Do you know a Natural alternative to Pink Lotion?

Danniquin

Yes, Pink Lotion!

I may be one of the only people who loves the stuff, but I'm not the only one who has tried it. I need a natural alternative because I'm tempeted to go back to pink lotion but I know that mineral oil is not good for your hair. I was thinking Darcy's botanicals Daily Leave-in based on a review I read, do you know any?

And yes I seriously love pink lotion, it moisturizes my hair really well and didn't stop my growth either. My hair was actually longer when I used it, what really killed my hair was blow drying it everyday!

I really love Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. It's very moisturizing cream-like gel-ish looking moisturizer. It's the bomb digity!

If Pink Lotion worked for you, why not just go back to it? Like they say, what works for some people doesn't work for others.

Anyway, the only natural alternatives I can think of are natural oils like olive and coconut.

Because it's like the Devil here and so I thought I should just stop using it...maybe I will go back to using it

If it aint broke dont fix it. Dont ban everything that has been black labeled on this forum. If your hair likes pink lotion than keep using it. I bet there are few of ladies in here that still use pink lotion every now and then. Its probably a good sealant

Because it's like the Devil here and so I thought I should just stop using it...maybe I will go back to using it

LMBO! If you are looking for an all-natural oil based moisturizer Bee Mine's Hair & Scalp moisturizer is just that. I use it to seal and when I am trying to avoid reversion but need moisture. It's a very nice oil moisturizer. If like the feel of an oil moisturizer - go with it!

For a moisturizer without reversion, I make a Shea Butter and Olive Oil (EVOO) Whip, with whatever extra essential oils you choose. My last one I did, Shea, Olive, Rosemary Essential and Peppermint Essential, and it is Great!:lick:

If it works for you...why give it up..personally I always hated pink lotion...even when I used relaxers...but I'm not giving up anything just cause its black listed here..If my hair likes it then I like it and its as simple as that..I use cones and sulfates...haven't had a reason to give em up...I say all that to say..do what makes ur hair feel good..

I went back to using PINK OIL!! After realizing that my hair likes creams better than gels I done the "unthinkable" lol, I went to sallys and bought me some pink oil and bb oil moisturizing lotion. If you want better ingredients go with the bb oil moisturizer lotion w/castor oil and aloe. It's pink and very similar in consistency to pink oil. There's no mineral oil in it.

I went back to using PINK OIL!! After realizing that my hair likes creams better than gels I done the "unthinkable" lol, I went to sallys and bought me some pink oil and bb oil moisturizing lotion. If you want better ingredients go with the bb oil moisturizer lotion w/castor oil and aloe. It's pink and very similar in consistency to pink oil. There's no mineral oil in it.

I'm on my phone but I can't double check but I believe bb oil moisturizer does have mineral oil in the form of paraffin liquidum

Well, if you want a natural alternative, be prepared to pay 4 or 5 times to price of Pink Lotion for something that may not even work for your hair....a lot of people around here use ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer and swear by it...to me, it's the same as Pink Lotion, only green & it also has petroleum (aka mineral oil family). Some people also use conditioners with mineral oil like Silicon Mix.

Back on topic...I can't think of a single natural moisturizer that I would re-purchase...and I've tried a bunch of them. I would think maybe an oil-based one, like Bee Mine, but I haven't tried it.

I'm on my phone but I can't double check but I believe bb oil moisturizer does have mineral oil in the form of paraffin liquidum

LaFemmeNaturelle you are correct!

Ingredients
Purified Water , Canola Oil , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Castor Oil , Polyquaternium 32 & Paraffinum Liquidum , Aloe Vera Gel , Panthenol , Coconut Oil , Polysorbate 80 , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , D&C Red #33 , Fragrance

LaFemmeNaturelle you are correct!

Ingredients
Purified Water , Canola Oil , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Castor Oil , Polyquaternium 32 & Paraffinum Liquidum , Aloe Vera Gel , Panthenol , Coconut Oil , Polysorbate 80 , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , D&C Red #33 , Fragrance
Sorry, I didn't notice it!!!!!! It's still good stuff ;)

I think I'll try the Bee Mine one because I think she sells samples of it, and if that doesn't work I'm going back to Pink lotion. Thanks yall :)

My ideology is that if it works for you, then use it. I use vaseline/petroleum based products to seal my hair and they work fine for me *kanyeshrug*.

I think you should try BB Oil Moisturizer hair lotion. If it's the mineral oil that you have a problem with in Pink Lotion, this stuff is just like it but with canola and castor oils.

You can get it locally in the ethnic hair care aisle of any drug store, super mart or sally's. I've even seen it occasionally at the dollar general. Cost is less than $3.

SBS-167514

Back