Do You Deep Condition with A Steamer?

Do you deep condition with a steamer?

• I always use a steamer.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I use a steamer most of the time.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I use a steamer sometimes.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never use a steamer. Dry heat/air dyring is fine.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

Do you use a steamer when deep conditioning your hair?

How often do you use it, and what changes have you noticed in your hair's overall health ever since you began using them?

Also, how long do you steam your hair?

I do....the goal is once a week but atleast every other week. Hair is musch more moisturized. I steam for 30-45 mins

I steam once a week for thirty minutes. Steaming has improved the overall health of my hair. I attribute my retention to steaming regularly.

I use steam when moisturizing, and heat for protein treatments. I try to steam for at least 20-30 minutes every other week. I'm sure it is benefiting my hair, but I haven't noticed any instant results.

I saw an article about the Huetiful hair steamer probably at the start of the year and it seemed interesting but I wasn't willing to take the plunge just yet.

When I found my new salon in April my stylist put me under their steamer with my deep conditioner and I felt a huge difference in my hair before she even washed it out. I later bought the same DC used in my salon and used it on my hair and just let it sit. I noticed the results were different minus the steamer. The next time I washed my hair at home with the same DC I spent some time in the shower with the DC in my hair and allowed the steam of the shower to do some work on my hair and I noticed a slight difference. When I went back to my stylist I noticed the same super moisturizing results after coming out from under the steamer. So now I'm in save mode to buy my own steamer. Until then I let my DC sit for 30 minutes and when I get back in the shower I shave my legs or find something else to do for a while and let the steam do some magic (not the same as a steamer but it'll do for now).

I use steam when moisturizing, and heat for protein treatments. I try to steam for at least 20-30 minutes every other week. I'm sure it is benefiting my hair, but I haven't noticed any instant results.

This is the routine I wanted to get into. What heat do you use for your protein treatments?

I steam 95% of the time. I loooove steaming in my moisture and protein deep conditioners.

I'm looking into purchasing a steamer and am interested in more responses.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Yep.:yep:

I Steam/Deep Condition 100% of time x2 per week.

Extremely Moisturized/Well Conditioned Hair.

Time, it depends. Anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour.

The Timer lasts for 1 hour.

I steam about half of the time for 20 minutes or so. It has definitely helped the overall health of my hair and has been a quick fix when my hair has been really dry or is suffering from protein overload. But 10-15 minutes in the shower works just as well for me. I think the steamer is nice to have and will work its magic with even a subpar DC or just oils or water, but if you have a solid DC, you do just a well using the steam during a shower or some form of body heat.

IDareT'sHair What steamer do you use? Does the type of conditioner or ingredients used matter a lot or will any high quality condish do?

I've been meaning to ask you about steaming so I"m so glad the OP started this thread :giggle:

I steam once a week, every week with conditioner, for about 45 mins. My hair is super moisturized, soft and shiny.

Luv it and I'll never give it up.

I do deep condition and I really make an effort to steam but sometimes my schedule is too demanding to sit under the steamer but my hair greatly benefits from it. Since using my steamer the health of my hair has tremendously increased.

I have a Heutiful steamer and a standing steamer and I really like them both. Lots of people have no idea how beneficial and critical steaming really is for the hair.

Do you use a steamer when deep conditioning your hair?

How often do you use it, and what changes have you noticed in your hair's overall health ever since you began using them?

Also, how long do you steam your hair?

I do. I consider oct a deep conditioner and I steam with that once a week unless I am in a rush.

I steam my hair until the Huetiful steamer times out. I think that is about 15 minutes?

I don't believe my steamer makes as much of a difference as the conditioner I steam with. When I use a great conditioner my hair feels great. When I use a not so great conditioner my hair still feels rough with or without steam. I like to sit and let it work. It's faster than the overnight deep conditioning I used to do.

@Raspberry

No, I don't think it matters the 'type' of conditioners or ingredients.

Enjoy it with your Favorite Conditioners.:lol:

ETA: Deep Conditioners

Last edited:
Arian

I think the other one only goes maybe 20-30 minutes and you can use tap water (instead of distilled only).

Actually, I'm not sure as far as performance goes. I've had mine since late 2008 and it was the only kind they sold back then.

When I purchased mine, it was originally SalonsRUs which became LCL Beauty.

I want one hella bad! I'm relaxed and color-treated and I just know this is the one product that will take my hair to the next level!

I bought the LCL pro-steamer earlier this year and I LOVE IT!! I will never, ever DC without my steamer; I steam DC once a week, my hair feels thicker and stays moisturized much longer because of it.

Raspberry I think you will be very Pleased with it. :grin:

The only 'complaint' (if you will) that I've heard about this one, is that it takes up Space.

It hasn't been an issue for me tho'.:ohwell:

Back