Does your height determine your hair goals?

free2be

I was thinking about how long do I really want my hair to grow. Then when I remembered I'm only 5'2" I figured any thing longer than midback would make me look even shorter. So I was wondering do any of you consider your height when setting you hair length goals? Why or why not?

I'm 5'7 so I consider myself to have long hair by reaching at least mid back...I wouldn't consider any other hair length to be long on me.

Hey fellow shorty, I'm 5'2 too and I don't want my hair any longer than bra strap. I hope to reach that point sometime during 2008, but the buck stops there for me.

I'm about 5'6 but I have a short torso, so APL looks long on me. I want BSL or maybe WL, since it's only about 3 -4 inches away on me.

I don't really know what I want. I only set short terms goals with my hair. Now, I'm hoping for bottom of BSL by august and waist soon after that. But no my height doesn't determine my hair goals.

No, I never really considered my height when I set my hair goal. But I am approaching this one goal at a time. I am 5' 6 and my hair measures right at the bottom of BSL. I would love to see 3 inchs past BSL. Then I would consider my hair long.;)

RZ~

I consider my height. I can't say I've ever had length goals per se because my reason for finding hair boards was learning to maintain my hair myself, not growing it longer.

However, it has certainly gotten longer, and I think I want to stay at this length instead of growing to waistlength. I'm 5'3" and I think waistlength hair would overpower me in some ways and chop my torso, making me look shorter. I'm about 2 or 3 inches past bra strap and that's long enough to make me look taller and show off the length but not so long that you miss out on my facial features because of it.

Wow, I have you all BEAT. I'm only 5'0 so getting to waistlength isn't a problem. I don't care how much shorter I look though, i want my hair to grow as long as it can.

Yes, my height determines my goal. I'm 5"3 & BSL now and I want no longer than mid back. In my opinion waist length would make me look even shorter. Once I reach my goal of mid back I'll start trimming every 2 months.

I didn't realize it at first, but yes, my height does play into how long I want my hair.

I'm 5'8" (relatively tall for a woman) and when my hair was BSL I considered it medium-short. But I could look a 5'2" woman with BSL hair and think "Her hair is pretty long!"

I still want classic length though...:look:

Since my hair goals have always been for healthy hair, it doesn't matter to me about my height. :)

CurliDiva said:
I'm 5'10" so BSL on me is probably waist length or length on a shorter torso woman!:ohwell:

Yes Yes, this is me. (5'9) But I dont let height determine or influence my goals.

I'm 5'10. No amount of hair will ever in life make me look short :lol: My only gripe is that I have to grow so much more hair than a shorter woman to reach the same goal. Like for instance, my hair now at mid-back skimming waist, would probably be tailbone if not longer on a shorter woman.

dlewis said:
I don't really know what I want. I only set short terms goals with my hair. Now, I'm hoping for bottom of BSL by august and waist soon after that. But no my height doesn't determine my hair goals.

DLewis, somebody gonna steal these cute babies. :)

redRiot said:
Wow, I have you all BEAT. I'm only 5'0 so getting to waistlength isn't a problem. I don't care how much shorter I look though, i want my hair to grow as long as it can.

I'm cosigning on this one. I am 5'2" and my height (or lack there of to all of you giants) is no consideration at all. I want it long and strong.

Well, I think that for shorter people, hair to APL looks very long because of the percentage of their body it covers.

I'm 5'9''...and I'll need past mid-back to have it look super long.

My hair definitely determines my hair goals. I'm 5'10 inches. Now that I've reached APL it doesn't look that long on me at all although I feel like it's a major accomplishment. Especially with my hair.

I don't consider my height in setting my goals but I do consider it when trying to determine how long it will take me to reach my goals.

Im 5'6 so i think I can pull of almost any length except the extremes :lol: My torso is not short but compared to my legs it seems like it is. But I still have a ways to go before it looks "long" on me. I am really amazed when people who are above avg height reach below BSL and longer because that would literally be waist length on a much smaller person.

I'm 5;6 and plan on growing it out to 30 inchs because from top of my 4head to my torsa is 36 inchs and i only want midback

im 5'3 and i want to grow it as long as I can. the longer the better. If it makes me look shorter i'll wear higher heels. lol

GlamourGirl said:
Not really for me either. I'm barely 5'2 and I want hiplength hair. I just think long hair looks better on me.

Co-signing.
I want to grow my hair to hiplength and if it's to long or get's to thin at this point I can still chop it off.

Im 5’3” and I don’t want hair longer than BSL. I think any longer and its just too much for me. My arms arnt long enough to deal with more.

I'm 5'2 and dont want to go longer than BSL. My friend is already at BSL and she wants it waistlength. I think she's like 4'11 and has a very petite frame. I'm scared she's going to look like Cousin It.

I'm 5'7" and although my hair grows fast I have a problem seeing my lenght. I do feel a little bit jealous when I see women with the same lenght I have or less and are at midback while I'm just about an inch past brastrap lenght. I know I'll reach my goals but it's still a little fustrating.

Back