Do You Have A Favorite

Aphogee.(complete line) NTM, and Hawaiian Silky moisturizer seem to be my staples..
Oils... Any of them depending on what I'm trying to accomplish. They all are good for one thing or the other.

I haven't tried the Type 3 Creme but after seeing the ingredient list on it, the mango butter so high up will probably make it a no for me. I doubt the kukui and sunflower butters can balance it out for me. I do have a jar of Sophia's Hair Grease to try out.

The T4 is just the right balance between light and heavy for me. No matter if I go heavy or light in application, it does me right every time.
oooh, I love the Sophia grease to seal/twist with. The shineeeeeee and smell!!!!

Yes, their retailers are not supposed to send products to TJMaxx and Marshalls so Joico is asking that people report it if they see it and people are actually doing so. Who argues against cheaper prices?

Well that's good to know. Glad I've been trying out cheaper alternatives so it won't be a loss when it's not available there anymore.

All black owned-indie brands

Obia Naturals - Main styler
Mielle Organics - Shampoo/Condish/Oil
The Mane Choice - Shampoo/Condish(s)/Leave In/Oil
Kinky Curly - Leave In

And I recently got my hands on some old school BBD Stretch Growth Creme Reconstructor

@ the bolded: In the name of Jesus?

Like, how, Sway?

That stuff is so good. I am so happy for you, girl! Congratulations on the comeup!

Hairveda.

I live for the Sitranillah DC and Moisture 24/7 Conditioner.

Hairveda got me looking at my ex-BFF Giovanni like,
x9phijwij9ohagoeykey.gif

If I had to rely on one brand, it would be Joico Moisture Recovery line. But since using one brand is not happening anytime soon, here's my faves list...

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe | Carol's Daughter Monoi
Conditioner: Joico Moisture Recovery Balm | Silk Elements Kera Minerals | Naturelle Grow Mango and Coconut Water
Protein: Komaza Protein Strengthener
LI: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus
Oil: Avocado | JBCO | MoroccanOil | Argan Oil

@SuchaLady, you should be on Joico payroll. You've recruited so many of us. That moisture recovery balm trumps any professional DCner I've tried.

ETA: pulls out T4 Creme tonight based on the awesome compliments.

I second this! @SuchaLady definitely put us on to something great. I don't care if it's not in discount stores as price is not a determinating factor in me buying products my hair loves...this will always be in my hair stash as long as it's being produced. My TJ Maxx is full of this line and I'll continue to purchase it from there and when that's all said and done, I'll get it from Ulta or straight from Joico.

tumblr_n3ocg4fsxh1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Last edited:
I second this! @SuchaLady definitely put us on to something great. I don't care if it's not in discount stores as price is not a determinating factor in me buying products my hair loves...this will always be in my hair stash as long as it's being produced. My TJ Maxx is full of this line and I'll continue to purchase it from there and when that's all said and done, I'll get it from Ulta or straight from Joico.

View attachment 356063

Yeah when I first started using it I bought it full price so I don't mind at all. It's just going back to full price that's gonna make me sad :sad: the TJMaxx thing is something that's been ongoing so if your store hasn't been affected it probably won't be. I just recently followed them on Instagram and was shocked to see people actually reporting it. Like why?

Hmmm, this is hard because some brands I went hard for in past, I've moved away from.

Joico will probably always be a fave fall back line. Love KPak
Big fan of Phyto products, just not the prices.

Currently falling in love with Hydratherma Naturals and The Mane Choice.

These days I'm loving Hydratherma.

Jessie Curl DC is a recent repeat buy so that might become a staple.

I've bought a few Joico products and I love them as well. Same for Oiudad.

Bee Mine Bee-u-ti-ful DC - have a few bottles of these on deck. Awesome stuff.

If I had to say what brand I have the most of it would probably be Curl Junkie. I do love almost everything I've tried in this line and I have tried a good selection.

I wish I could stay loyal to one brand but I'm a pj so I need to try them all. Plus, I generally use what my hair needs at the moment and that changes. Ask me again in 6 months!!

Right now I'm loving:

Shampoo: Keracare's 1st Lather shampoo and the Moisture Hydrating shampoo (both are sulfate-free), also Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating poo and the moisture poo in this line:lick:.

Kerastase Masks, (and I mean just about all of them) I'm working on which styling products in this line I'll be purchasing. Most likely it will be serums but need to do some research on their other products to see if I can use them.

Rinse out conditioners and treatments: almost everything Redken

Leave-ins: Redken Extreme Anti-Snap and Biolage Hydrasource Tonic

Moisturizers: Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer and Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil.

I have staples by category. I try new stuff for fun but always return to the following:

Cleansers- Bobeam & LUSH bars
Conditioners - Nubian Heritage & SheaMoisture
Refresher Mists - Jane Carter & Oyin Handmade
Oils/Pomades - Sunny Isle & Tropic Isle
Moisturizer/Stylers - Afroveda & Qhemet Biologics
Butters - Butters-n-Bars.com
Herbal Treatments - Auromere, Darbur, Hesh & Wiseways Herbals

Back