do you ladies detangle on wet, damp or dry hair?

I detangle on..

• wet hair

Votes: 81 54.7%
  • damp hair

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • dry hair

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

IMFOCSD

I noticed that I have alot of hair in my comb when I detangle on wet towel dried, but when i let my hair dry (about 50%) its alot easier with far less hair in the comb..

How do you all feel about detanling hair wet vs dry hair?:grin:

Wet....in the shower with fingers....preferably under running water.....

As far as shedding....I feel like I shed like a dog (its not that much but it is constant....like I could fully detangle in the shower and thinj I got all the sheds out but when I go to prep or style it still comes out like I'm detangling it).......so I just go with the method that gives me less breakage.....which is the one I mentioned

Last edited:
I know this may be weird but i JUST recently figured out hw to detangle my natural hair w minimal shedding and breakage....

in the shower I...
1. detangle with a wide tooth comb while rinsing out my shampoo
2. Detangle w a paddle brush while rinsing out deep conditioner
3. Detangle w a bristle brush while rinsing out detangling conditioner

I wash my hair 1x a week. This method has significantly decreased my ssk, tangling, matting, and shedding on wash days...

Its probably a combination of products and technique

In the shower under running water with a wide tooth comb is best for my roots but I dont do it often
I usually detangle on wet/damp hair covered in KCKT. Love that stuff

In the shower I part my hair with my fingers under running water as I rinse out my conditioner. Once out of the shower I detangle with my fingers as my hair is drying over the 2 hours it takes to dry. Finger detangling only the damp to dry sections at a time. I may run a comb through it all once my hair is about 95% dry.

Damp with good amount of coconut oil and/or conditioner. I do this before I shampoo.

ETA: I use my fingers and one or twice a month, I use my seamless comb.

I comb my hair damp (about 60-80% dry), after I have applied my moisturizer and sealed with light oil to give it a touch of slip. I cannot comb my hair in any other state without tons of breakage.

Wet with lots of conditioner in it. It's much easier for me if it's done under the stream of water from the shower.

Towel dried within 6-7 weeks after relaxer, after that soaking wet. I tried towel dried at the 14 week mark, and it was a tangled disaster!

I am 4B natural, and I cannot detangle on dry hair. I HAVE to have it wet & soaked with a very slippery conditioner.

I know this may be weird but i JUST recently figured out hw to detangle my natural hair w minimal shedding and breakage.... in the shower I... 1. detangle with a wide tooth comb while rinsing out my shampoo 2. Detangle w a paddle brush while rinsing out deep conditioner 3. Detangle w a bristle brush while rinsing out detangling conditioner I wash my hair 1x a week. This method has significantly decreased my ssk, tangling, matting, and shedding on wash days... Its probably a combination of products and technique

I use a lot of conditioner with my hair in two sections. I go through it with a paddle brush and then use a wide tooth comb to clump my curls back together. Using only a paddle brush detangles but gives me no definition.

I do this under running water so I go through about a 30z bottle of Aussie moist a week. Doing it under running water makes the tangles so much easier to brush out, no matter how tangles it is. And it's so much faster than using a wide tooth comb. Takes about five minutes

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

Last edited:
I'm a newly converted SHOWER DETANGLER. I always detangle while rinsing out my condish, under running water with my wide-toothed comb. The tangles literally melt away and I'm done with all four sections in 10minutes or less.

Back