Making The First Move...yay Or Nay?

Again, I am a Christian too:yep:. I guess we just see things differently. Or maybe you are just more devout than me. Or maybe the men you are around are different than the men I've been around. Idk. I do remember Bunny years ago talking about how the church isn't always the most helpful in assisting young black women with finding appropriate mates and navigating the dating or courting world. To some degree the church seems to ignore women's needs, especially black women's romantic needs. And I'm talking about the church as an institution not Christianity, the religion. I wish you the best and hope things work out for you romantically. And no problem with asking a question.

Awww Bunny... I miss her.... :) And yes she is RIGHT. It doesn't always help out the single BLACK women w/finding suitable marriage mates. But oh well.... #shrug

I figure that if I'm nice, friendly, and a warm person, SOMEONE eventually will take an interest. I don't feel like I have to "do" anything in other words to attract a guys' attention. Almost all of the guys who liked me in the past were guys I didn't do anything to or initiate things with. I'm not saying that being flirty doesn't help...I'm sure it does. :yep: I'm just saying that I don't have to be that way in order to attract attention. I think men automatically look at women anyway...it's a given lol. :lol:

I'll just stop thinking about it so much... I've already given up "the search" lol :lol: :lol: A lot of times people say love happens when you're not looking and when you least expect it anyway haha.... We'll see about that, because I am definitely not expecting it this year lol.... :giggle:

I figure that if I'm nice, friendly, and a warm person, SOMEONE eventually will take an interest. I don't feel like I have to "do" anything in other words to attract a guys' attention. Almost all of the guys who liked me in the past were guys I didn't do anything to or initiate things with. I'm not saying that being flirty doesn't help...I'm sure it does. :yep: I'm just saying that I don't have to be that way in order to attract attention. I think men automatically look at women anyway...it's a given lol. :lol:
I've had men say they saw me from a far in the supermarket, school, walking down the street. I didn't see the man. Where did he come from? Spooky if you ask me lol. The "look" helps but it is definitely not necessary. I have literally been approached out on days from the above scenario and did not see them coming.

Back