Divorced and Loving It

I'm so happy for you. I know people who were so unhappy after their divorce...they werent much happier in the relationship either. :nono:
Let the good times roll!

I just don't understand that, but then again, I too had to battle with the whole co-dependency thing. Because being miserable in a relationship doesn't seem like love, it seems like fear of being alone. How long did I complain about this relationship guys...1 1/2-2 years? But I still married him. I still went through all the motions because in my mind it was better to have someone than no one. :perplexed :ohwell:

I was being unfair to both of us and in the end, I think I would have saved both of us many sleepless nights, pointless arguments, and misspoken words had I just called it quits the moment I couldn't think of the last time we really enjoyed each other's company. *sigh*

But you live and learn.

I just don't understand that, but then again, I too had to battle with the whole co-dependency thing. Because being miserable in a relationship doesn't seem like love, it seems like fear of being alone. How long did I complain about this relationship guys...1 1/2-2 years? But I still married him. I still went through all the motions because in my mind it was better to have someone than no one. :perplexed :ohwell:

I was being unfair to both of us and in the end, I think I would have saved both of us many sleepless nights, pointless arguments, and misspoken words had I just called it quits the moment I couldn't think of the last time we really enjoyed each other's company. *sigh*

But you live and learn.
Girl, it takes a lot of courage to do what you did. You took a BIG GIRL PILL and did what was right for you. Some people linger in those types of relationships for DECADES and end up "living" most of their lives unhappily!
Congratulations.

Back