Divorced and Loving It

gloomgeisha

Ah me. I did disappear for awhile, but I'm back mes amies! And with more joy in my soul than I can bear to stand. This week I'm moving back into my mums for a month to regroup (there's a chance I'll be moving to Las Vegas at the end of the month)- but I've been technically "single" for the past three months and I haven't shed a single tear.

For a second I felt so cruel, so heartless. Why could I not cry when I told D-EX-H that I enjoyed that five day trip he took to Florida primarily because he wasn't here? How could I reconcile that leap of joy my heart took when he started moving his crap out of our one bedroom?

Why? Because I was too damned happy. And now that final goodbyes have been said and the family plan phones have been turned off- a huge weight has come off of my shoulders. I'm out having fun, exercising, working, getting laid, and meeting more hot guys than I can shake a stick at.

Life is good and I certainly don't need a legal attachment to make it better.

So all my happily divorced ladies- be honest...how many of you turned on A Taste of Honey's Boogie Oogie and skipped around like some kind of deranged girl scout when you finally gave him the boot?

Share your happiest divorce stories with me-

Congrats! :look:

I was married for 10 years and when it was officially over I was overjoyed as well. I changed my name back to my maiden name and everyone was [like] congrats! :grin: thinking that I just got married! I just corrected them and told them that I was now

DIVORCED :yep:

GO'ON AND BE HAPPY!!!!

UGH....JUST A FRIENDLY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT....MAKE SURE YOU'RE PLAYING SAFE! WRAP it up.....2xs......3 if you can...he don't need to feel nothing...just you :grin:.

Chiming in..I am divorced and very happy right about now..who woulda thunk it.:grin:

Nothing wrong w/ being happy to be rid of a man who isn't good for you.

Thanks for all the well wishes, and by the gods it is good to be back.

JFemme, you were definitely an inspiration for me when I was going through my toughest times. You always seemed so understanding and compassionate. The same can be said of all of you.

No worries, Symone, I carry a pack of condoms with me wherever I go. I never know when one of my "chums" might be available after a shift at the theater.

Aight lady...well carry on. Just gotta make sure my ladies are protecting themselves. No more statistics!!!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes, and by the gods it is good to be back.

JFemme, you were definitely an inspiration for me when I was going through my toughest times. You always seemed so understanding and compassionate. The same can be said of all of you.

No worries, Symone, I carry a pack of condoms with me wherever I go. I never know when one of my "chums" might be available after a shift at the theater.

I remember you posting about being unhappy in your marriage.

I saw an old post of yours, and I was like hey she's hasn't posted in a while. Glad your back.

I think few people say that after a divorce they are happy. Most are crying their eyes out. I'm happy that you're happy.:) I wish I had some of your strength. I ball like a baby after a break up:ohwell:

So all my happily divorced ladies- be honest...how many of you turned on A Taste of Honey's Boogie Oogie and skipped around like some kind of deranged girl scout when you finally gave him the boot?

-

I ain't divorced...neva been married but I just wanna dance...

Git on up on the floor
Cuz we're gonna boogie oogie oogie
till you just can't boogie no more
Boogie no more
You can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more
Listen to the music...

I'm glad that you are happy!

N~

Congratulations on your new found freedom and happiness. :yay:
I have never been married, but I have been in a CRAP relatioship for 7 years praying for the strength to get out. It looks like the only way this will happen is to call the police to get the punk outta my house.

I hope I can rejoice like you one day

Welcome back Gloom. :bighug: I've thought about you several times and hoped you were okay. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I felt the same way after I divorced my first husband. I never shed a tear and never looked back. Congrats on your new found happiness. :yep:

Hey Gloom! Good to see you back on the board again. I'm happy that you're happy. And, um, where are you meeting these eligible bachelors? I'm trying to be like you. :look:

Nice to hear tht you are smiling and joyful after your divorce. congrats! I need to get out myself and meet some man and start dating again.

I'm so happy for you. I know people who were so unhappy after their divorce...they werent much happier in the relationship either. :nono:
Let the good times roll!

Congratulations on making the right decision for your health and happiness. :up:

And welcome back! I missed you around here.

Back