky swear. No reason to lie.:yep: :yep: I took comparison pics but I'm ashamed to show it cuz my almost non exhistant edges are visible. They're still chilling in my camera.

Anyhoo back to the topic at hand: The Alexander Cocktail.:cool:

Last edited:
I took it at night for a couple of weeks. It was okay (dependent upon how late I drank it). The downside was it felt heavy (to me); and it made me go to the bathroom. (At the wrong time in the day):giggle:

He states that for special occassions ie...when you dont want to wait 2hrs you can use the oil and milk cocktail (see ingredients from previous post) you can take whatever hour you arise, just so it is taken about a half an hour before the first meal and at least half an hour after after any water intake. It can be taken just before going to sleep, at least four hours after any intake. If necessary it can be taken just before leaving for work, providing it has been four hours since eating and at least half an hour before any new food is to be eaten.

This is not the hair cocktail diet but the alternative one that we posted last week.

Thank you so much for pointing that I. I read it but I think at that point I was too sleepy to understand and I just couldn't get it. I even read it more than once. That's really helpful during those times I want a good breakfast.

It's cool Puffy, I apreciate the suggestion. I was thinking about the powdered eggs. I may try it after my soy protein.

I have to really get back on the horse. There was a two week period when I was eating my 3 meals a day along with fruits and green leafy veges, taking all my vits, and drinking my ensure, protein shake, and 8 glasses of water a day:fat:, and my skin was great by the beginning of the second week. It was glowing and my scars were fading faster than with the lemon juice I was using alone. My body felt great, I felt less stressed, and I slept better. It sounds like alot but it was real easy to do. Then I went on a trip and when I came home I fell off. I am so getting back on that. I figured if I ate my 3 full meals a day that everything else would go to my hair and skin cuz I swear I poped out close to an inch in that 2 weeks:band2:, pinky swear. No reason to lie.:yep: :yep: I took comparison pics but I'm ashamed to show it cuz my almost non exhistant edges are visible. They're still chilling in my camera.

Anyhoo back to the topic at hand: The Alexander Cocktail.:cool:

No I believe you. Diet and nutrition go hand in hand. That is the points of both Alexander and Dale. They say people spend too much time trying to get their hair to grow from the outside but in the meantime they ingest bad food such as fries, potato chips, cookies, cakes, etc.
You CAN get back on track. We are here for each other. Just take one day at a time. It will come.

ok today I got my wheat germ still no wgo! and some liquid lecithin! My official start day will be on today so I can keep track better and hopefully I can make it six months!! So May 19th!!

6 Month reveal sounds great,I need to take some pics,I'm very lazy about that,lol...But i find rereading the books is a great help,there is no way with everything else going on that we can retain all of that! I have used those post it notes and the ones for marking the pages,forgot what you call them....But i like to take my shake in the morning,keeps me full and i wont eat,I think my biggest thing is cutting out the carbonation,But i'm doing really well with it,I'll take a sip and put it down,but I don't buy any soda anymore,but hubby and his indigestion will buy ginger ale...In laws coming for thanksgiving and they drink soda, so I'll buy a couple of bottles for them,but i wont touch it! I SWEAR....

I would like to do a 6 month reveal as well. I started NOV 2.

This is the third week or so, and oh my! My face is really looking good, and yesterday my sister commented that I look thinner...and I haven't gone to the gym in months..so I'm assuming it's the protein shakes.

Also, the center of my head has a mini afro a'sprouting out of nowhere. I'm so happy, I know that 2009 is going to be a great hair year!

I have to agree with you on that,Why is that ? That your new growth is more prevalent in the middle and back,I have more there then the front and sides...But the improvement in skin condition is great,I'm very happy,Haven't had an outbreak of acne, I think adult acne is so d*** annoying,but it's nice to see my dots disappearing.My dermatologist has been telling me for years stop picking and squeezing and of course i never listened! But i'm so happy to see these things fading! Congrats to everyone on their progress!

I have to agree with you on that,Why is that ? That your new growth is more prevalent in the middle and back,I have more there then the front and sides...But the improvement in skin condition is great,I'm very happy,Haven't had an outbreak of acne, I think adult acne is so d*** annoying,but it's nice to see my dots disappearing.My dermatologist has been telling me for years stop picking and squeezing and of course i never listened! But i'm so happy to see these things fading! Congrats to everyone on their progress!

Funny you two just mentioned this. I was wondering the same thing last night as I gave myself a full head massage. I can hardly get my fingers to touch my scalp in the middle/top areas and back of my head, but the sides feel like no man's land. I think (and am hoping) that the sides just grow straighter and this causes the NG to be less obvious.

Anyhow the 6 month reveals sounds good. I forgot my exact start date, but I should be able to find it somehwere in this thread. . . I just need to wein myself off of this sesame crunch candy. :look:

Ladies would it be ok for me to add the germinating seeds to my protein shake? Is anyone doing that? I don't want to be doing a bunch of stuff throughout the day as I'm a very busy person. Could someone please list the germinating seeds again? I'm too lazy to go back and read it. TIA.

Last edited:
Ladies would it be ok for me to add the germinating seeds to my protein shake? Is anyone doing that? I don't want to be doing a bunch of stuff throughout the day as I'm a very busy person. Could someone please list the germinating seeds again? I'm too lazy to go back and read it. TIA.

The taste will be the only thing you have to worry about. Will you report back? I am considering adding the Salba seeds/ Chia seeds as well.

Hi everyone! I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to try the raw egg thing. I am taking it straight up no chaser:yep: At first I was like everyone else and thought it was so gross and it might taste ewy and gooey but it went down so easily and there was absolutely no slime or aftertaste in my mouth. I take medication that's worse than that. I bought organic vegan fed free range hen eggs.

I also take MSM, molybdenum, and garlic for my hair. I also want to try Amino Fuel which is a bunch of liquid amino acids sold at Vitaminshoppe. I am transitioning without a BC and my poor WAY over processed relax ends don't stand a chance against any type of manipulation they break if you just look at them. They were a lost cause a loooong time ago I just don't want to cut yet but I am determined to have this new batch of hair growing out of my hair as strong as diamonds and so far I think the MSM is helping because my hair is SO strong at the roots. When I find shed hairs I try to break them, the relaxed ends snap easily but I try to pull apart closer to the root end and sometimes I can't break it for anything so I just give up:grin: So I am hoping this raw egg and amino acids will help out even more.

Last edited:
From Dale's book:

"For those whose hair is almost gone, i suggest more of the germinating foods, such as the milk shake fortified with germinating foods, the liberal use of vegetable and grain sprouts and chia seed pudding.This type of dietary enrichment will, i am sure, increase the reproductive potential of the cells of the hair follicles and offer the needed nutrients for new hair growth.

Fortified milk shake of germinating seeds
Blend 1 tsp each of chia, sunflower,millet,pumpkin and sesame seeds with 8 oz of milk.

Chia seed pudding
Blend raw milk,raw egg, 1 tbsp of chia seeds.Refrigerate for two hours, which allows gelatin from chia seeds to firm. A small piece of papaya or your favorite fruit adds additional flavor.
Blend raw milk,raw egg and 1 tbsp chia seeds.Refrigerate

The taste will be the only thing you have to worry about. Will you report back? I am considering adding the Salba seeds/ Chia seeds as well.

I sure will report back. I read a few posts ago that pumpkin seed is a germinating seed. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'll buy some today along some soy protein powder and make my mix tomorrow morning.

Hey my little egglet sisters,

I think I started this month. So, if I'm correct, my 6 mo. anniversary will be sometime in May. I'll shoot for Mother's Day. That will give me enough time to learn how to post some hair progress pics.

I'm for the reveal but I'll take it alittle at a time and do a reveal in 3 months which will be February 19th, 2009. Hey maybe we should do a list of the dates when people are supposed to do their reveals. I think it could help us remember better. Who's up for it?

Back