So I bought a hair steamer. Now what???

I have the same one that the OP has. It was delivered on Sat. but I got my braids on Fri. Can I use it with braids or will it burn my scalp cause the braids are so fresh?

i have the same steamer, turn both knobs on...this will give u steam but not as high as if u were to turn on just the red knob...it gives out slightly warmer than lukewarm so no burns...hth

I ... can't ... do ... it!

I can not wait to STEAM! This steamer has been mocking me so I will steam TODAY instead of Wednesday.

:brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog::brainfog:

I am mixing up some henna right now. :look: :evillaugh:

I'm getting this steamer right now.:perplexed

I want to steam. Darn it!:wallbash:

Why is it sold out :ohwell: O.k. I didn't read that it will be back in stock on the 27th.

Last edited:
Taz,

I haven't checked in this thread, but when are we steaming? I'm steaming on Saturday.

Taz,

I haven't checked in this thread, but when are we steaming? I'm steaming on Saturday.

Yodie,

I will steam again with you on Saturday. How often do you DC? How about steaming 1-2 times a week? I will probably steam twice a week as I do a lot of protein treatments.

Anyone else wanna join? (Uh oh, I feel a challenge comin' on!)

I will so join yall once I get my steamer. Or even better I think I will go search for Samanthajones original thread so maybe I can do her version until I buy my steamer.

Yodie,

I will steam again with you on Saturday. How often do you DC? How about steaming 1-2 times a week? I will probably steam twice a week as I do a lot of protein treatments.

Anyone else wanna join? (Uh oh, I feel a challenge comin' on!)

yay...so how did it go? i guess ill be steaming wed and saturday....1-2/week sounds good to me

I am still under the steamer with my henna/indigo treatment. I will saran wrap my hair with the henndigo in tonight and go to sleep. I will rinse out the henndigo and do a final indigo only treatment with steam in the morning for one hour.

Then I will either rollerset or blow dry and flat iron. I will post a picture then.

(Yes, I do have the week off of work and the twins are in school! Yay, for a much needed beauty week and a great husband!)

Ok, I think that I may have over done it with the protein and henna/indigo. My hair feels really dry.

The steamer is awesome though! I will be on moisture mode over the next few weeks...

New picture in my signature

OK, y'all. I NEED help with this steaming thing. How do you steam? Do you steam with or without a plastic cap? How long do you steam? Do you steam on "full blast"? If you have a steamer like mine, do you turn on the amber and the red switches both, or just one?

Is it possible to burn your hair?

Replies pretty please :grin:

I steam without a plastic cap for 30 minutes. I steam on full blast using just the red button. Not sure if you can burn your hair...I certainly hope not:(

I haven't steamed ever but I read a few of the threads and I think most steam without a cap. Also I would think you would treat it like any dc and however long you dc you would steam. I don't know about the full blast.

I steam full blast with just the red bottom (or whatever the one is furthest to the right)
Do not wear a cap-that defeats the purpose--the only reason you wear a cap under the dryer is to create steam
I think it is possible to burn your hair because of that really hot metal piece that your hair could touch or lay on and get burnt....I have been thinking of ways to defeat this problem

Hiya fellow steamies!

I steamed again today and it was PERFECT! Here is what I did:

My hair was feeling like STRAW and was breaking bad. I think it was because of the back to back hair protein and henndigo treatments.

So I warmed up a Phytospecific hot oil treatment and applied it to my hair and went to sleep. This morning, I mixed AO Honeysuckle Rose with EVOO (Honeysuckle Rose made my hair feel like BRICKS the last time that I used it but I was desperate.) I then steamed without a cap for 30 minutes and OMG my hair was beautiful, I am in love again!

I will stock up on the Phyto (as soon as I get some money :look:).

Back