Scarf Wearing ,Married or CoHabitating Women!!!

Re: Scarf Wearing ,Married or CoHabitating Women!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if I'm hijacking this thread...

I'm thinking of ditching my scarf and bonnet and just sleep on my satin pillowcase. Does anyone know if my rollersets/blowouts will look fresh in the morning?

There's a girl at my job who gets her hair blowdried and curled every two weeks and her style lasts a full 7 days and she never wears anything on her head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find I can't sleep as well if I keep my hair loose. I have to wear a bonnet, so I'll know at all times where my hair is.

If I don't, my hair is all over the place and that looks way worse than any bonnet!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on how much you shift against your pillow in the night. Any flyaway could be smoothed into place with a serum or oil.

I do know of a girl who always had the just-walked-out-of-the-salon look. She didn't sleep with anything on her head. She didn't get a good night sleep either because her secret was to prop her head up off the pillow with her arm all night...waking up somewhere in the middle of the night to sit up and switch to the other arm. Sounds a lot like hard work to me.
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw hell no!

[ QUOTE ]
My hubby doesn't mind. Or at least he hasn't said anything. Hell he wears a doorag to bed and I don't say nuffin 'bout it!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are never supposed to say anything. Only men get to do the complaining. Didn't you know?
frown.gif
(sniff)

Luckily, I'm single so I don't have to worry about it. I'm taking advantage of it now so that I try all the funky overnight oil treatments, noisy plastic caps, scarves, etc. without having to hear any complaints or feel self conscious. If my BF ever complained he'd get that look. You know the "don't even go there look cuz you know you don't want me to go off on you" and that would be the end of that.
rofl.gif

The older women in my family have always cautioned the younger women about "getting comfortable" wearing scarves and looking "tore-up" or like an old maid at home (in front of your man/BF/husband). They reason that men are visual beings and will have ample opportunities to see other beautiful women at their best all the time in public/work/TV (cause he doesn't have to live with them). They look, they stare, they visualize, they want....then they gotta turn over and see you..."lookin' like who did it and what fa!"
rofl.gif
Fantasy over. You're over there
sleep8.gif
away and he's wanting to
fishslap.gif
you for looking
antlers.gif
when all he wants
bdance.gif

Not my feelings...just what I've been told.

[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, I'm single so I don't have to worry about it. I'm taking advantage of it now so that I try all the funky overnight oil treatments, noisy plastic caps, scarves, etc. without having to hear any complaints or feel self conscious. If my BF ever complained he'd get that look. You know the "don't even go there look cuz you know you don't want me to go off on you" and that would be the end of that.
rofl.gif

The older women in my family have always cautioned the younger women about "getting comfortable" wearing scarves and looking "tore-up" or like an old maid at home (in front of your man/BF/husband). They reason that men are visual beings and will have ample opportunities to see other beautiful women at their best all the time in public/work/TV (cause he doesn't have to live with them). They look, they stare, they visualize, they want....then they gotta turn over and see you..."lookin' like who did it and what fa!"
rofl.gif
Fantasy over. You're over there
sleep8.gif
away and he's wanting to
fishslap.gif
you for looking
antlers.gif
when all he wants
bdance.gif

Not my feelings...just what I've been told.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so utterly ridiculous!

So I guess these same older ladies cautioned the younger set not to get sick either, and you sure as HELL better not let him see you give birth!

There is nothing wrong with maintaining yourself in front of your man.

As long as you look GOOD when you go outside, that should be the only thing that matters.

You're not wearing the scarf to the grocery store, only to bed. What's the big deal!?

If your man is that damn superficial, find a new one. He doesn't have your best interests at heart anyway.

YOUR HAIR!

Blossom --First of all calm down girl --I'm not suggesting a way of life here I was just sharing. And I can't speak from personal experience cause like I said in the previous post...I ain't got no man.
rofl.gif
Serioulsy though, it may be ridiculous but it is a reality for many women. I know women whose husbands have never seen them without make-up...in 20 years! Women who wake up hours before their husbands to get primped & pretty (they don't even work), women who've had that tattoo cosmetics procedure so that they are always wearing their eyeliner/lipstick or whatever. Is it insecurity? Culture? Who knows.

You must always protect your hair when you go to bed. Never mind your boyfriend/husband. I have a recently purchased pumpkin orange bonnet that makes my head look very pumpkin-ish to say the least. Yeah, I got teased by my boyfriend and my son but so be it. In the morning, I'm still cute and finished with my hair in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Blossom --First of all calm down girl --I'm not suggesting a way of life here I was just sharing. And I can't speak from personal experience cause like I said in the previous post...I ain't got no man.
rofl.gif
Serioulsy though, it may be ridiculous but it is a reality for many women. I know women whose husbands have never seen them without make-up...in 20 years! Women who wake up hours before their husbands to get primped & pretty (they don't even work), women who've had that tattoo cosmetics procedure so that they are always wearing their eyeliner/lipstick or whatever. Is it insecurity? Culture? Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try stupidity... never seen without makeup?!? What if the husband gets up in the middle of the night and turns on the light? LOL!

Very funny story, I was getting busy the other day and I guess he didn't like the satin bonnet or it wasn't sexy enough for him... he just reached up in mid-stroke and pulled it off my head
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very funny story, I was getting busy the other day and I guess he didn't like the satin bonnet or it wasn't sexy enough for him... he just reached up in mid-stroke and pulled it off my head
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I've started wearing a satin scarf a month ago and my husband keeps asking me if I'm posing for a Aunt Gemima commercial. I tell him that I'm Black, and Black women have to wear those scarfs to bed or our hair gets too damaged.
I used to wear scarfs before I got married, but stopped because I was embarassed of wearing them in front of him. Now I'm not embarrassed anymore. sometimes he protests(specially when I wear them during sex) but he's slowly getting used to it.
bouncy.gif

Kenny's so used to seeing me in a scarf. I have them in all different colors, but most often times wear my chanel or gucci ones so that he isn't TOO freaked out. Now, he wouldn't give it to me if i forgot to put one on, but he doesn't mind it. He even says that I'm beautiful when I'm wearing one. Poor sap....Love is truly blind. *smirking*

My bf was there when i bought my satin cap. I was looking throught the children's ones since they seemed so much cheaper. Only when i got out did i realise that i picked up a flurescent orange one. EW ? He asked why i needed it and i explained about breakage and moisture loss. And he was like am i supposed to wear something on my hair at nights?
This guy grows an inch every month ... i looked at him and was like ... OH WHATEVER.
Back to the topic. he saw me in the orange thing. He didnt freak out ... I was also hiding my face from him. He puts out his satin pillowcases when he knows im going over by him to spend the day

If your husband grew up with women in the house, he should already know something about women and he won't mind a scarf
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ballett_bun: Don't feel bad about not wanting to wear anything on your head.
nono.gif
Because my husband (of 3 months) is so accomodating, I just can't let him see me every night with a plastic cap (my favorite) on my head. Not to mention that I can't stand wearing anything on my head either since it always slides off. Yup, the scarves also!

He actually likes the creative ways that I tie my scarves and laughs when I'm fussing in the middle of the night when they come off!
mad.gif

So I opted for a satin pillowcase at night, a scarf while on my way to work (45 minute drive), plastic cap on weekends(if I'm home
grin.gif
) and the baggie trick as soon as I get my phony pony!

Check out the beauty supply store/the off brand ones to see if they have satin pillowcases. Believe it or not that's where I got mine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ... I have a sewing machine, so I have no reason to not make my own. Can I say "PROCRASTINATION" ... lol! Creative scarf wearing ...hmmmmm, do you have any pic's.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...As your man notices our nice your hair looks he definitely won't mind when you tell him that the scarf helps out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say to him once ..."I don't hear you complaining when we go out and I'm looking good on your arm. That stopped him in his tracks.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Kenny's so used to seeing me in a scarf. I have them in all different colors, but most often times wear my chanel or gucci ones so that he isn't TOO freaked out. Now, he wouldn't give it to me if i forgot to put one on, but he doesn't mind it. He even says that I'm beautiful when I'm wearing one. Poor sap....Love is truly blind. *smirking*

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif
.... "Poor sap" .... you're funny!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

grin.gif
! I saw some pics on this site that I think Hairlove posted, under Hair tips? or Hairstyles?

I wish I knew of some sites that show wraps. Sorry
frown.gif
!

[ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caramela my husband has done the same thing too
laugh.gif
I guess he felt that he has to deal with this every night, but not when I'm getting my groove on.
kissing4.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caramela my husband has done the same thing too
laugh.gif
I guess he felt that he has to deal with this every night, but not when I'm getting my groove on.
kissing4.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Yea, I probably wouldn't wear the scarf either when you're getting busy. You're supposed to be sexy, right?

Ain't nothing sexy about a scarf! LOL!

I was being vain initially and didn't cover my hair at night, but I smartened up (my hair was in dire need). I now wear a satin scarf to bed every night. My husband has never said a word, the scarf is definitely not his focus.

Back