Do you have a secret stash of money....

When I was married, DH knew I had a bank account on the side with my rainy day fund. I tried to stress to him to have a rainy day fund.

It's not a secret since he is the main one funding it. It has been coming out of his check since forever. He doesn't know how much is in it and doesn't care. I have all the access and codes to it though. Q

yep, a secret fund that he doesnt know about nor is he the beneficiary upon my death

every woman should have a fund hat her husband doesnt know about

It's my money and it's not hidden. I don't tell him about my financial affairs. Even if I was married I'm still going have my own money that he has nothing to with.

I'm not married, nor do I have a partner. But I really do think it is important for everyone to have a seperate savings account. I mean, you never really can trust people these days and it's just better to be safe than sorry...Now, I don't believe it has to be a secret...not unless you just want it to be.

If I get married, I think I'd probably keep mines a secret until I felt the need to let my husband know it (i.e. some pressing financial emergency comes up, etc).

My mother told me and my five sisters to always keep some money set aside that the husband doesn't know about. Several years ago a co-worker mentioned that she had managed to save some money and then mentioned it to her husband. As soon as he found out about it he found a reason for them to spend it. :ohwell:

My mother told me and my five sisters to always keep some money set aside that the husband doesn't know about. Several years ago a co-worker mentioned that she had managed to save some money and then mentioned it to her husband. As soon as he found out about it he found a reason for them to spend it. :ohwell:
fkin as* whole
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
thats just why i wont say shyt to my husband to be

I would do the same.

I dont know why it has to be a secret. Both people should have their own separate savings, in addition to a joint savings (if they have one).

I agree with the yours, mines our aspect to accounts but I also believe a woman should have an additional secret account... history has shown me that as soon as he finds out about the stash, he will suddenly be short that amount of money or wont have $ to contribute to something....

or for when he acts a plumb fool... Madea aint taught yall nuffin?? :grin::grin::grin:

I agree with the yours, mines our aspect to accounts but I also believe a woman should have an additional secret account... history has shown me that as soon as he finds out about the stash, he will suddenly be short that amount of money or wont have $ to contribute to something....

or for when he acts a plumb fool... Madea aint taught yall nuffin?? :grin::grin::grin:

I see what you're saying. You reminded me to get that madea book:grin:

It's my money and it's not hidden. I don't tell him about my financial affairs. Even if I was married I'm still going have my own money that he has nothing to with.

Ditto!

Once we get married we'll START a savings/checking account together, but no merging. What's mines will still be mines, and I will still contribute to it.

I won't nec. hide it, but he won't know the balance.

My husband knows and it's not an issue at all. He has his own as well. No biggie. Q

Back