DO YOU FLAT IRON HAIR WITH OR WITHOUT OILS?

sterry

I have never used a flat iron on my hair.

I thought it best to place at least a heat protectant on my hair as I do when I press.

With a flat iron. Is it best to do so without or without oils.
And what do you ladies used for a sleek, bouncy flat iron.
I have natural hair.

You can use WGO to flat iron. Or you can use Neutrogena healing shine serum,Biosilk silk therapy, or elasta qp mango butter.

That is a good question Sterry. I've never used a flat iron either so I'm taking notes,
fan.gif
in case I ever do.

Keracare silk n seal, or some kind of serum. I was thinking about trying PM seal and shine or something like that...I also think the quality of your flat iron affects how good it comes out...I got a crappy cheap one that Im returning to Sallys, it didnt even have a temp control. Im going to invest in HAI or CHI/FHI ceramic iron, Ive seen them for 55-65 online lately.

I normally use leave-in conditioner (then let air dry) and then I'll add a little serum once it's dry.

[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
I have never used a flat iron on my hair.

I thought it best to place at least a heat protectant on my hair as I do when I press. With a flat iron. Is it best to do so without or without oils.
And what do you ladies used for a sleek, bouncy flat iron.
I have natural hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apply an oil sheen spray to my hair prior to flat ironing. It works well for me.

BTW: I have relaxed hair.

northernbelle

I cant use oils on my hair when flat ironing because it makes my hair look heavy and greasy. I use keracare Jojoba oil moisturiser.

My hair is natural. I oil my hair while it's wet, air dry then flatiron. I add oil while ironing if needed. I don't use heat protectants.

I never wore my hair stick straight. I rollerset my hair with a creamy leave-in (Salerm 21) then dry under the hood dryer. I take the rollers out, without combing my hair down. Then I flat iron the roots only. When I am done, I throw a touch of serum over the hair.

Depends on the type of look I am trying to achieve.

If I just want straight hair that I will be wearing in a bun. I use oils on my hair. I won't be worried about my hair feeling and looking weighed down because it will be in a bun.

If I want bouncing swinging hair I use a little leave in conditioner with lotta body setting lotion. I then use a small amount of spritz and then flatiron. This leaves me with swing shine and bounce. I usually follow up with some sort of shine serum.

I let my hair air dry with some serum(about a quarter size) a relaxing creme(about a quarter size)(Like FrizzEase by John Frieda) and some a spray leave-in. Once my hair is dry, I may put a like oil on the ends, and flat iron. It takes about one hour to do my whole head, I don't know if I am slow or if my hair is too thick..

After I have used a pre-poo that's made of oils, I only use a leave-in to FI. I allow it to airdry and then flat-iron, like Allandra.

Hmmmm, I think I'll add serum when I finish from now on.

L'oreal Smooth Intense Serum makes my hair very light and airy when I use it to flat iron. Also I'm very heavy-handed with products and no matter how much you use of this stuff it never produces negative results. I wash and condition my hair and then put the serum throughout my hair and dry under my soft-bonnet dryer in two ponytails with the ends clipped to the top of my head to keep them straight. Once it's dry, I flat iron my hair. It's also excellent for rollersets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

After I wash I use WGO and NTM cream leave in, after my hair is dry I flat iron. My hair is not greasy but you can feel the coating of WGO in a good way /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also just discovered Redken Heat Glide which I put on after I wash and flat iron afterwards; it's not greasy AT ALL and left my hair like I blow dried it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although I don't own a flat iron, I use my Ceramic 2" Conair curling iron like a flat iron to get the same results. I never used oil until a few weeks ago, now I'll use it from now on. I use Wild Growth Oil.

Back