Dragonslippers-This is what an abusive relationship looks like.

song_of_serenity

Someone bumped the thread started by Cocoberry10 about possessive men and I remembered finding a link posted by studio_gal about a snippet of a comic book covering abuse. I did a search and found the entire thing online. It's a great read.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/7312,life,dragonslippers

Just sharing for those who found the snippets helpful. It's amazing how it just seemed to sneak up on her (the writer who told her story in the comic) and the question of "Why doesn't she just LEAVE!" got answered (she used to question this herself before the relationship) It was an eye opener for me. Be blessed and strong, ladies. Love, no matter what situation or what ties you feel you're bound by, never hurts.
~*Janelle~*

Thanks for posting this. I just read all 86 pages... she is very talented.

I've been there myself and she describes it very well. I'm so glad she got out of the relationship... but I wish she would have said what happened to the kids. Especially Megan, the daughter he was molesting.

You're welcome!! I started reading this last night and got drawn in. I plan on ordering the book from amazon because I want to see what he does to to dog. :sad:

Thanks for posting! I've heard about the book before and it was very interesting. What a cruel, evil man....

Someone bumped the thread started by Cocoberry10 about possessive men and I remembered finding a link posted by studio_gal about a snippet of a comic book covering abuse. I did a search and found the entire thing online. It's a great read.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/7312,life,dragonslippers

Just sharing for those who found the snippets helpful. It's amazing how it just seemed to sneak up on her (the writer who told her story in the comic) and the question of "Why doesn't she just LEAVE!" got answered (she used to question this herself before the relationship) It was an eye opener for me. Be blessed and strong, ladies. Love, no matter what situation or what ties you feel you're bound by, never hurts.
~*Janelle~*

Thanks for reposting Janelle.

It is a great read.

Many men/women who end up in abusive relationships whether verbal or physical usually encounter this particular pattern of behaviour at the start of a relationship.

Its worth a read. Stay safe y'all

icon7.gif

Thanx for posting.
I just finished reading and I still don't get it. I understand how she lost herself and stayed with him and even went back.
I don't get how she let the abuse of the children go on. I'm so sad for Megan. How could she let the molestation continue? I guess that's what happens to alot of abused kids. Adults just let it ride.

Back