Do y'all think people on hair forums lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

shynessqueen

about their hair. Do y'all think people on hair forums lie to you about if your hair looks good or not. Would you lie about your hair. Would you lie to someone about how their hair really looks. I didn't ask if you cared.
I asked do you think.

I do believe that some can exaggerate the truth. Not on this forum because there are so many pictures but on others that have been to.

If I dont think that someone's hair looks nice then I won't comment. Different people have different taste and who am I to tell someone their hair style doesn't rock if they think that it does?

I have no reason to lie about my hair. I post pictures to prove all that I say. From my up close and personal pictures I have gotten great responses and advice!

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I do believe that some can exaggerate the truth. Not on this forum because there are so many pictures but on others that have been to.

If I dont think that someone's hair looks nice then I won't comment. Different people have different taste and who am I to tell someone their hair style doesn't rock if they think that it does?

I have no reason to lie about my hair. I post pictures to prove all that I say. From my up close and personal pictures I have gotten great responses and advice!

I agree!

Almost every head of hair I see on here has something about it that is beautiful, be it thickness, length, shine, curl, color... I haven't seen anyone's hair on LHCF yet that I couldn't honestly compliment.

If I don't like someone's hair I'll keep it to myself. If they ask my opinion, then I will tell what I like and dislike. I would not lie about my hair b/c I feel I am cheating myself. I am on a hair board to get different ideas, improvement tips and inspiration. I think LHCF is place to do that.

Not to say it's so far-fetched because I have known people that just lie and make up stuff for no dern good reason, but it would be pretty pointless to lie on an interactive support system for your hair goals. You are bound to meet women who are exactly where you are on your journey, which is so helpful, and women who were where you are at one point and are now where you want to be, which is so inspiring. Whoever lies, is straight up cheating themselves and no one else.

Yes, we ALL do with our 'screen names'. ;)

Seriously, I usually believe what I read. I seldom doubt a member's post or testimony. What's the point? No one really cares, so why lie? If someone wears a weave or a wig or a natural, no one cares. We all are here wishing each other the very best and sharing what we know to help each other out.

I hope no one is lying... there's really no need to. :nono: Everyone here is still valuable and special no matter what. :yep:

I don't lie about mine.
headbang.gif

But with so many thousands of black women on here chasing the "almighty black woman's dream" of long hair i'm SURE some people feel the need to lie. For what reasons? I'm not positive, maybe they have low self-esteem or just want attention :ohwell:

Some people might just be deceiving themselves. Maybe they are not trying to lie but truly see their hair in a different way than is reality.
wtf.gif
But hey, it doesn't take anything away for my hair so we good.. now if it starts messing with mine in any way
boxing.gif

You know me. I am not gonna lie. I am too lazy to type of lies. I will just keep it moving if it's that deep. But as far as the lying thing, I wouldn't say people, lie but I deg on would shole say exaggerate.

For example, if you claim to have 2 inches a month, with no pics. I am going to automatically believe you are over-exaggerating. I can kinda tell when someone is pulling my leg just by reading though.

MsDee4 said:
I don't lie about mine.
headbang.gif

But with so many thousands of black women on here chasing the "almighty black woman's dream" of long hair i'm SURE some people feel the need to lie. For what reasons? I'm not positive, maybe they have low self-esteem or just want attention :ohwell:

Some people might just be deceiving themselves. Maybe they are not trying to lie but truly see their hair in a different way than is reality.
wtf.gif
But hey, it doesn't take anything away for my hair so we good.. now if it starts messing with mine in any way
boxing.gif

:lol: You are too funny with your inserts.

I usually believe what people post. I have no reason to lie. I try to be as realistic as possible when posting raves on products, I hardly ever do so and I have such ADD that a product I loved three months ago is just so so by now.

I don't lie when people post pictures, I usually find something nice about their hair whether it has potential or it is absolutely beautiful:)

shynessqueen said:
about their hair. Do y'all think people on hair forums lie to you about if your hair looks good or not. Would you lie about your hair. Would you lie to someone about how their hair really looks. I didn't ask if you cared.
I asked do you think.
:eek: :lachen:

Ok, erruh

Do y'all think people on hair forums lie to you about if your hair looks good or not. I think that there are some people who feel compelled to say something nice, whether it is true or not.

Would you lie about your hair. Nope and I try my best not to lean over backwards to make my hair look longer.

Would you lie to someone about how their hair really looks. Nope. I would rather just not say anything.

Please note that all answers in this post were given by Beyonce's inner Hoe Sasha - NOT Jcoily :wasntme: :ban:

LocksOfLuV said:
You know me. I am not gonna lie. I am too lazy to type of lies. I will just keep it moving if it's that deep. But as far as the lying thing, I wouldn't say people, lie but I deg on would shole say exaggerate.

For example, if you claim to have 2 inches a month, with no pics. I am going to automatically believe you are over-exaggerating. I can kinda tell when someone is pulling my leg just by reading though.

Let's talk about that :lol: . These people never have pictures or for whatever reason, had the two inches chopped off so we can't see it :lachen: . Man, I'm so past crazy growth schemes it's not even funny :ohwell: .

And I'm not calling anyone out in particular because honestly, I see it claimed too much and on too many boards.

camellia said:
I agree!

Almost every head of hair I see on here has something about it that is beautiful, be it thickness, length, shine, curl, color... I haven't seen anyone's hair on LHCF yet that I couldn't honestly compliment.

And that's the #1 reason why I joined here. I want to get as much advice and tips as I possibly can. I think it's kinda sad when/if people lie about their hair. I don't see the point.

I've been around LHCF for awhile. I've seen photoshopped pics, product reviews pushed by folks who never used them and then disappeard when questioned, folks promoting products they know are crap and then disappearing when that ish start making folks go bald, for holding their heads back to make their hair look longer, folks passing off weaves as their hair, folks starting "wars" in people's fotki's, folks putting others on blast...I've seen it all.

OneInAMillion said:
Let's talk about that :lol: . These people never have pictures or for whatever reason, had the two inches chopped off so we can't see it :lachen: . Man, I'm so past crazy growth schemes it's not even funny :ohwell: .

And I'm not calling anyone out in particular because honestly, I see it claimed too much and on too many boards.
It bothers me. It's like, ok this product grew you 5" in one month, and not a single pic? You can't go out and buy a disposable camera and take some pics?

And some folks have kept this going on for years...saying said prodcut is growing their hair, and now the SL, now BSL, now WL, now 5" past WL and not a single pic.

And I can understand now wanting to show your face, but if you have MS paint, you can easily fix that.

It's just a matter of time before folx stop posting opinions and start alluding to members so we are going to nip this in the bud, Madea style.

"CLINK, CLINK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back