Do you kiss on the first date?

Vinyl

I'm asking for a male friend of mine. It's his first date ever and he's 22. He doesn't want to make a move too soon but he doesn't want her to think he's uninterested. How do you think he should approach this?

I think he should go out and enjoy he date. If he wants to pursue the young lady ask her out again. Let that be the tell tale sign that he is interested.

well yea it depends and yea kissing always doesn't mean he/she is sexually interested.its just a means of showing love not sex.. and kissing in a first date for me is o.k.. sometime you might regret for not kissing... cause he/she has gone already thinking you didn't care about him/her.

It depends on the situation, the date, our chemistry, etc. If it's all in alignment, then I will. But I can really feel you & still not kiss you.

I don't.

If a man tried to kiss me (on the lips) on a first date, he probably wouldn't get a second... I mean, even if we're both feeling something, I'd like to know that he has enough control to wait until the next date.

But, as I always say, that's just me though. :)

I really wanted to starta similar thread but decided against it.

I don't kiss on the first date
But what about the second, third...etc.?
When is kissing acceptable?

He should approach the situation based on the vibe he gets from the young lady. I think a hug and kiss on the cheek would suffice.

I really wanted to starta similar thread but decided against it.

I don't kiss on the first date
But what about the second, third...etc.?
When is kissing acceptable?

Its acceptable when you feel comfortable with it and if you have some sort of chemistry with the person.

The last guy I dated kissed me on the second date. I was talking about something and then
all of a sudden he was kissing me. Luckily I liked him and welcomed the kiss. Had I not been into him, the whole thing would have been a disaster.

Last edited:
I would kiss on the first date if I already had known him for awhile and we worked together or were in class together, etc. and I had been crushing on him. If I was really attracted to him. If he was feeling me too. I think a kiss on the first date with the right person can be really nice. I wouldn't do anything else though.

Current SO, I didn't kiss on the first nor the second. When we spoke after the 2nd date he admitted that he really wanted to kiss me and I said the same thing. I did give him the opportunity, but he said he thought I had sent off the "kiss me" vibe but he didn't take any action because he didn't want to be wrong. So at the beginning of our 3rd date we got that out of the way and we have been kissing since then.

I wouldn't.
I have though.
I have kissed BEFORE the first date :giggle:
But my suggestion would be like the other poster said, if she says yes to date #2 then she's interested. It's better to leave her wanting a kiss, than to go in for a kiss too early. Let the chemistry build. Tell him not to rush it!

Hopefully I'll be able to update you guys on this story, although it looks like he's having trouble getting to the dating stage. We'll see!

Well, he should just gauge how the date is going and see if it feels appropriate to kiss her at the end of the evening.

As for me, no, I don't kiss on first dates.:nono:

he's worried about the wrong thing :lol:
what he should be focusing on is that the girl has a great date with him. THAT'S top priority! and if that first date goes well, he can look forward to having a second date. Maybe then IF the mood and chemistry is right, there can be a quick peck on the lips.

i see it on those reality TV shows often: the guy who has never dated and finally has a date and the big thing he's concerned about is the kiss. Well he may be planning to kiss her, but if that date doesn't go well (whether it's the first, second, or 5th), then she won't be wanting to kiss him!

I do not kiss on the first date... though I haven't had a lot of first dates... and most of the ones I go on, I'm usually not interested at all to even think about kissing them at any stage:look:

I was kissed by someone on the first date too. It was a surprise and I didn't react quickly enough:lol: I was like dang, so i need to make it clear and EXPLICIT that i don't want his lips on mine so soon?
And what do you know? that guy was trying to rush things to points I wasn't even thinking about pretty soon after:eek: had to nip that in the bud quick.

I would never kiss (on the lips) on the first date. Until you know enough about his past- it's a no-go. You can catch certain sexual diseases from kissing.

As you can probably tell, I take it slow.

I generally don't like to be kissed on a first date (not on the lips). I prefer a firm hug and a peck on the cheek followed by a goodnight.

Back