Doing things that your DH/SO does not approve of... (need advice too)

I got some lines you may throw in that email/letter.

I really respect you and want to make you happy but this is one time that I have to put my self first.

I am not going to make a habit of doing things that you disapprove of but I can't compromise on this, it's too important to me.

This line is from Goodtimes in an episode where James didn't want Florida to get her GED, LOL...

She said if you can look me in the eyes and tell me NO, I can't try out for a life long dream, NO, you don't want me to be successful, NO I can never know if I could've made it as a professional dancer, NO you don't want me to have this happiness...then I won't do it.

I changed the words but he told her YES!

I'm being silly but these are ways you can soften him up.BTW,IMO A LETTER IS THE WAY TO GO RATHER THAN EMAIL. MAKE IT LIKE A LOVE LETTER. SPRAY PERFUME ON IT, KISS IT WITH LIPSTICK, HE JUST NEEDS HIS EGO RUBBED.

I got some lines you may throw in that email/letter.

I really respect you and want to make you happy but this is one time that I have to put my self first.

I am not going to make a habit of doing things that you disapprove of but I can't compromise on this, it's too important to me.

This line is from Goodtimes in an episode where James didn't want Florida to get her GED, LOL...

She said if you can look me in the eyes and tell me NO, I can't try out for a life long dream, NO, you don't want me to be successful, NO I can never know if I could've made it as a professional dancer, NO you don't want me to have this happiness...then I won't do it.

I changed the words but he told her YES!

I'm being silly but these are ways you can soften him up.BTW,IMO A LETTER IS THE WAY TO GO RATHER THAN EMAIL. MAKE IT LIKE A LOVE LETTER. SPRAY PERFUME ON IT, KISS IT WITH LIPSTICK, HE JUST NEEDS HIS EGO RUBBED.

Oooh you are smooth.

What happened the last time you tried out? Was he supportive then? He may not like it, but he truly loves you he wants you to be happy. I'm sure he'll come around.

An EX didn't approve of my choosing to put off my career for a year after completing my education. I worked as a bartender/waitress in a restaurant instead of becoming a 'professional,' he did not like that one bit. He said things like..."I don't want to introduce people to my wife as a waitress :sad:." He talked down on my decision, on my job and my lifestyle overall.

There was no compromising with him, if he didn't like it, he was pissy. I let him know that if he couldn't accept me as I was, he shouldn't want to be with me at all! I was headstrong and lived MY LIFE MY WAY and he KICKED ROCKS!!!

We were clearly incompatible :look:

Back