Do You Have A Favorite

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Product line?

If you glance at your stash, which brand is the most abundant?

I know for some of us "These curls ain't loyal" (in my Chris Brown voice) and we use multiple lines at once.

I'm sure you can guess my fave... hint: it starts with a K

Joico. and when I stray I return to Joico. The Joico K Pak Intense Hydrator seems to be the very best conditioner there is for my hair. I buy it by the liter. Just ordered one a little while ago actually :lol:. I also use the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner and the K Pac Reconstructor as well as the K Pak shampoo and conditioner.

For cleansing conditioner Wen 613 and Fig. For DC's, I have a couple of staples including Macadamia Natural Oil deep conditioning masque, Vatika Black Seed hair masque, JMRB and SM Raw Shea Butter restorative mask.

For oils, staples include Avocado, Almond, Grapeseed and Castor. For stylers Camille Rose products are quickly becoming holy grails.

Favorite brands depends on product.

Shampoo: Redken
Protein treatments: Curl Junkie, Claudie's Hair Revitalizer
DCs: Silk Dreams, Bobeam Naturals, and Mielle Organics
LIs: APB, LRC, and Mielle Organics
Butters: APB and MHC
Oils: APB and Hairveda
I'm not loyal to certain brands for moisturizers...yet

I'm not sure I could narrow down to just one brand for everything.

Last edited:
I like the Type 3 Cream more than the Type 4. The type 4 seems to be too heavy for me.

I miss when MHC had 4 oz sizes.

I haven't tried the Type 3 Creme but after seeing the ingredient list on it, the mango butter so high up will probably make it a no for me. I doubt the kukui and sunflower butters can balance it out for me. I do have a jar of Sophia's Hair Grease to try out.

The T4 is just the right balance between light and heavy for me. No matter if I go heavy or light in application, it does me right every time.

Back