Does He Need An Intervention?

MissMeWithThatIsh

I have a male relative who's known a girl for over 4 or 5 years, but has only been dating her for about 5 months. My grandparents are helping him get his act together (he's in his early 20s, sweet kid but not focused), and this girl seems nice.... but Apparently, he wants to move out and live with this girl... and her aunt offered several thousand for them to "get started" and "get an apartment."

While I'm all for everyone doing what they want to do (I know I have):
My relative has not learned to take care of himself yet, and therefore has a lot to learn about "the real world," especially in a recession. He doesn't even have a license yet. Additionally, he has no concrete plans for the future, and who gives you $3k to take their niece to live with you and you both barely know what the real world is like?

My dad already spoke to him about taking his time and making big moves with time and patience. They say they want to "build a life together."

What do you think?

No, the woman needs an intervention, what is up with her family? I guess the "have a man at any cost" mindset.

I would tell your cousin that if he is going to go along with the woman paying the way, then that is not the way to go. He should want to be the man and step up to the plate and get himself together. I don't see that relationship going anywhere except her ending up feeling used if things don't turn out like the fairytale that she is thinking of. He is taking the easy way out.

yeah I mean they 'might' make it

but who would take such a chance with their daughter? sending her out on her own to live with someone unfocused and unreliable.........I'm confused

Wow, that sounds like a situation that happened with my brother when he was dating an older woman. Someone in her family offered to set them up for their own place but my brother was skeptical. They're not together any longer and from what you provided I dont think it's a good idea.

Back