Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

I don't believe in love at first sight.

I think that we choose who we love and if two people meet and mutually decide at first glance to love each other, then & only then is it love at first sight.

Love is not something that we fall into, I used to think so when i was younger, but now I know love is a conscious effort. Loving someone through sickness, job losses, moodiness, irritability, and all the other things being in love can put you through is a choice that often requires diligent effort and committment.

No I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe that love comes after you've gotten to really know the person. His real personality. His good and bad sides. His strange quirks and all the irritating things he does. And after he's gotten on you nerves! After knowing what you know then, you still feel in love, then it's real.

If you feel love at first sight, that's really just lust and infatuation. When we meet someone in a romantic way, there are chemicals that we release in our systems that give us that extra loving feeling. That's all. When those chemicals wear off, then we can determine if it's truly love. Then we see more clearly.

That's where the term "looking through rose-colored glasses" comes from.

Last edited:
Back