Do You Wash & Go? Post Your Regimen Here!

This is an awesome thread. I'm gonna try this this weekend. I haven't had a bone straight relaxer since the end of February so I don't know if I'm relaxed, texlaxed, transitioning or what. Just know I wanna do something else with my head and I'm not ready to relax.

I need a full shampoo, then I'll try a honey rinse, some conditioner, and StinaStina's curly pudding.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

But if it gets much more complicated than that, back to the blow dryer and flat iron I will go.

I co-wash and then add a little noodlehead curl creme. No scrunching or anything. Then I keep my hands out of it until it dries.

I am relaxed about 90%, I guess. Even when I was bone straight, I could scrunch a bit and get a good wash and go going.

That's my problem...even with my hair up I'm constantly touching my hair cause its so soft...I need to break myself of that.

I know I’m late on this thread but I couldn’t resist trying this wash & go. My results were OK – see below. :nono: I think my ends are too straight. I used Aveda elixir leave in mixed with water in a spray bottle for moisture and some additional Cathy Howse moisturizer. Then I sealed with coconut oil. I scrunched my hair for 10 minutes and my ends were still limp and straight. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, the thicker hair near my roots started to get really frizzy. I ended up scrunching the roots and braiding the ends of my hair. I looked a hot mess going to bed last night. I think I will stick to a full head braidout from now on. The parts I braided look nice in the ponytail. I will be doing a rollerset tonight.

I’m 14 weeks post relaxer. I started out as a stretch and now considering going au naturel. I’m a little hesitant since I’ve been relaxed for 25 years. However, I’ll just save those issues for another post. :ohwell:

I would love to have a WNG like supernova or Cleve_gryl.

Is my hair just too straight or am I using the wrong products?
wngcomments-vi.png

Larger pic of ponytail in my fotki...

Last edited:
I LOVE this thread!!! This is my goal. I'm relaxed and when I reach APL I want to be able to do wash and gos all the time!!!

queen t Cleve_gryl Highlyfavored1 I am loving the wash n gos.

Can anyone tell me how they protect their ends throughout the day when sporting a wash n go? Do you moisturize or oil your ends periodically throughout the day to keep them in their best shape?

I can't wait to reach my goals and wear these styles :yep:

1. I co-wash daily with VO5 or Suave.
2. I apply Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair conditioner to soaking wet hair.
3. Quarter-size amount of evoo from the ends to the roots.
4. If not wearing my hair in a bun. I scrunch using Garnier-Fructis curl sculpting cream-gel.
5. then I flip my hair upside down and use the curl shaping spray gel on the ends.
6. I stlye with a handband or scarf and big hoop earrings. :grin: My hair air-dries and comes out wavy, soft, and shiny. It looks wet all day.

sidenote - i love Garnier-Fructis products!!! I never used them before joining LHCF in Feb. They are inexpensive, effective, and readily available.

(I'll post pics of my hair in my fotki tonight.)

Last edited:
i finally found the perfect WNG...well if 2 weeks of trying can be considered 'finally'.

i cowash with VO5 and leave it ALL IN. i squeeze out the extra water and drape a t-shirt around my shoulders in case i have to dry it and to catch the drips. lately i have been sitting under a fan which feels lovelyyyy.

that's it. it's soft, doesn't shrink, moves, hasn't shrunken, my curls are defined...

did i mention there is like NO SHRINKAGE?!

i finally found the perfect WNG...well if 2 weeks of trying can be considered 'finally'.

i cowash with VO5 and leave it ALL IN. i squeeze out the extra water and drape a t-shirt around my shoulders in case i have to dry it and to catch the drips. lately i have been sitting under a fan which feels lovelyyyy.

that's it. it's soft, doesn't shrink, moves, hasn't shrunken, my curls are defined...

did i mention there is like NO SHRINKAGE?!

That sounds so easy. Do you have any pictures?? Do you think this will work for relaxed hair?

What has been working really well for me (and quite simple!) is conditioner washing with Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner leaving some in (or applying a little after rinsing) and applying clear Fantasia IC Gel. I diffuse dry (maybe that cancels it from being wash and go :perplexed but I can't stand wet hair) and use Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum to finish.

Last edited:
I haven't taken any pics in a while (my avatar is NOT an example of my current results), but I feel like I recently mastered my wash'n'go and its so simple.

What I do is cowash, apply leave-in (Baba de Caracol leave-in or some of my Tressemme Deep Moisture Conditioner), detangle with wide tooth comb, apply castor oil and maybe run the comb through again. Then just don't touch it.

i'm so glad i came in this thread, i thought it was for naturals only.:look: i need to start scrunchin mine. i usually just leave it be, and it comes out lookin like...whats the best way to describe it?

you know how hispanic women jus put a bunch of mousse or somethin in their hair after washing, so its all hard, but wet 'n wavy?

I cowash with Elucence Moisture benefits conditioner, rinse it out then comepletely soak my hair with water.
I then run a glob of the Elucence conditioner thru my soaking hair then let it air dry without manipulating it.
]
IMG_0337-vi.jpg

-co wash with any conditioner, and detangle hair with fingers while conditioner is on hair
-rinse
-apply sunsilk curls and waves or skala avocado conditioner
- put either Fantasia IC gel, Fructis Garnier Soft Curl Cream OR coconut oil on top
- then 'plop'. remove towel after 10 minutes style and airdry

• I’m texlaxed/relaxed and WNG pretty much every time I wash once a week.

• "Wash” could be: ‘poo + DC, co-wash, shikaika/alma/henna wash, etc. Regardless of how I "wash", I dry as follows:
• apply ‘cone free moisturizing leave in to dripping wet hair and cover with plastic cap for a few minutes – I like nexxus headdress or humectress or a dab of glycerin mixed with hyaluronic if I feel "minimalist"
• if need extra protein, apply protein leave in, cover with plastic another couple of minutes – I like lacio lacio, salerm or aphogee green tea spray
• apply oil of choice, focus on ends, cover with plastic another couple of minutes – I like emu, jojoba with a few drops of rosemary
• apply serum of choice, do not cover with plastic, detangle with fingers and let hair hang to air dry with towel draped over shoulders -- I like Zero Frizz Extra serum. If avoiding cones, skip this step
• Once hair is about 80% dry, detangle with large comb and add leave-in with cones – I like NTM silk touch and tie down for bed – hair comes out flat and straight up to 12 weeks post relaxer (Thanks Sylver 2!). If avoiding cones, use cone free leave-in and tie down with scarf
• ***During cold months, I don’t “go” out, I let it dry first
• ***During warm months, I put a headband on and “go”
• I wear a variety of "styles" during the week: straight and out or buns or single large braid, whatever, and maintain by applying moisturizer to ends at night and putting in loose bun or braid for bed. In the morning, undo bun or braid and add serum to ends (oil, if avoiding cones), finger comb if wearing out or rebun and go
• NOTE: I go thru phases when I avoid 'cones and this works either with or without 'cone products
• NOTE: layering" each product and allowing to penetrate/absorb for a few minutes with plastic cap -- longer if I have time. I don’t remember which LHCFer shared this, but this small “tweak” has reaped awesome results

I wash everyday or every other day (w/ a clarifying shampoo, then condition with Aussie Moisture :love:)

After I rinse Aussie out (that's my girl!) I apply Suave conditioner while soaking wet, then I pin my hair up (I leave the conditioner in)

Then I would add a curl activator gel, but since I saw the reviews on the homemade curly pudding, I made some yesterday (half a batch) but I added a mango fragrance oil (I used the black beeswax from Sally's - I won't next time, but it's all I could find) along with a couple of squirts of Organix vanilla conditioner. I applied this today and for those who have been talking about this curly pudding YA'LL WASN'T LYIN!!! (I also added a curl enhancing mousse)

*being natural is so wonderful!!* :wink2:

Scrunching really does make all the difference!

I did a wash-and-go today, taking advice found in this thread, and it actually came out okay! Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

My wash and go regimen. I co-wash my hair with suave coconut conditioner then I apply some infusium then Keracare leave in conditioner, then I apply some Kera care serum and I just basically put my hair in 2 plats and apply a roller at the end then air dry after that I let it out and go.:yep:

I cowash with Elucence Moisture benefits conditioner, rinse it out then comepletely soak my hair with water.
I then run a glob of the Elucence conditioner thru my soaking hair then let it air dry without manipulating it.
]
IMG_0337-vi.jpg

I really like your curls. I'm going to try this method. I agree mines turns out best when I do it soaking wet and don't scrunch!

I co-wash with either V05 (loving the Free Me Freesia) or Suave Aloe & Waterlily. The first ehh ... round? I don't know what to call it but the first time I cleanse I run the conditioner throughout my head then put my head under the water and scrunch then move-away to get a lather. I rub until I think my scalp is clean then rinse. The second ... lather? Yeah, lather. I repeat the first steps, but this time I leave the conditioner on until I'm finished showering. I turn the water to lukewarm/pretty cool and then rinse the conditioner out. I shake my head and then get out the shower! I let my hair drip on my towel while I get dressed then I take a small squirt, like a dime sized amount of whatever conditioner I used to cleanse my hair and rub it in my hands then run my hands from front to back over my hair and the curls just kind of pop into place. Then I take a squirt of Fantasia IC Gel (clear) and some Hot Six or Kemi Oyl and mix it in my hands and then run my hands over my hair from front to back again. I either stop here or apply a bit of Jam to my edges and put on a headband. I'm trying to cut down on the headbands because I don't want any thinning.

1. cowash with honey hemp conditioner or giovanni 50-50. (leave conditioner in while finishing shower then rinse out). squeeze out excess water with my hands while in shower.

2. put on headband or bobby pins and let dry while i'm getting dressed. i don't dry with a towel or anything.

it comes out like my avatar. i'm 4ab.

I'm relaxed/texlaxed or whateva you call it. My WNG is simple.:look:

Wet hurr
Apply conditioner
Smooth hurr to the back
Do just a lil scrunching
Let it air dry

Results- soft WNG

My wash and go regimen. I co-wash my hair with suave coconut conditioner then I apply some infusium then Keracare leave in conditioner, then I apply some Kera care serum and I just basically put my hair in 2 plats and apply a roller at the end then air dry after that I let it out and go.:yep:

I do the same thing, with more plaits. :yep:

I WNG daily....

Co-wash - moisturizing/protein conditioner
Leave-IN - Paul Mitchell - The Conditioner (apply to soaking wet hair)
Moisturizer - Curl Activator mix
Styler - Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Gel, or Aveda Brilliant :lick:, or Fantasia IG gel

Diffuse using COLD setting to get rid of excess water and voila!!

Do you have to use gel? Will it still turn out right? I love the way it looks, but everytime I have tried it in the past, I look like a fluffed out poodle with a bad perm.:perplexed

Back