Do You Wash & Go? Post Your Regimen Here!

Ms. Plain Jane

Hi ladies! :wave:

Can you please post your wash & go regimens here? I figured this would be a good resource, especially for those of us who would like to start sporting wash and goes, but may have a few concerns and need a little motivation. :grin:

Be sure to include the products that you use, styling tools, hair do dads, pics (if you can), whether you're natural/relaxed/transitioning, how often you wash and go, and anything else you think may be helpful. TIA!

I'm natural and I cowash daily (except the weekends)

1. Cowash with any cheapie conditioner
2. Apply a nickel size amount of the conditioner to my hair while wet
3. While still dripping wet apply Fantasia IC gel (blue) on hair and pull into a bun with a hair band.
4. Put on satin scarf to lay down edges for at least 5 minutes.
5. Take off scarf and go.

I am relaxed. We can do it, too. :yep:

Yup sho can. I'm relaxed bone straight and they actually turn out best after a relaxer.

I use a tiny bit of leave-in (your choice), and Fantasia IC gel (clear) on soaking wet hair and scrunch periodically until dry.

Last edited:
I'm natural and I cowash daily (except the weekends)

1. Cowash with any cheapie conditioner
2. Apply a nickel size amount of the conditioner to my hair while wet
3. While still dripping wet apply Fantasia IC gel (blue) on hair and pull into a bun with a hair band.
4. Put on satin scarf to lay down edges for at least 5 minutes.
5. Take off scarf and go.

Thanks, HS. I've never even thought to apply gel. Thanks for the tip. :up:

I have a tut in my fotki from 2006 when my hair was shorter. I do my wng during the summer only. Right now I am currently in the process of taking down my braids and cutting off the last of my ends. I will be wearing the wng again for the next week or so and will post pics and my updated reg in the fotki since my hair is twice as long.

How I do my WnG:
  • daily cowashing in the am
  • while hair is wet smooth in oil and conditioner
  • then smooth and scrunch in gel
I usually either have the front twisted/braided or I put on a headband. It's that simple. I have found that only the cheap products work best for my when wearing this style. I use suave conditioners and smooth n shine curl activator gel.
Oh, a honey rinse will make the curls POP! 1T honey in a cup of water after cowash. Do not rinse out.

I've seen it work great on texlax... look at Sareca and DLewis

I thought u were a straight/bone-straight but IDK not like I know hair anyway

I relax straight/bone straight. :yep:

I know that there are a few straight/bone straight ladies who wash and go. i hope that they'll chime in, in addition to all others. I'm open to the idea of not necessarily being able to wear my hair bone straight or down for that matter, but it's cool because I'm looking for new styles, especially with this warm weather. My straight hair cannot stand up against the humidity. :cry2:

didn't know one of my recent hair inspirations did em.. sheeeeeit i might have to try it now :lol:

looks great

do you smooth the leave-in or use a spray

Yup sho can. I'm relaxed bone straight and they actually turn out best after a relaxer.

I use a tiny bit of leave-in (your choice), and Fantasia IC gel (clear) on soaking wet hair and scrunch periodically until dry.

There some pics in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/queent/wash-n-gos/

321329655.jpg

There are some pics in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/queent/wash-n-gos/

321329655.jpg

Thanks for chiming in! Your hair looks great! :thud:

Any tips on scrunching? :look:

Do you do this on dripping wet hair or towel-dried? How long does it take to fully dry?

I have a tut in my fotki from 2006 when my hair was shorter. I do my wng during the summer only. Right now I am currently in the process of taking down my braids and cutting off the last of my ends. I will be wearing the wng again for the next week or so and will post pics and my updated reg in the fotki since my hair is twice as long.

How I do my WnG:
  • daily cowashing in the am
  • while hair is wet smooth in oil and conditioner
  • then smooth and scrunch in gel
I usually either have the front twisted/braided or I put on a headband. It's that simple. I have found that only the cheap products work best for my when wearing this style. I use suave conditioners and smooth n shine curl activator gel.
Oh, a honey rinse will make the curls POP! 1T honey in a cup of water after cowash. Do not rinse out.

Thanks! :up:

didn't know one of my recent hair inspirations did em.. sheeeeeit i might have to try it now :lol:

looks great

do you smooth the leave-in or use a spray

Lol, I just use my spray bottle mixture (macadamia nut oil, lacio lacio, and water). Spray lightly and then smooth the gel on the front and nape then scrunch the rest of the hair. Let dry :)

Lol, I just use my spray bottle mixture (macadamia nut oil, lacio lacio, and water). Spray lightly and then smooth the gel on the front and nape then scrunch the rest of the hair. Let dry :)

tomorrow!!!
will be trying it

do you re-do every day?

Thanks MPJ, I do it on dripping wet hair and it takes about....maybe 1.5 hours to fully dry.

As for the scrunching, just take the hair in ur palm and ball-up your fist and repeat. :)

Last edited:

your wash n go's look great! How do you detangle your hair?? You say you apply your products right out of the shower on dripping wet hair? I know if I did this even with detangling with a wide tooth comb my hair dries into a clumpy mess:ohwell:... I feel like I need a Denman or something...

tomorrow!!!
will be trying it

do you re-do every day?

Naw girl, that can get tiring :yep:. I try to mix it up.

Day 1 - I'll wear half up, half down w/ bobby pins. Or use the flower.

Day 2 - Headband

Day 3 - Low ponytail

Etc...until the laziness wears off :grin:.

ETA: I don't detangle at all. Curls better this way. When it's wash day, I'll detangle with conditioner under the water.

Last edited:
I am a relaxed head and I also do a wash-and-go. I have a hard time getting mine to last more than two days though, especially when I have a lot of new growth. But it is a nice method for after a cowash.

I have a tutorial in my Fotki but these are the main steps:

1. Conditioner wash hair (no heavy detangling)
2. Scrunch hair after exiting the shower
3. Scrunch in leave-in conditioner, oil based moisturizer, and spray roots with water based moisturizer (i do not use gel or mousse)
4. Scrunch periodically until curl pattern is satisfactory

ETA: The products I use are: HE Long Term Relationship leave-in, Elasta QP Oil Moisture Recovery, Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1

Sometimes I add a little shine serum afterward.

CIMG4549-1-1-1.jpg

I do wash and go's everyday. I really easy with my short fro.

I cowash at night, and add moisturizer and oil or butter mix (Shea butter mix, or Elasta QP mango butter).
In the morning I just wet hair in the shower.
I spray in a conditioner mix of: cond. water glycerin aloe vera gel.
add oil. Add a head band and go.

I don't always use the conditioner mix, sometimes I just use conditioner and then oil and go. Or I use HE none of your frizzness leave in creme.

For my puff: add conditioner mix and oil. Then add ic gel. Smooth back with a Denman brush and tie with a knee high panty hose, I add a wide head band to hold the end down till its almost dry. I define the curls with the denman brush and go. (pic in siggy)

I have been trying to find something else to use other than the ic gel, cause it drys out my hair. So, I don't do the puff often. I haven't tryed the ic gel in the blue. I'm having a hard time finding it locally.

I have cousins that have bone straight, relaxed hair. They do wash and go's almost everyday. They wet hair, add any type of natural oil mix, or use EVOO and then add Catwalk:curls rock, curl amplifier. They have APL to SBL hair.
I use this to, and it really does define your curls. If you use the curls rock, you only have to spritz with water the next day, scrunch a little and go.

Last edited:
Sorry the pic is so large, I don't know how to resize :ohwell:
I'm relaxed and WnG every other week.

I cowash or wash, then apply my leave in or some conditioner (HE LTR) to soaking wet hair. I'll then use something heavier like QP Mango Butter and seal with oil. Let it dry. It dries curly like this, if I don't detangle it. This can last about 2 days, then I'll cowash again. I sometimes spray my hair with water in the morning to refresh any curls that got smushed while sleeping.

This has been great during my long stretch :yep:

I do it on occasion. I am relaxed also. I use to think I couldn't do this, but here is my regimen: I wash or course, then apply lacio lacio, lottabody, some garnier fructis soft curl cream then I scrunch my hair until I achieve the desired amount of waves, or until I get tired of doing it, whichever comes first. And voila!!

SUNP0088-vi.jpg

I've just started doing the wash and go's, and I've gotten some compliments :grin: so I'm gonna keep going.

My current regimen is as follows, but I'll probably be tweaking it:

*cowash
*use turban towel to soak up extra water (my hair holds A LOT of water)
*scrunch in conditioner and NTM silk touch
*seal with coconut oil
*use hair bands to pull back hair for at least 10 minutes

No pics yet, but I'll probably post some...oh and I'm relaxed, but not completely bone straight, but more than a texlax.

Back