*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
welcome aboard, new egglettes! it is hard to keep up with all the welcoming!

cocktailed it this morning....

make it a great day and an even better weekend!

Welcome Egglette Prophetesshope to our Nest!!

Happy Hair Growing, Prophetess~

Hey ShortyC~ Thanks for checking in - enjoy your weekend, too.

Cocktailed it today - twice! I'll cocktail it throughout the weekend, too.

Can you believe this thread is now 400 PAGES? BIG thanks to Br*nze for sharing this wonderful recipe!

Egglettes,

Update:
I went to the derm today and he told me there are no signs of alopecia other than the very front and sides (hairline).
He said everything looks normal (even though I know I've still got a way to go)!!!! I am totally stoked about that. Yaay Meee

way to go re: the alopecia :yep:

Blaque, OMGosh!!! That's wonderful, incredible! I've had that experience and it feels sooo goooood. My slacks kept twisting on me and my belt couldn't hold them up bcs it was too big...those were the good ole' days.
Keep up the great work. PM me and share what you are doing - exactly, Chica.

All I have been doing girl is walking an hour daily, eliminating sugar from my diet, having 2 egg shakes a day and a light meal..finally drinking atleast a gallon of water daily.:)

Okay, Egglettes,
I hadn't been shaking it up the last few days due to some "strep throat-like" symptoms. With me, I have issues with dairy + colds, so I eliminated the dairy temporarily to expedite recovery.

I finally added August and September to the siggy pic. I've got to come back later to post a larger comparison shot.

I can concur that "the twins" are feeling the benefits of the eggshake. From 38C in Nov08 to 42D currently...so...umm...yeah:look:
But, honestly, I'm loving it--personally.

So, I'm back on track today with the eggshake. Welcome to the Nest, Newbie Egglettes!! You're gonna love it here.

E-

I'll get my cocktail on, lata today. Have a good one!

lol@thread is worthless w/o pics~Glamchick, join us when the baby comes! I bet this keeps away the horrendous postpartum shedding.

Hey Ladies. Long time . . .

I'm still shaking, but haven't been as consistent in the last couple of weeks due to a busy schedule. I'm getting on it in just a bit and hope to be shakin' all this week.

So...have any of you noticed a change in texture since you started the shake?

Don't tell me I'm the only one. :look:
I already have thick hair, but I noticed the newgrowth is thicker and denser. When I wash it the difference in thickness is very obvious. Now, this may be a godsend for some, but as I mentioned, my hair is already thick.

I'm a 4a natural who normally doesn't notice newgrowth because it all looks the same. I haven't had a relaxer in 3 yrs or so and doing my hair is really an easy process. It takes a while because I air dry, but I know what products work and detangling and even dry combing (bad, I know) presents few problems.

So, someone please tell me why this extra thick newgrowth is also extra coarse? :ohwell: I typically air dry my hair in four twists and then flat iron. The roots shrink up a bit, but sectioning and combing is still a breeze. Except for today. Sectioning and combing through the newgrowth was a painful process and I lost a bit more hair than I normally would.

Have any of you experienced this? I'm so used to the combing process being easy and painless. My scalp still hurts from earlier.

Hi, Lovelili, I have noticed thicker new growth, but not coarser. Softer and shinier. Not sure if any others can comment on this, but I thought some others had the same experience I have. Hopefully, they'll chime in.

Did not cocktail today, had a really early meeting. Will do tonight.

Have a Groovy Tuesday!

Smh, I would be the only one whose hair decided to put up a fight.

I racked my brain trying to think if there was anything else that could have contributed to the change in texture since everyone else has had the opposite effect.

I did take Paragone for slightly over a month, so maybe that had some effect on my hair. Idk, but if this is from the shake I know I won't stay on the shake long term. However, I'm going to give it until at least January to see if keeps coming in coarser.

My gf who got me hipped to lchf (Im a bhm member ) and told me about this shake she took it faithfully for months and went SL to BSL in a short amount of time, Im down Im gonna get the ingredients this weekend only thing is she said it made her gain weight Im gonna incorporate hitting the gym with it so lets hope it works out thanks so much for all of the info!

Welcome Egglette Polished07 to our Nest!!!
Thanks for the testimonial, Polished. Let us know when you have your first cocktail.

Love~ What is Paragone? I'm unfamiliar with it. Are you aware of all the side effects of it? Ij Can't believe your hair is getting coarser. My hair has definitely softened up. Let us know your findings...

about to get my cocktail on, yaaay!

Welcome Egglette Polished07 to our Nest!!!
Thanks for the testimonial, Polished. Let us know when you have your first cocktail.

Love~ What is Paragone? I'm unfamiliar with it. Are you aware of all the side effects of it? Ij Can't believe your hair is getting coarser. My hair has definitely softened up. Let us know your findings...

about to get my cocktail on, yaaay!

ParaGone is a cleanse for parasites. There are some possible side effects, but I didn't experience them; I felt completely normal while taking it. The site focused on digestive side effects, of course.

I had to think over the last few months and I realized that I really slacked on my supplements. I usually take flax seed oil, a hair/skin vitamin , EPO and chlorella etc. daily, and I wasn't taking them for a while. It's possible that the combination of a parasite (which is sucking up nutrients) and then slacking on my supplements caused the coarseness. In the past I've read that the lack of certain vitamins can cause hair to be coarse, so that may be a possibility.

Well, I joined a challenge to take my supplements daily, so I'll see if my hair feels normal over the next few months.

LoveLiLi,

Have you been using Biotin at all? I know it seemed as if my textured changed a little when I did use it. I've discontinued internal use because it seems to break out my skin. I may crush the remainer and add it to topical treatments. We'll see...

LoveLiLi,

Have you been using Biotin at all? I know it seemed as if my textured changed a little when I did use it. I've discontinued internal use because it seems to break out my skin. I may crush the remainer and add it to topical treatments. We'll see...

Do you remember how many mcg you were taking?

I started taking Pure Skin Clarifying supplement around the beginning of the summer, slacked off for a while and I just started taking it again.

It has 150 mcg of biotin per serving and I only take one serving a day since the pills are big and they smell.

I tried taking biotin in the past and it broke me out horribly, so I haven't used biotin separately since then.

Good Morning Everyone...Still cocktailing it. I went back to the og recipe because I'm still sustaining my weight after the initial 10 days. I actually loss a few pounds. I'm gonna ride it out for as long as I can and just monitor my weight. I still just take the shake for breakfast only and this works for me. I try to keep my exercise regimen on a daily also.

My hair also seems to be improving in thickness. It still hasnt been a month but so far everything has been positive. BTW i also take my biotin and gummy multi's at night, but not consistently. I am excited what next month will bring. hth

I couldn't take biotin, either. The huge blisters erupting on my skin were enough for me to throw in the towel. I still have huge containers of the stuff.

Great to know everyone is still on course. Cocktailed it this am~ Grow some long lushus hair, y'all!

Bronze and Fam...it's been a minute since I've been in the thread. Have been WAY too inundated with life event type stuff...working like a Hebrew slave - 24 x 7 and dealing with the challenges family life presents.

I haven't been to the grocery store, haven't cooked...been eating WAY too much takeout.

It looks like life is streamlining for me, thanks be to God. Now, I can go back to grocery shopping, cooking and cocktailing!

I truly need NO help where the girls are concerned. Let me know how the "like water for milk" substitution works out, because I do intend to get back to my original goal for this year..."Get Fine in the '09!".

Signed...glad to be back! :grin:

Last edited:
Glad to have you back SweetDymeond...I'm glad life is leveling off for you. I, too have been there and done that. SMH, I've been through, that's for sure. *sigh*
Post back when you start again.
Take it one day at a time, okay?

Do you remember how many mcg you were taking?

I started taking Pure Skin Clarifying supplement around the beginning of the summer, slacked off for a while and I just started taking it again.

It has 150 mcg of biotin per serving and I only take one serving a day since the pills are big and they smell.

I tried taking biotin in the past and it broke me out horribly, so I haven't used biotin separately since then.

Girl, I was taking 5000mcg daily. (Rexall brand from Wal-Mart). In comparison I was "stacking"!:blush::lachen:

Couldn't cocktail it this weekend because I was out of town until today and the fam is not down with the whole organic/healthy living thing :wallbash:. I thought I was gonna starve to death as it was :lachen:. But I will be back on track this week! Will be cocktailing it tomorrow morning!!!

^Essensual, that's some great growth you got going, Girlie! KUTGW!!!

Thanks, Sis!
I can't seem to get the pics lined up "just right" each month:wallbash:, but I promise you, there is legitimate growth happening. I tend to trim about 1/8 inch off each month after the pics are taken--so I've had a little more growth this year then is pictured in the siggy. This right side just seems to grow slower than the left:spinning:, so I'm trying to spend more time massaging that side for circulation. With a little over two months left in '09, I'm just enjoying the journey...:grin:

Girl, I was taking 5000mcg daily. (Rexall brand from Wal-Mart). In comparison I was "stacking"!:blush::lachen:

Oh my, you were serious! Lol, I'm sure I was taking way too much when I bought some a while ago, but never again. Strong nails don't make up for breakouts. :nono:

Back