when u strech your relaxer do you notice...?

Im glad I looked at this post....Im about 17 week post, and was wondering the same thing. I was debating the whole trim/not trim thing but my ends have been looking really ragged and just plain drawed up! I will wait until I decide to relax..until then I will try my first baggy method and see how I do!!! Thanks for this!!

Thank God I read this thread. I was getting frustrated because I thought that I lost all my length during my first 4 month stretch. I went from APL to just under SL and I can't wait to relax and get my APL hair back! Thanks ladies

This thread was right on time, cuz Im gettin frustrated and want to just grab my scissors :look:

Hmmm ..

Im relaxing this weekend though ..

Here is what Im going through ..

812017_640x480.jpg

a few of those are scragglers .. I get so frustrated :blush:

my hair has gotten so thin ..

I know exactly what you mean. I never thought about trimming at this stage. You'll know if you need a trim after you relax. :yep:

I am so glad I read this thread b/c I probably would have dust/trimmed my ends, I would have been so mad if I trimmed/dust ends and they didn't need it :wallbash:.
I'll be doing my touch-up on Thursday after a 3mth stretch hopefully my ends look good and fresh :yep:

I'm 12 weeks post. I went to the mirror about an hour ago and I was thinking WTH is happening to my hair? It looks shorter than it did three months ago and definitely shorter than it did when I washed it on Friday:nono:. Thank God this seems to be normal. So it's definitely shrinkage going on then...that's good to know. I'm still on track for september then:yep:.

I was going thru old threads and came across this one about why hair looks so much different when you need a relax. Sistaslick to the rescue hits it right on the nose. I love that girls advice she is right on:D

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=97605

I hope I did that right:confused:

With 18 weeks of new growth, I had to reread SistaSlick's explanation of the volume of newgrowth, making the relaxed hair appear thin and sickly. Just needed some encouragement to keep going on with this stretch. Sigh. It will all be worth it.

Question -

Does stretching change the texture of your hair? My hair is becoming more coarse.
Also, I know your hair shrinks but when you blow-out & flat iron can you really see how long your hair is? Or do you only get that surprise when you relax?

Back