do you color with your scarf on?

Lilmama1011

It was a discussion going on Facebook and most men do not like it. I responded by saying "so you should risk damaging your hair causing tangles and have to do your hair after ? " this was a response from someone.

ForumRunner_20140524_010326.jpg

Who do you side with? I feel like they need to get over it or move on if it's that hideous. I do try to put earrings on with a scarf and my lips glossed. And sometimes i dont do neither.I can't just sleep on a satin pillowcase either doesn't feel protected enough. And most of all my man isn't complaining either. He said something at first but got over it

The men were polled in another status and they absolutely hate it no one wants to have sexual relations with someone looking like a runaway slave or Aunt Jemima lol...its just not sexy you can tie ya hair back up later."

This is what it says in case you can't see

The men were polled in another status and they absolutely hate it no one wants to have sexual relations with someone looking like a runaway slave or Aunt Jemima lol...its just not sexy you can tie ya hair back up later."

This is what it says in case you can't see

I agree lol.

.... said the Phablet

Whatever on that. I think if people are in relationships and they are in the mood a scarf or bonnet will not get in the way. I forget that it's on bc I am not thinking of it and SO clearly isn't either lol.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Especially when some men are coloring with du rags on. I have never heard any woman complain about that.

I like spontaneous coloring anyway so he betta catch me on the go rather than after I have showered and prepared for bed.

No Lilmama No...:nono:

Unless of course it was a sneak attack, and you where ambushed like a family intervention, and you had no time to whip out the long luxurious tresses. No Darlin...:lol:

No. I don't find it attractive. I just use the satin pillowcase.

I don't really understand though. Every position isn't going to mess up hair. :look: If my SO said he really didn't like a bonnet I would explain the practicality. However, I would compromise and have a bonnet off day once a week, or every two weeks on the understanding that there's no positions where my heads going to be rubbing 24/7 on the pillow :lol:. There are plenty to choose from and a bed doesn't need to be involved. :drunk:

My SO does certain things for me too here and there even though he's not personally bothered. Just to treat me.

No. I don't find it attractive. I just use the satin pillowcase.

I don't really understand though. Every position isn't going to mess up hair. :look:

Sweating does. If a scarf is on holding the hair in place (like holding it down flat) then the sweating doesn't have as much impact. At least that's been my previous experience and similar experience with wearing a bandana during work outs.

When I was dating and trying to be cute, no I never wore it. But I paid for it later with frizzy curls. I hated that. Being married, and happy and comfortable in my marriage, my bonnet stays on lol. He knows what I have up under there.

No I dont, and I totally understand where they are coming from. If dh got into bed with a doo rag or wave cap on I'd be completely turned off.

I dont wear one *guilty look*

but if i had one on and he asked me to take it off, i probably would. But if he didn't mention it, I would leave it on.

Last edited:
If I'm not wearing it, I won't go put it on. But if I'm wearing it, I don't take it off.

Same here. Once when my SO and I were about to start coloring, he stops and asks, "Do you want me to get your bonnet, so you don't mess up your hair?" :lol:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Same here. Once when my SO and I were about to start coloring, he stops and asks, "Do you want me to get your bonnet, so you don't mess up your hair?" :lol: Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

I had a SO like this in the past. It cracked me up when he asked that. :lol:

As for current SO, if we are about to color at bedtime, then yes the scarf/bonnet is on, and I don't think he cares either way about it.

I did the at home thing without a scarf and my hair was soooo sweated out, tangled and just a hot mess. I loss so much hair detangling. My advice for men is don't wait until she puts it on. Because nine times out of ten she isn't going to run and put it on if it's already started it up. I don't mind my man with a du rag on. He mostly doesn't wear one but I don't mind either way.

I remember a girl in high school telling me how busted her hair was after coloring and that her solution is to put on a scarf. I think the way erikah byduh (however she spells her name ) ties her scarf is cute with hoop earrings but with that big behind knot in the back you will not be on your back, that's for sure

Same here. Once when my SO and I were about to start coloring, he stops and asks, "Do you want me to get your bonnet, so you don't mess up your hair?" :lol: Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

I had an ex that remind me to get my scarf before I went to bed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back