Do you LEAVE conditioner in your hair that is not a leave-in conditioner??

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay, I was reading a thread (linked below) where a lady washed/cond her hair once a week, put nothing on her hair but CON conditioner on the last 2-3 inches of her hair and wore it in a bun all week (she also airdried and her hair was relaxed every 5 weeks). Her hair grew from her shoulders to 4 inches from her waist (she's 5'3). I found her method very interesting and wanted to know if any of you ladies are doing this or something similar.

Also, Is it okay to leave in your hair non-leave in conditioner? Do you do that? If so, are you seeing positive results from doing that?

Here's the link to the thread I'm referring to, you can check it out if you like:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=5635

Okay, I was reading a thread (linked below) where a lady washed/cond her hair once a week, put nothing on her hair but CON conditioner on the last 2-3 inches of her hair and wore it in a bun all week (she also airdried and her hair was relaxed every 5 weeks). Her hair grew from her shoulders to 4 inches from her waist (she's 5'3). I found her method very interesting and wanted to know if any of you ladies are doing this or something similar.

Also, Is it okay to leave in your hair non-leave in conditioner? Do you do that? If so, are you seeing positive results from doing that?

Here's the link to the thread I'm referring to, you can check it out if you like:

I think you have to be carefull with certain protein conditioners though! ORS OORP jacked up my hair doing this! took a long time to get it back right

Oh, yeah, all the time. I purposefully rinse my hair in such a way that all of the con is not fully rinsed out - it leaves my hair feeling gentler/softer all week.

Wow, I never knew so many ladies did that. OKay, I was really interested in trying this so on the way to work this morning, I stopped at the BSS (yes, it opens at 7AM :lol:) and got CON purple label Nurishing conditioner (moisturizes and detangles) to leave in my hair. Is this a good one to leave in? I figured I should stay away from the ones with protein because that may make a protein overload.

All the time. I use VS very sexy conditioner. Smells divine and is thick and creamy which is great for my 4a thick hair, especially in the back! :grin:

I was doing it with Mane and Tail everyday, but I think that may be a protein?? My hair was stronger and thicker now I do that about 2 times a week. I need to look into using the moisturizing conditioners as a leave in. I have Motion moisture plus, Elasta DPR 11, Motion silk protein, and Queen Helene Cholestrol conditioners. Which would be the best leave in?

I do this with mane n tail for braidouts, and wash n go's

My hair has been so soft and strong since doing this

My stylist even noticed the difference

:grin:

I did when I was younger, I believe that is when my hair was at it healthiest... I was just thinking of doing this again... I also did beer rinses to clarify...I may do that again too.

yep i do it especially if i am going to be in the sun it doesnt allow my hair to get dried out :eek:)

Wow, I never knew so many ladies did that. OKay, I was really interested in trying this so on the way to work this morning, I stopped at the BSS (yes, it opens at 7AM :lol:) and got CON purple label Nurishing conditioner (moisturizes and detangles) to leave in my hair. Is this a good one to leave in? I figured I should stay away from the ones with protein because that may make a protein overload.
I was wondering the same exact thing because I have the CON purple label as well

I was wondering the same exact thing because I have the CON purple label as well
I was thinking that would be a good one because it's ultra moisturising and that's what my hair needs because if I let it, it will get dry and crunchy-brittle:ohwell: But I am open to suggestions on different conditioners if anyone knows of any conditioner that's a better moisturizer that has no protein in it. Because I got this one today, I will start out by using this one. I'm going to start doing that on Monday.

Ladies, when you use conditioner, you're not using any heat, right? I was thinking that I'm gonna just do airdried updos with no heat. I'm going to see how that works for me.

Yep, I use ORS olive oil replenishing pack. I rinse hair in the am, slather in the ors and go to work and then work out. At night when i take my shower I no poo it out. Put some leave in cream in and part hair in sections and cover with scarf. In the morningI eaither add more leav-in cream and do a pony puff or re-wet and put in some ors again.

My hair loves it

Yep, I use ORS olive oil replenishing pack. I rinse hair in the am, slather in the ors and go to work and then work out. At night when i take my shower I no poo it out. Put some leave in cream in and part hair in sections and cover with scarf. In the morningI eaither add more leav-in cream and do a pony puff or re-wet and put in some ors again.

My hair loves it
Yeah? I have the ORS replenishing at home too... man does that stuff smell yummy! :lick:

girl where YOU been? i've been leaving conditioner on my hair for a minute now, and i hear others are having sucess with it too. you have to find the right conditioner for it of course... not all of them are suitable to use as leave-ins without giving you dull hair or flaking, etc. V05 is my tried-and-true :yep:

girl where YOU been? i've been leaving conditioner on my hair for a minute now, and i hear others are having sucess with it too. you have to find the right conditioner for it of course... not all of them are suitable to use as leave-ins without giving you dull hair or flaking, etc. V05 is my tried-and-true :yep:
Chile please, I'm late az usual :lol: Which V05 are you using? To the other ladies that are using V05 too, which are you using?

I leave in conditioner all the time. I find it the best thing for my hair and I don't even have to use other products

My hair loves it
i stopped buying these because i hated paying for the packs...now that i know it is in a bottle maybe i will get it when this buy nothing challenge is up. it does smell really good and give me good curl definition, and now i know i'm not crazy for wanting to use it as a leave-in!

Back