Do anyone of you feel this way?

LadyCee

FOr the ladies that have or are doing longer streches in attempt to avoid over processing and increase the thickness in your hair.

Do any of you ladies feel this way.

When you are getting closer and closer to your relax day im about (2 weeks) you seem somewhat nervous about the end results? like what did i do wrong what should i do next time and etc? how do you fight the gitters inside?:blush:

what do you recommend or do within the little time b4 ur relaxer to make sure your hair comes out Wonderful? :|

This is my first ever stretch (I'm 8 weeks post shooting for 16) so I'm bumping for more replies! I'd really like to know too!

Yes, i get this way. It is important to continue to do what's healthy for your hair up until that time. In my case anxiety kicks in from time to time and I feel like i just "have" to do something to it because I think i look awkward during my stretches. I don't feel so put together with flaunting my NG and my hair pulled back in a bun. It gets tempting to just through some gel on it to slick it back like i did in the olds days, but then i remember whats got me here. Don't wanna go backwards.:nono:

Just keep to your regimen, and the end results will be favorable! Protect those ends because that is your length.

I am drawing to the end of my first stretch ( 12 weeks, I TU next week). I am looking forward to getting it done. The pampering will be nice ( I don't self-relax) and I fully expect my stylist to tell me how great a job I've done with my hair. I won't allow her to convince me to trim though, I've checked my ends. All in all, I'm fully confident (thanks to LHCF) that my hair is well taken care of by me.

FOr the ladies that have or are doing longer streches in attempt to avoid over processing and increase the thickness in your hair.

When you are getting closer and closer to your relax day im about (2 weeks) you seem somewhat nervous about the end results? like what did i do wrong what should i do next time and etc? how do you fight the gitters inside?:blush:

what do you recommend or do within the little time b4 ur relaxer to make sure your hair comes out Wonderful? :|
Yeah I get thr gitters lol I did my forst self relax last relaxer it turned out good but I was nervous... this time I dont think ill be as nervouse (hopefully) .. im just gonna follow the same format i used before.. base hair line..coat the relaxed hair with oil for protection... but this time relax in sections.. that way I wont feel rushed to get finish

Girl I know how you feel, I took my twists out last night and I dint know what is what with my hair. I end up regretting this long stretch. I am going home tonight and doing a heena treatment and use honey in my deep conditioner to soften things up.

Hey myztique, this happens to me every single time! lol I just recently started relaxing my hair (after a natural stint that lasted about 2yrs) and after my 2nd relaxer, I started waiting 12wks just because i could, and every single time i went to my stylist i would be nervous and think my hair would fall out, i did something wrong, etc etc but each time it came out nicely. So i kind of just expect the gitters, i'm a little paranoid, lol.

This next time (since finding the board and all) I'm going to try to stretch to 16wks and what I'm going to do is try to avoid manipulation in that extra 4wks as much as possible, like wear a rollerset or possibly braids and try to keep my hands out my hair because i have extreme hand in hair syndrome when i have a lot of new growth. I'mma also try not to comb it too much to combat breakage and shedding so it wont appear to be thin and i won't be nervous (but i know i will). Hope this helps. :yep:

i'm really nervous. I'm getting my relaxer this saturday. I just finish doing 6 months, so i'm am really nervous. I had a big ball of hair after my wash last week,:blush: so i hope i don't have a set back, or thin ends, or anything. Seem like the past 2 weeks my hair has gotten resistant to everything!!::sad:

I have the gitters, this is my first stretch. My last perm was the end of July and i'm trying to stretch til mid January. i'm terrified. My hair is shedding and it seems to me like a lot, i'm doing the deep conditionings, trying not to touch the hair much, got a lace from wig even. will try the tea rinse and see if it helps. praying the first touch up is a success. i wish you all well on your hair growing.

The weeks leading up to the relaxer, I begin really thinking about Relaxer Day. Making sure I did my protein treatment 1 week before, clarified, not scratching, stopped using any Sulfur based products at least 2 weeks prior:spinning:

Yeah....when I relax, I begin preparing my Hair & Regimen for the Next Relaxer.:look:

I think about the Stretch I just came off of and what worked, what didn't work, how I can improve the next time. What products to use etc.....:yep:

I do this immediately after ending my stretch. What my first wash-day will consist of, what protein treatment will I do etc...

And now that it's colder, what products will work the best in this weather etc......

I am always constantly thinking & writing out regimens. If not on paper...in my head.:spinning:

Yep, I feel that way. I'm almost 7 months post, and everytime I tell myself that I'm going to get a touch-up I don't because I'm afraid of my scissor happy stylist. I've been trimming/dusting as I see fit...and don't see a prob with my ends...but I just KNOW my stylist will want to "trim" away an inch+ of hair...so I just continue to maintain my hair on my own...

I do. I am so paranoid about overprocessing that I end up underprocessing my hair. Like T, I mentally prepare for relaxer day, but when that day arrives, everything I planned escapes me.

Back